• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Dummy to cast a newly trained unit not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
[Solved] Dummy to cast a newly trained unit not working

So I've done this.. Basically i want to make the Musketeer unit have a 25% chance to miss on its attacks, but since I cant Add Buffs to units, I just made a dummy unit that casts it on the newly made Musketeer to add the buff right then and there. But it only works sometimes..? And sometimes the dummies dont remove. Any help? I'm sure theres a much easier way >.<

• musket inaccuracies
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mounted Musketeer
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Musketeer
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 fakeunit2 for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 0.60 seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Curse) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
        • Else - Actions
          • Wait 0.01 seconds
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Triggering unit)
          • Wait 0.60 seconds
          • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

Last edited:
Level 9
soooo....

1. use variables to store positions and use a custom script 'call RemoveLocation(udg_YOURVARIABLENAME)' otherwise it will leak...if you dont know about leaks search for a tutorial....here are some on the hive^^

2. avoid waits...they cause bugs and make problems.

3. to remove the 'fakeunit2' use a expiration timer

4. whats the if/then/else for? you order the dummy to cast curse on the unit....then you check whether the unit still has the buff Oo you can set the duration so you dont have to check.

5. you should learn about triggers...

Level 4
soooo....

1. use variables to store positions and use a custom script 'call RemoveLocation(udg_YOURVARIABLENAME)' otherwise it will leak...if you dont know about leaks search for a tutorial....here are some on the hive^^

2. avoid waits...they cause bugs and make problems.

3. to remove the 'fakeunit2' use a expiration timer

4. whats the if/then/else for? you order the dummy to cast curse on the unit....then you check whether the unit still has the buff Oo you can set the duration so you dont have to check.

5. you should learn about triggers...

Okay yea I've never used custom scripts before, maybe thats what this needed. I did figure that waits cause problems because it only worked sometimes, and the 2nd If/then/else was a "retry" to curse the unit again, and this made it work more often but it was still messed up so yea. The expiration timer was a way better idea haha.

Yea I'm not a master with triggers or anything lol. But that's why i came here :p

Anyway, thanks defskull! :D you seem to have provided me the solution, and I see how that is much better than my trigger haha. I really appreciate it

EDIT: How do I change the prefix so that this trigger says Solved?

Level 9
without looking on the trigger i would say there's a line thats 'Game - display to all players the text : XY' ....just remove that line^^

Level 4
Oh no no, i dont mean something in-game. I mean in this thread, the prefix is trigger. How do i change that to say Solved?

Level 33
Usually, people just leave it as it is, I believe it is Moderator's job to make a check in their respective sections and will mark it as solve on their own.

But, some users want to help lighten the burden of a Moderator (which what you're going to do now), by editing their first post (Edit > Go Advanced > Edit the Title add your own prefix [Solve] or whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.