• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Get order point of current order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Is it possible to get the order point of the current order of a unit instead of having to use an event response?

I don't want to create a seperate trigger just to get the point a unit is ordered to.
I didn't find anything usefull in the native list.

Level 14
There is only GetUnitCurrentOrder, but there is no native function to get the current target/point.
So the best you can do is create a snippet with a custom function using the events.

This was the answer I was looking for, thank you Troll-Brain.
It's a shame though that there is no standard native :(
I'll do as suggested.

Did you try GetOrderPointLoc? (constant native GetOrderPointLoc takes nothing returns location
it is from common.j

As I said in my first post I've already looked through the native list myself.
This native takes (nothing) which means it's a response to an event, how else would it return any value at all?
Whereas in my case I want to be abled to give an order id which then returns the location or points.

Apparantly as Troll-Brain suggested I would have to create my own custom function that does what I need.

Thanks for trying to help though.

+rep to the both of you, even though I kind of expected this answer :/
I'm a bit dissapointed in common.j now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.