• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
1 of Oldest versions of Meat 3
Even don't know why i love this screenshot ......
weather effects + cityscape + small army = awesome pic..
attachment.php

[/url]

Level 7
I'm learning to terrain nature, I'll post one when I have the time, but here's my map, which is terrained with cityscape and are hosted here.

There are traps that spawns fire from those 8 black spots with purple around them, that makes it look better in-game.

Level 22
Here are screenies I use in my campaign and my map 'The king of Kuhm'ra' (The first 2)
(the first 2 of these are also at the art section, but no1 ever looks there 8) )

screenshotii3df.jpg

screenshoti3dk.jpg

taohchapterii1pr.jpg

strahnbraddetailed4cw.jpg

dalaran4em.jpg

I also have a question. How to remove the air that appears if u have a camera angle where u can c very far (In editor Ctrl and scroll back)

Level 7
You can make random terrain, destructables and such, but it'll never be as good as VG's terrain. In fact, it'll suck more that my terrain in most cases.

Level 22
VampireKB said:
Sorry if i missunderstood,but at WE "black mask" may be healed by holding ctrl button and make scrolling up\down at mouse

ctrl+scroll up > more view
ctrl+scroll down > less view

Yes, I know. I mean the in game 'blackmask' or air box

VGsatomi said:
woah.... :shock:

Now thats some creative use of doodads...

As far as I know, the skybox only messes up if you zoom out to far while in the world editor. Actually in-game I don't believe it messes up. Only realy alternative in world editor is maybe angle the camera enouph to you cant see the sky.
-VGsatomi

Thnx, its nice that an admin pro mapmaker and terrainer likes my work :)

and thxn for the answer

Here a screenshot from the same map of the blurry screenie:

river5pn.jpg

Level 7
My most recent (but not my best) terrain, I just did it while speaking about terrain with (/recieving terraining tips from) Mc !

It won't ever be used for anything I think, it's just a furbolg at a lake in a forest with a snowy mountain in the background, it's raining on one of them, and why am I writing this when you could see it if you just clicked at them?

Level 22
I like mthe screenie with the now on the background (Its almost as good as my terrain :twisted: )

U should add a white or green fog

It won't ever be used for anything I think, it's just a furbolg at a lake in a forest with a snowy mountain in the background, it's raining on one of them, and why am I writing this when you could see it if you just clicked at them?

Hmmm.. yes :p

Level 4
Hello evryone , im new to the site , and id like to show some off my work (I never finsih anything :x )

004resized0wo.png

Some house i build from doodads
002resized3yu.png

a cannon on a city wall, also made from doodads
006resized0iz.png

A building made out of different Undead things :)

Level 4
Hello evryone , im new to the site , and id like to show some off my work (I never finsih anything :x )

004resized0wo.png

Some house i build from doodads
002resized3yu.png

a cannon on a city wall, also made from doodads
006resized0iz.png

A building made out of different Undead things :)

Level 9
if i was a noob, i would say ramza your the best 1337 haxxor in the VV3

but since im not ill saying 9999999999999999999999999/5 to ramza since he always did have skill and his terraining is better then blizzard IMO there that good they actualy look like custom modles 8)

Level 3
waterfalloftehbeautey4ax.jpg

Fear teh beautey of teh waterfall! My remake of my old waterfall, which was better = /

Anyways, it's still good. It demonstrates my goodness in nature, though I am not that great at cities.

One side is without waterfalls, the other is with, and the bottom is a demonstration of river skills.

Level 22
I dont like it very much, cuz:
the cliff plants and cattail arent placed well. u should make some clusters of those plants to, not only individual on every spot.
And the rocks dont fit with the terrain (maybe u should use another colour of rocks or sumthing).

Maybe u could also change the water and waterfall colour to make it better.

Level 3
Only Blizzard puts doodads in clusters everywhere.

Perhaps I'm the only sensible person here. It's not like you go on a cliff and see a small vine and a little rock...

It's not like you go to a river and see one little lily pad...

I mass doodads, and if my old waterfall was here, then perhaps you would be more impressed.

Ramza, you are trying to compete, and I say that you are close to winning.

You have not won yet.

Level 3
glowcave2pl.jpg

Glow Cave.

2 player map for the upcoming, Creep Battles. Now that I'm done the map, I will make all the races. This will be the biggest map. After that, the map will be copied and made into other maps.

Maybe it stinks to you Ramza, Great G, but to all my friends, they say it's awesome.

And I agree with the waterfall. I like the other side but the non-cascade side looks dull.

Sorry about the previous post! :)

Level 22
Ramza, you are trying to compete, and I say that you are close to winning.

You have not won yet.

Winning from who? Blizzard? you?

And I agree with the waterfall. I like the other side but the non-cascade side looks dull.

Sorry about the previous post! :)

8) np

PS: VG, how do u make those crystals giving so much glow? Or is that normal?

Level 3
Well before I post, heres a few things to know about me...

I suck at taking screenshots so I am mostly going to leave it near game view and click, and I like to shake what daddy blizz gave us and don't like using custom doodad models. Other than that, the only thing to know is that these are just 3 of the maps i'm working on and the only one actually released is the 2nd age one. The terrain prob. won't blow you away because they are large maps and are meant to be playably smooth so I try not to overdue it. Look forward to your critcism!! :D

A 1st Age map I am working on...

Himring
Himring.jpg

Barad Eithel
BaradEithel.jpg

Nargothrond
Nargothrond.jpg

Gondolin
Gondolin.jpg

The Fall of Gondolin map I am working on...

A large square...
FoGCityHall.jpg

An irrigation system...
FoGIrrigation.jpg

Part of the main city...
FoGMainCity.jpg

The 2nd Age map...

Part of Lorien...
2ndAgeLorien.jpg

Part of Lindon...
2ndAgeLindon.jpg

Osgiliath (Work in Progress, but it was capital of Gondor at this time)...
2ndAgeOsgiliath.jpg

Annumias (Capital of Men)
2ndAgeAnnumias.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.