• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Can someone help me with a full screen window system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hi all.
(I know this one could be in Requests too but I think that it is better here.)

I would like to have a full screen inventory and skilltree but I get stuck with massive triggers everytime.

I have searched the spell section and found this very interesting but it is vJASS and I never used vJASS except for "globals" and "library" tags to make my plain JASS more readable.

It has to be fully dynamic and very low cpu consuming and with my amount of experience in this stuff, I think that it is not a good idea to actually do it myself.

Can someone help me getting these full screen windows together?
I can't continue on my project until I got at least the inventory.

+Rep and Special Thanks to the people who help me with it.

Level 19
There's no tutorial on this since it's usually done by scratch per mapmaker. I tried makers system but it was weird. Eventually I just took a 16x8 array of boxes and used trackables to detect mouse clicks. Turned out nice.

Why do you "need" a full screen inventory persay? Google witcher's multi board inventory, I used it for quite a while before I made my own.

Level 19
I "need" one because I am not satisfied without the BEST.
Next to that, I use multiboards for something different and that made me be unable to use other multiboards properly.

Than you're screwed. mine took about 2000 lines of code in 3 stressful months. Either deal with this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/ghosts-full-gui-full-screen-inventory-v2-1-a-176776/ , move to project recruitment, or settle for something worse than the rest.

Also your excuse is invalid, you can use an item or ability to switch between multiboards or smth

Level 24
No my exuse is valid.
I remove the MB backgrounds to be able to use a better mb.
But then I am not able any more to use other mbs because you havent got a background and so it is ugly and I don't want ugly things.
Maybe you have seen that thread... it was about showing an icon (large one 64x64) in a multiboard.

That is also the reason why most full screen inventories are not able any more.
I have got a bit and had a working one a while ago but this one is different.
I just need someone who can do this and then I can finally start making the spells and stuff.
Then I can upload a demo map within 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.