• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post your WIP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post your WIP's

Do you have a terrain under progress, and would like if someone gave an opinion about it ?
.. or perhaps, you might need help or feedback to continue it further ?

If so, then this is most likely the right place for you. I offer opinions, help and feedback
to all those who need it, to the extent that I am able to.
Due to the fact that I could not be motivated
enough to create a thread for every work in
progress that I have, and I would like other
peoples opinions/feedback on them, I decided
to create a thread dedicated for posting WIPs
instead of a whole new thread for one WIP,
which I probably would've never finished anyways.

WIP.jpg

This is something that I am currently working on, basically I am just trying to make a desert safari
encampment terrain, because I've never really done one, and practise is always in place. So, the thread's
point should be clear for all, if there's a misunderstanding that this is only for me, then let me make it clear:
Anyone can upload their WIP in here instead of making a whole-new thread for it, as it might not ever be
finished and thus, would become rather pointless to stay as a thread.

[placeholder: Yes, I know that this a thread created by me and that I am first poster in it, if you want me to insert this message to the main subject, do ask me to do so.]

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Could look real nice if you revise the damn sky and stop clustering it with teeny tiny felsen. Fewer rocks in grander numbers is always the key, if I emphasised it any further I'd pop several veins. Absolutely love what you've done to the prominent though, the seemingly inconspicuous tilework is amazingly realistic. Really has potential.

Speaking of realism, I had something similar in mind for this piece of scrap.

Attachments

• gfdgd.png
    gfdgd.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 285
Level 23
I approve of this thread.
And while I am on it, I approve of fladdermasken's work. Really love the rock work here, I do not even want to mention the sky.
Also I approve your WiP, Og, except of what fladdermasken said and those orcish buildings, I simply dislike them. That might be a personal thing, but I am quite important, so you better delete them.
On a more serious note, nice concept aswell.

Level 14
Me likey, gonna see what I can muster up to update this post with.. Just wanted to hold my place :D

Edited: Gonna see what else I can find, this is what I've got for now though.
The unfinished construction is supposed to pair with the reflective water.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_103011_142130_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_103011_142130_01.png
    577.2 KB · Views: 143
  • WC3ScrnShot_103011_142539_06.png
    WC3ScrnShot_103011_142539_06.png
    848.4 KB · Views: 129
  • WC3ScrnShot_123110_133430_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_123110_133430_01.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 185

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
@fladder: From the left side I'd say you could work on the area right to the lamp, also the stones on that side could use some detail, being minorly blurred at this moment. Then to the right side, some of the pipes are disconnected.
I'm actually going to either revise or delete the lamp post entirely. As shiiK pointed out, it sort of disrupts the light dynamics a tad considering the right side is perfectly void of any light source so far. So I'll balance it out, if I get a striking enough idea. The scaling strikes me as a bit off as well.

The rocks are already on my "to-revise" list, much like the pipes.

Level 36
That third terrain looks lovely, Azurot.
- With some tidying up it could come out as a great piece! :)

Also, at first when I saw this thread I thought to myself that this seemed considerably useless, I mean, people DO post their WIP's around here, and having a separate thread for each persons WIP's makes for more people viewing and possibly commenting on the WIP, making for a slightly better way of getting critique. >.>

However, seeing how people here respond, I guess there is some use for those not brave enough, or assed enough, to make a thread for their WIPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.