• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legendary Terrains

Level 19

frostwhisper
Postapocalypse-1.png

void
52433d1239835027-voids-terrain-gallery-towerofdawn.png

me :D
48815d1235728715-raid1000s-screens-hell.png

madsen
14700d1192357080-madsens-terrain-showcase-atlantis-thelostcity4.jpg

megafyr
59145d1246279126-megafyrs-terrains-small-world-2.jpg

ziggen
59391d1246491005-ziggens-terrains-fortresseagle.png

idk some dude
121657-albums1839-picture13870.jpg

naze
41418d1225905962-nazes-terrain-showcase-morning-tundra.jpg

mad lion
59444d1246540785-terrain-contest-7-small-world-mad-lion-.jpg

nbah
46892d1233493907-sunrise-sunrise.jpg

Level 36
umm i dont know,

why are people naming terrains that are already in the Legendary terrain thread ???

i think we should at least suggest terrains that ARN"T in the Legendary terrain thread already.

Mostly because the list is going to consist of the most quality terrain; that means that one or two terrains from the legendary thread might or might not get onto it, from time to time.

Level 36
I'm now confused. Is this thread going to have better terrains then the Legendary thread? Because this thread is the ''Top ten terrains'' and all of the terrains that are in the Legendary thread are the top. Making a thread with same terrains isn't really a great idea.

Tsk tsk tsk. Oziris; I thought we already spoke about this.. >.>

Again:

The legendary terrains thread do by FAR not hold the most appealing terrains to look at. Those terrains are terrains that made forth inspiration and that was bloody great at their time, legendary, the word itself means "Something that was once great, but have ever since faltered." Ever heard of a person that is alive and is still referred to as a legend? >.>

Anywho, this thread doesnt aim to show of the terrains that sprung foth a new era of terrains, or that inspired a great load of people; it is to show of the most appealing and nice looking terrains out there, be they perfections of older ideas or not.

Good idea.I think it's a lot of great terrains here and it'll be hard to nominate 10 best.

Reason why I am asembling a Jury of great terrainers and terrain reviewers/knowers together in a Social Group that is going to decide, as a group, which terrains to add to the list.

Level 7
Some of the terrains I recommend:

Attachments

• Corexx Castle.png
    Corexx Castle.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 242
  • madsen atlantis.jpg
    madsen atlantis.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 113
  • madsen azjol-nerub.jpg
    madsen azjol-nerub.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 118
  • ~Void~ Tower of Babel.png
    ~Void~ Tower of Babel.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 169
  • Barrens.jpg
    Barrens.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Level 18
the leafs are most likly the " Leaf Falling " doodad from the high resolution package. Judging that the grass is also high res.

The leaf falling isn't that hard to place, but i agree with Hugget... "Simple things are the most valuable " or in other words. It doesn't have to be uber complicated and crafty to be amazing.

Level 7
No matter how simple and easy to do it is, this terrain is still very epic.
This is what I call true art and what I think deserves a place on this list, I just love to look at it over and over again^^

Level 7
omg, not even one of my pics.
8[ T_T :( 8< t.t ;`(

The jury made me sad...

€: oh, and I totally disagree with the results. Searching the best ten pics on hive is nearly as senseless as searching for the best terrainer...
8]

Level 36
Disappointing. Even so, I guess not everyone can be pleased by the idea.

Also, believe me, this list is not about finding the "best" terrains it is to find the best looking terrains; most appealing. As mentioned.
And it is not meant to point a bad finger at anyone, its meant to be inspirational. above all else. And I would agree myself, some of your terrains might deserve a spot on the list.
Maybe next time :)

Oh, and by the way: Let them suggestions still roll in :p

Level 18
2 things :

1) there are 4 pics here, that are already in the legendary thread....this kind of saddenes me, as to the fact that thats 4 less terrains we are seeing that are brand new and Excellent....im pretty sure we have ALL seen the Legendary terrain thread. no need to re port terrain we have already seen if u catch my drift.

2) can u make them attachments ? its annoying that they arn't attachments ( in my opinion )

Level 36
1) That is a wrong statement, there are only 2 terrains here that are also in the legendary thread. And if you want them replaced by anything you deem as better, then I suggest you post links to what terrains so that we can take a look at them when we're updating the thread.

2) No, I wont make them attachments. For one: It would be much harder ranking them from 1-10 then, and secondly it wouldn't look as nice.