• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Few Questions~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
1. what is the difference between enabled, initially on and run on map initialization?

2. what is the difference between turn on trigger and run trigger?

3. if i wan to load a trigger in game, which setting should i use?

Level 9
1. enabled = runs everytime the event is met ; run on map ini = runs ones at map ini ignoring the event

2. turn on trigger = the trigger runs when the event is met ; run trigger = the trigger runs ingnoring the event

3. dont get what you want...

Level 23
1. Intially on means the trigger will start working after map init while intially off means you will have to call Turn on trigger
enabled/disabled is more or less for debugging, if you disable trigger it is like not existing for the game
run on map init - it will just add Map Initialization to the events of the trigger(if not than sorry but it will basically run the trigger on map init, when the map is loading I think)

2. If you have trigger with event every 2 seconds which is intially off and you do run trigger it will(or not depends on if you want him) evaluate triggers condition(check if all conditions are true) and if they are it will run the trigger once
on the other hand turn on trigger will make the trigger to work evert timr the event of the trigger happens in this case every 2 seconds

I also dont know what you mean by 3.

Hope you understand

Level 6
if i want to turn on the trigger in game but the trigger will work only if the condition is met what should i do?

Level 8
1. what is the difference between enabled, initially on and run on map initialization?

2. what is the difference between turn on trigger and run trigger?

3. if i wan to load a trigger in game, which setting should i use?

1.)

Enabled is a trigger that works perfectly.
Disabled is a trigger that will not work because either you chose to or there is something wrong with it.

Initially ON means that the trigger will be working in-game, everytime the event is met.
Initially OFF means that the trigger wont trigger when the event is met, and wont do nothing.

2.)

Turn on the trigger means that you will turn on a turned off trigger, and is usually used for enabling periodic loops, for example you have a trigger with
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0,03 seconds of the game
Having this Initially ON, is bad, because it requires a bunch of resources which can cause lagg, so you have it Initally OFF, and you turn it on, in another trigger, when needed.
Run the trigger, will do what it sais, it will Run the trigger (and its conditions if you want its optional) whenever you want to, ignoring if the event is met or not.

3.) Well, the Run Trigger function is used when a set of specific actions are required in more than one trigger, so instead of copy/pasting them you just put the function Run Trigger.
If you want to "load" a trigger, from that i understand you want to do something differently from what your main trigger does, with a different event, you will have to use Turn Trigger - ON, granted you have that trigger Initially OFF.

~Regards

Level 6
1.)

Enabled is a trigger that works perfectly.
Disabled is a trigger that will not work because either you chose to or there is something wrong with it.

Initially ON means that the trigger will be working in-game, everytime the event is met.
Initially OFF means that the trigger wont trigger when the event is met, and wont do nothing.

2.)

Turn on the trigger means that you will turn on a turned off trigger, and is usually used for enabling periodic loops, for example you have a trigger with
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0,03 seconds of the game
Having this Initially ON, is bad, because it requires a bunch of resources which can cause lagg, so you have it Initally OFF, and you turn it on, in another trigger, when needed.
Run the trigger, will do what it sais, it will Run the trigger (and its conditions if you want its optional) whenever you want to, ignoring if the event is met or not.

3.) Well, the Run Trigger function is used when a set of specific actions are required in more than one trigger, so instead of copy/pasting them you just put the function Run Trigger.
If you want to "load" a trigger, from that i understand you want to do something differently from what your main trigger does, with a different event, you will have to use Turn Trigger - ON, granted you have that trigger Initially OFF.

~Regards

if initially off then use turn trigger on but what if i uncheck the run on map initialization, is it initially on=run on map initialization?

Level 6
i imported the damage detection system from the spell section, inside contain this......
the enable trigger was unchecked, that means this trigger is disabled? so what is this thing for?
  • GDD Variable Creator
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set GDD_Event = 0.00
      • Set GDD_Damage = 0.00
      • Set GDD_DamagedUnit = No unit
      • Set GDD_DamageSource = No unit
      • Set GDD__TriggerArray[0] = (This trigger)
      • Set GDD__Integers[0] = 0
      • Set GDD__UnitArray[0] = No unit
      • Set GDD__LeftMapGroup = GDD__LeftMapGroup

Level 23
no, did you read what Ive write?
Intially on means it will run every time the events happens and conditions are met.
Run on Map Initialization means the whole trigger will be run when the map is loading(basically its like if you made trigger with event Map Initialization)
If you disable trigger the game will ignore it, like if it never existed. just turn the trigger intially off or dont give it any events

Level 6
no, did you read what Ive write?
Intially on means it will run every time the events happens and conditions are met.
Run on Map Initialization means the whole trigger will be run when the map is loading(basically its like if you made trigger with event Map Initialization)
If you disable trigger the game will ignore it, like if it never existed. just turn the trigger intially off or dont give it any events

do you mean GUI trigger(event not map initialization) won't load while loading time? it doesn't have "run on map initialization"

Level 33
World Editor > File > Preferences... > General Tab > Tick the Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data

Perhaps you have this option disabled, that's why you can't import the variables correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.