• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EPIC Tower Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The Hardest TD Map - EPIC Tower Defense v1.0 Beta

Download link:
http://epicwar.com/maps/19982/
or
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/6228

The world biggest, hardest and most complicated TD map you had ever seen.. Dare to play? (12unique towers)

Tactic: Find d best position,place d right tower to prevent 30waves of enemies from escaping through any of the Portals..

Map saved 6times

First, build any 15 towers. The waves will start when you have built 15 towers
attachment.php

Your builder has lots of abilities to kill the enemies too, use those abilities wisely
attachment.php

The enemy will spawn at the central portal, you cannot build your tower nearer to the portal because it will attack your tower. Your builder can "fly", when flying, the abilities will be totally different too
attachment.php

The enemy started spawning at the central portal
attachment.php

Combine all your towers and use them to attack the enemies!
attachment.php

Last edited:
Level 2
oh god! i tired the map. r u crazy? i dun think anyone could beat this map without cheat. its too hard!

Level 2
nope, i am not crazy. so far as i know, there are at least 100 ppl beaten this map without cheats.. hope u will be 1 of them hehe..

really?which difficulty did they choose? easy? lol! the easy version already killing me! i can only survive until level 15.

Level 6
alright its just so overwhelming and scary to play this by yourself. I just didn't know what to do and cried at 11 lives left and then just quit warcraft 3 forever. I may attempt this over Bnet now.

Sigh, no one said anything about only player blue getting gold... or did they?

Level 9
i see. i guess they are playing it alone, thats why they didn't notice about other players, thanks for reporting the bugs.

yeah the map is very hard to play. May i know what level did you stopped at? You tried the map at bnet?

Level 6
Okay, got done playing it on Bnet and it was fine for 32 minutes until i was forced to quit because the map was getting extremely laggy because of all the creeps in the middle. And i suggest making it so you can build somewhat closer to the portal because of this. And make it so you cant build towers to close to the center because of terrain, not because you will get attacked. The range of the portal is far to long. And i say it isn't hard enough, on Bnet anyway. Also to further this map to make it better, i suggest more interesting towers, seems repetitive, and also different creeps. The lag was the biggest downfall to playing this map.
The positive... Huge map, total zigzag madness, creeps go anywhere. Having to build firewall to get the other towers is a neat idea, but people dont like it. Having the builder able to fly, teleport, and having all those other abilities is also neat. The shops were a nice idea. Ummm.. i do like this map a lot, it could be quite more entertaining if it had more eye-candy =P.

I know i mentioned this above but i have a little more to say about it. Instead of making the portals attack if you are to close, use terrain to make it so you cannot build to close. And i suggest making it so you cannot build very close at all, especially the middle. And a nice feature to disable blackmask or fog of war would be nice :)

Hmm i have more to say. I realized i just screwd up the lag issue in my paragraph above. Somehow you just need to make it so the creeps dont just start stacking in masses in the middle after 32 or 25 minutes heh. If you can fix that, then make it so you cant build to close the middle at all, this would make it more interesting. To do this, use terrain to make it so you cant build close. Lets see what else... As i said before some more eye candy would make it more entertaining tot he eye, gets lame seeing masses of plain terrain everywhere but then again its a giant TD. So id say overall, Fix the creep spawn to fix lag issue, towers are fine just thought nicer looking ones would be nice haha, more unique looking creeps. umm builder features are fine, shop is good, ummm If i can think of anything more i will, I WILL, be back.

I think anything else needs to be in a new post -.- heh

Level 9
I see, thank you so much for the useful feedbacks. May i know how many players in the game? Sure, I will look into the lag problem.

Isn't hard enough? Actually there are some commands that can increase the difficulty of the game too, maybe you can try it. The commands are in the quests.

What kind of tower will u suggest? tower upgrade?

Ok, I will take your advice to make the unbuildable terrain near to those portals. I think by default, the black mask n fog of war is disabled rite?

Level 6
yes the black mask and fog are disabled in the beginning. And the make harder features in the game, bleh, more! But it was fun to watch people download the map, which is nice its actually a fast download, and see peoples reaction at the minimap picture. "HOLY SHIT", "THAT IS EPIC", just some responses from people heh. And i had a full house in the beginning but a majority left fairly fast, could have been server split maybe. But there were 4 people i think int he end and it was fairly easy. After a while i they may have gotten bored with it.
And removing the towers from the game that belong to people that have left would be nice, since the maximum tower limit. I found myself running around building towers to kill them lol. Umm what else did you say... *creates new tab* oh yes towers. well, hmm Really its more so the fact im not a fan of the models you used for certain towers. Like illidan for the chaos tower, id rather see a cannon tower shooting cannon balls, but thats just me i like the classic looks better. Really the towers are fine, but maybe a more unique variety. Not sure how id go about it, maybe its just the way they look again heh. Good stuff though.

Level 9
Oh I see, actually I just trying to make the look unique so that it won't look the same as the classic style. ok, I will change the look of those towers.

Ok, I will remove towers for those who left coz I didn't even notice about this bugs haha. thanks for that.

Actually I don't make more varieties of creeps because it takes time to create those creeps and also will increase the file size of the map.

Level 9
haha, i see. Anyway, I think I won't do the creep variety first. I will fix the lag problem, tower model, terrain near to portal and player left issue first and then release new version soon. Hopefully it can be done in few hours time. I think for the model, I will change the look of Chaos Tower (Illidan model) and Stunner Tower (Blademaster model), other tower I think I will still remain their current models.

Level 6
Alright, just got done with it again on Bnet. And i sure do get a lot of leavers. They dont like how complex it is i guess, though its not very complex. I guess they just cant appreciate something so different, and the fact this tower map keeps you working. Though there is one feature i hate, how towers randomly get attacked by the gods i am assuming lol. I dont like it. And it is much harder now hehe only got to level 17 this time. I think its about finished.

Level 9
haha, i see. then I will put a command to disable tower control in next version.

oh, not yet finish, the total level is 30. how many players in the game? Is it still lagging?

ya, its harder now. with the increase number of players, the total life is fewer.. but the total creeps are still the same no matter how many players in the game. i released new version that fast because I just created a maximum limit for number of creeps, which is 100. Thats all. hehe..

Status
Not open for further replies.