• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In need of some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, Touchstone here (Free cookie if you remember me) and I was looking for some advice.

While I sadly don't have WC3 anymore due to some complications with friends and borrowing, I have been trying my hand at modding things for League of Legends(mostly particle work etc).

While I know this isn't exactly the place to ask about modding anything other than WC3, I can't find a modding forum for League that isn't dead so I've come to you guys because I can't think of anywhere else.

I'll cut to the chase. I've been attempting to recolor/retexture a .dds file for a character in the game and it just hasn't been working out. Obviously I can't expect it to be a cakewalk since I'm rather new to it, but it's been driving me a bit bananas:vw_death:

What I'm asking for is some tips and guidance on how to make this a bit easier. I can do sound files and particles but this seems to be eluding me.
I've got access to Paint.net and GIMP2 if anyone want's to know.

Thanks, I appreciate the time you took to read this.

PS: Before anyone says "check the tutorial section", I already did.

Status
Not open for further replies.