• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Recruitment - Life Of a Terran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Project Name: Life of a Terran
Team name: Team LoaT
Release Date: When it's done.
Website www.LifeofaTerran.com
YouTube http://www.youtube.com/lifeofaterran

All clan members are required to use Google Docs, Twitter and Microsoft Live Messenger
Support our projects by using this image in your signature http://lifeofaterran.com/Signature/Fan.png

Clan Log shows the most recent activities inside the clan.
Draft Ideas Preview of the draft map ideas so far.

Join The Team
How to be a good Clan Member tutorial

Main Idea

We have all played Life of a Peasant, right. It's a wonderful map where Police, Mafia, Drug Lord and a bunch of peasants are trying to making a living while working, killing, driving, buying, selling and much more.
With its great success in WC3 it's only a matter of time before a similar map will be released on Starcraft 2. So lets grab this opportunity and be the first to start a project that thousands of people will enjoy.
However, in Wc3 - Life of a Peasant has suffered from huge imbalances and retarded remakes. Lets not make those mistakes. Protect the map and get it right from the first time.
I am talking about balanced, dynamic, fast-paced and engaging gameplay that is fun to play for casual gamers, hardcore fanatics and even time wasting newbs!

Smoking.jpg

Here is where YOU come in. We are looking for:

• T.E. Trigger Editor
    Create triggers and edit data.

• T.D. Terrain Designer
    Design and edit the terrain.

• W.D. Web Designer
    To help maintain and update our website.

• I.D. Image Designer
    Creating custom images for e.g. icons, loading screen, minimap, forums and tutorials.

• BR. Brainstormer
    Brainstorm ideas, gameplay elements, stories and more.

• P.A. Promotional Agent
    Promote the map on different forums, websites, Battle.net and such.

• F.M. Forum Moderator
    To maintain and take care of our forum. Help people out. Ban spammers.

• M.D. Model Designer
    Create new models, edit existing models, create new animations.

• S.D. Sound Designer
    Record youself, edit the recordings, sound effects, music and more.

Team Ranking
All new members will start with Freshman rank. When you have completed your qualification tests, you will be promoted to Map Developer.
If you are good at a specific skill field, you can earn stars for it. First, you earn up to 3 silver stars, then the silver stars becomes gold stars.
When you get 2 silver stars, you get promoted to Advanced Map Developer rank.
If you earn 1 gold star in a specific skill field, you get promoted to Field Leader, and are the leader for that specific field. E.g. ID. (Image Design) Leader or Tr. (Terrain) Leader.
If you earn 3 gold stars overall, and show great leadership, you can get promoted to the highest possible rank Team Leader. Team Leaders have control and can decide many things for the team.
Rang-Tree.png

For now, these are the probable team members:
Doctor-Pepper One of the project leaders, can also Trigger, Terrain, Web Design, Image Design, Story Writer.

Tylon One of the project leaders, Web Design, Image Design, Trigger, Terrain, Sound Designer.

Hero_Lief Image Design, Story Writer, Trigger, Terrain.

Grygon Terrain, Trigger.

HoloProject
[KICKED FROM THE TEAM]

Jafool Forum moderator and Sound designer

Bunch of Fans Anybody can become a fan

Financial Aspect

As we all know Blizzard will include an option to charge money for a Custom Made Map. However, LoaT will be a FREE multiplayer map! And if by any chance the game will get popular and very successful, we might create a PREMIUM versions of the map that includes various improvements and expansions.
All profits will be split between the project members based on their input!

About The Map

Life of a Terran is going to use the best ideas from the best games.

Life of a peasant: Huge open world with unique and different gameplay, depending on your class and side choice.

Kings and Knight: Working and playing for a king, having a boss. Dealing with superiors and subordinates.

Battleships: Endless upgrades and ability possibilities.

Monopoly 3D: All in real-time, buying and selling property, earning or losing money depending on your choices and game economy.

Call of Duty: Game transferable rankings, perks, rewards and levels. This is very important for the replayability. Every time a player replay the map, he will make progress. Trying to achieve an ultimate goal or a medal/achievement.

The map should be economy driven. Different events will have different impact on the economy/player income/prices , gameplay, difficulty.
The map will also be player triggered event driven.

Example:
A player could become a scientist and release a serious virus that will turn humans into zombies/zergs. Suddenly the gameplay changes into the survival map. Improving the pharmaceutical and weapon economy, but destroying all other sectors.
Successful player could gather enough resources to launch a nuke, destroying everything and ending the game, but earning an important achievement that would give him an advantage in the next game.

As a player you will be able to join one of the 5 sides:

-Law Enforcement
-Gangs
-Drug Business (harvesting crystal meth)
-Industry
-Just be a neutral citizen

Players who choose the industry will have a fat paycheck, but will have to deal (turf money /protection) with police and gangs.
Citizen, industry and police income will depend on the world economy. If the banks get robbed, a lot of drug dealers on the street, cops getting killed, the overall economy will be bad. If the town is upgrading, drug dealers are under control, properties are safe, economy will do well.
Citizen and industry will also have an option to evade taxes (bonus 30% on the income). That also will result in bad economy. The cops would be able to trace tax evasion, and arrest non tax paying player.

Last edited:
Level 22
All I can say is, I want this SC2 sooner, I wanna do a real modern/future cityscape map with those skyscrapers and roads in the images and not some stupid war3 interface haviung to turn all into another game, coz I already gave up doing that. Yes, this may make LOAP look like a pathetic crap, oh wait I dont know LOAP coz I dont play customs.

Level 9
Can you juggle 5 bowling balls while vaccuuming in a swimming pool that contains hydrochloric acid as you're being shot at while your house is on fire with a baby inside the oven heated to 550 degrees with 20 gallons of nitroglycerin ready to explode nearby 20 ft. away from the world's biggest house of cards using real diamonds for the diamonds and human hearts for hearts as Christ is making his second coming in the living room while the anti-Christ emerges from the bathroom during December 21st of 2012 while the world is ending?
CAN YOU?!

Level 10
Yeah, ive added your name to the 1st post.
As a qualification task for the storyline writer, can you write pre-history for the police chief and gang boss. Like how they got there, why they are there, what are they doing in the city. It can be everything, from a local town boy growing up and becoming a chief of police, trying to keep order in his town to a crazy conspiracy theory where the secret CIA agent goes undercover as a police chief, searching for the dead brother of jack bouwer who recovered nuclear activation code but was kidnapped on the boarder of Afghanistan.
The same goes for Darkness-4ever, its best if you guys work together.

Well, i usually am not good writing a story with somone. but i'll give it a go.

And also, is it ok if in the universe of mine, the world may not be earth? or things happened very differently?

Gordon Nguyen (real, common last name, Vitnamese)

Gordon grew up on a radical bio-dynamic farm (Google it), poor, and molested by gangs wanting to sbuy their produce at extremely low prices... they were one of the only remaining since the technological revolution. He had a troubled childhood, he had an absent, distant father. and his mother was usually covorting around. he had thirteen siblings by the time he was 15. The month after his birthday, the war got too close to home, and they were forced to move to a city. the parents became depressed, the father turned to alcohol and drugs, most fo the children aswell. the mother was killed by a gang. by the time Gordon was 19 his father ran most of the drug and crime operations in the city, and everyone thought that gordon would take his place. but he suprised his entire family, and the heads of all the cartels, by joining the police force. he joined because of what drugs, lawlessness and poverty had done to his family, and he vowed to end it.

(End-part one) -- (Part 2-Ascension) >

Level 10
Lookgs good, can u write it in a doc.
And if you can, use pics that u can find on google or something.
Visual eye candy always brings strength to a good story.
You are free to choose the planet or even alter the laws of physics a bit. As long as its original.
Maybe make Gordon half Protos half Terran (when we know that the both parents are Terrans, so the mother was having someone on the side, his father possibly not his real father)
Instead of being killing by a gang, maybe let her commit suicide after the she was raped and abused too many times by the friends of her husband.
Also, i am not buying how a drug abusing and alcoholic father could become the most successful drug dealer in the city. However, his older brother could be one, or somethings like that.
Or how a child from a broken family can join the police force that easily, let alone fight his way to the top ranks. You need a tweak there. (corruption, dirty deals, or maybe he is relocated to an abandoned and hopeless city, full of crime and corruption and nobody gives a damn)

Alternate ending could be that gordon kills his father with his bear hands, ripping out his eyes and dislocating every joint, while his 12 yo son is watching from a closed cage, forced to eat the remains and pray to god. getting traumatized. Growing up and becoming the most fucked up gangster in the city, overthrowing the local mafia boss, and becoming the ultimate leader of the "free world"

lol, acually let me explain, first aobut the mom, i could make that more nasty and gory, thats fine. about being half protoss, no... i don't think so. and part two chronicles how he rises to be top of the police force. also his father gets into the drug trade, because of the people he buys from, so i'll add som more depth, you must rememb that i wrote this from scratch in 5 mins. lol i'll do part to and edit v1. and about him ending up in the police. i did ot say he commited crimes... its as easy as signing a form and doing a test is it not?

Revised version:
Gordon Nguyen (real, common last name, Vitnamese)

Gordon Ngyen spen most of his 'childhood' on a radical bio-dynamic farm, poor, and molested by gangs wanting to buy their produce at extremely low prices... they were one of the only remaining since the technological revolution. He had a troubled childhood, he had an absent, distant father. and his mother was usually covorting around with otehr men. he had thirteen siblings by the time he was 15. The month after his birthday, the war got too close to home, and they were forced to move to the city. The parents became depressed, the father turned to alcohol and drugs, most of the children aswell. eventually, the father began to realize the amout of money he spent on drugs and thought he could utilize his skills as a farmer to grow drugs secretly and sell them... His mother, eventually commited sucicide, after being mentally destroyed by gangs and rapings... by the time Gordon was 19 his father ran most of the drug and crime operations in the city, his operation becomthing extremely profitable and lucrative. gordon never commited a crime, and spend his days wandering the city, looking for food scraps and work. but still, everyone thought that gordon would take his fathers place. but weeks before his father died, a wealthy family took him under their wing and cared for him. he realized what the world above was like, and what his father was doing to people, so one night, he came to his father, and brutally murdered him. setting light to the family residence and not only destroying the operation, but killing his entire family. except for one of his brothers... he returnd and shut the memory out. he knew he had did a terrible thing, but he forced himself to belive he was right... at twenty two, he manage to join the police. determined to make the world a better place, and to destroy people like his father.
End of part one.

Part 2

His brother, Soong survived, and although his fathers business had been crippled, he rebuilt, and became the head of the mafiya and drug dealers in the whole city, after years of rebuilding... He swore vengeance on his brother the night that he killed his family.... but thats another story....

Gordon quickly became a very useful asset to the police force, because of his knowlage of the drug dealing systems, and hideouts. he always kept the origin of the knowlage secret. but the time he was 33 he had become one of the most useful officers the police chief had. and eventually, at the age of 37 he became the head of police in the city. by them however, his brother Soong, was also the head of the mafiya and drug operations in the city, and there began an ultimate rivalry, and passion between the two to destroy each other.... (add more details later)

Level 3
I Learned GUI in 2 days, And mastered it, Or i'm near mastering it, In a week. I'll join the Team, And when the game is out i'll see which position to choose.

Level 10
Moderators are project leaders. But to be a project leader you'll have to excel in at least 3 or 4 areas. Example: Responsible for photoshop, triggers and story. Or Web design, forum/web promotion and terrain.
You also have to be committed to the project. At least once a day to check your mails, important topics, forums. And at least 1-2 a week to do a real work on a project.

Level 5
Hey i would like to be a part of this :) I'm good at terrain and triggers.

maybe for a story you could do a terrain you could do like marines at the terrain warfare academy? like you start out as a citizen and slowly become a marine to a tank driver,ghost,etc? just an idea

Level 4
Well you should count me in, i can either help for the terrain, make your pictures or images and also promote the map!!

Found this pretty interesting...but will they ever release the game -_-

Great, could be useful with another image designer, don't wanna do everything by myself. :p

We already have 4 terrain editors, might get a little confusing with even more. But what do I know, Pepper is the boss, and he seems to have more experience with group projects. So let's see what he says... If he's coming back, that is. He have been gone for a week or so now... :'(

EDIT: Oh, and here is the code for the banner I created: Link to code

Level 5
Why is my banner cut in half? and cool picture! but i hate cold -.- i love snow but hate cold. I wanna be able to snowboard with shorts on. haha

Level 4
Srr guys, i was on vacation for 8 days.
how sweet is that http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Anthogno/IMG_6665.jpg

Sweet banner, rlly nice job.
Ill be updating the thread shortly
It's nice to see that ur working on a website, tylon. We do have a small budget, but then the website has to bee rlly decent
Hell, it's about time.

Please tell us next time you go on a vacation, I seriously started believing that you had died. xD
Nice pic though.

Now when I know you're alive, I'll start working my ass off on the website, and will probably get it done today.

Oh, I see you've promoted me to a project leader. I was just going to ask you to. :p
I got VERY much time on my hands, so I think it was a good decision. If I wanted to, I could sit on this chair a whole week without anything getting in my way. :p

Welcome back.

Why is my banner cut in half?

Yup, as Pepper said. Or you could just put the banner beside the quote.

Level 5
Hell, it's about time.

Please tell us next time you go on a vacation, I seriously started believing that you had died. xD
Nice pic though.

Now when I know you're alive, I'll start working my ass off on the website, and will probably get it done today.

Oh, I see you've promoted me to a project leader. I was just going to ask you to. :p
I got VERY much time on my hands, so I think it was a good decision. If I wanted to, I could sit on this chair a whole week without anything getting in my way. :p

Welcome back.

Yup, as Pepper said. Or you could just put the banner beside the quote.

Nah its ok i just removed the qoute. gotta give more love to the banner

Level 10
Sweet, i saw what u did so far on the site by reducing the banner url. Looks good.
Now, i am pretty sure that Tylon will form the foundation of the clan, for everyone else, ull have to prove urself over time to become a permanent team member.
I am currently working on a ranking system. We will also have personal banners, based on your abilities and rang.

Level 5
Sweet, i saw what u did so far on the site by reducing the banner url. Looks good.
Now, i am pretty sure that Tylon will form the foundation of the clan, for everyone else, ull have to prove urself over time to become a permanent team member.
I am currently working on a ranking system. We will also have personal banners, based on your abilities and rang.

That's cool a ranking system. where would i be? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.