• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Hidden Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey There, I need help at a i might say, very easy trigger, but anyways i dont know how to do that, thats my problem:

I wanted to create an RPG Map where you sometimes can find hidden secrets, but when you usual start the map, there is fog of war, meaning you can slightly see the terrain, and so you can see the secrets, what i dont want. I want everything black since begin , you know what you can set too, when playing meele maps, everything black and has to be explored first to create fog of war.

Can someone tell me the trigger for that? and hold it as simple as it can pls.
Thanks.

Level 3
Doesnt work,
any other methods?

I want to let it look like, when you do that Setting: (Screen)
And yes my game is german, i want the setting my mouse is at.
And that without doing it, a trigger maybe. "Gelände Verbergen": Hide Terrain.

Attachments

• sassas.png
    sassas.png
    654.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:

_PV

_PV

Level 7
make a trigger like this:
  • Visibility modifier
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Enable black mask
Should keep the secret's safe :)
You could also try locking the camera to the hero, this way they can't pan the camera around the map.
  • lock camera
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
Hope this helped :)

Level 3
Well that pan camera on the Hero did i already, but basically the secrets are hidden passages between trees, very difficult to see, but you can still see the small rooms behind those with fog of war, so you know theres a secret. and sorry, your method with Enably Black mask doesnt work.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
easy. Just put some doodads in that passage.
Go to pathing blockers, and fill the passage with Line of sight blockers :) just 1 line of pathing blockers. like so > Hope It works now :D

Attachments

• Pathing blockers.JPG
    Pathing blockers.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 57
Level 3
That Cant work

Here a little Explaination of the Situation:

Attachments

• Explaination.png
    Explaination.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 118

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Go to object editor, select the units and doodads in the secret area, and make the value:
Art - Show in fog = false. But now there will be a big empty space on the map and the player will suspect a secret there. Now,Nobody will see the objects in the area but To make it even more hidden, fill that area with trees, then make a trigger (map initialization) which removes the trees and places the secret there. in the fog of war, it will look like this (pictures below.)
Here's a very simple trigger I used to destroy the trees and spawn the secret :D
  • visibility help
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in Region 000 <gen> and do (Destructible - Kill (Matching destructible))
      • Destructible - Create a secret at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0

Attachments

• unexplored secret.PNG
    unexplored secret.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • explored secret.PNG
    explored secret.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Level 3
Finally!!

Everything is alright now! BurningFlyingSheep and Maker were right.
But also Big Thanks and +rep to all other who send me ideas!
Now to the point why BurningFlyingSheep and Maker's Idea went wrong first. I had tried to do this before sending that thread too, i tried everything, and forgot to delete the trigger with the action "enable fog of war". Thats why
Scenario -> Map options

Untick Masked areas are partially visible
was invalid.
I gonna release my map on hive when i am finished.

Attachments

• sassas.png
    sassas.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.