• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My new terrain art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Theres nothing really hard to understand about it but come on man, give him a break, he tryed he's best to do something this time around, say it in a nicer way and everyone will be happy :p Now i agree on the flatness on the two first ones, in fact, try to never leave any ground completely flat, allways have some variety, but dont overdo it either, and the trees on the hills in the third one is indeed flating, lower them and it will look better.

Level 5
its called criticizing, get used to it if you're going to terrain!
I only wish people would criticize mine! Its almost like mine is average and theres nothing to say... :(

Level 8
I actually quite like the texturing in Screenshot 3, got a kind of 'spring-time' look to it, so good job on that. They all seem to be somewhat lacking in doodads however, just chuck a few environmental doodads (like rocks, flowers, shrubs and so on) in there to fill it up and make it look nice. The grass doodads you did use don't really fit with the Barrens tileset either, so change those to make them blend a little easier :thumbs_up:

Level 7
The only bad thing about the first one, imo, is the flat ground but enough about that. I think everything else was well done, just remember to add some height n such :wink:. And yeah, ctrl+page up/down to raise/lower doodads, since those trees are kinda floating about in the third screenshot. The second one is a nice look, good use of the orgrimmar wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.