• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When Servers Collide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, duplicits and the same hero twice are differnt.

Duplicits: Player 1 has shados and player 2 has shados, too.
Same hero twice: Player one has shados. Then he gets shados again.

If both those are fixed it should be fine w/o picking.

That's what we're trying to do. If you have a suggestion on how to do that it would be much appreciated.

Level 34
If you want more people...

Name: Gilles.
Unit: Troll warlord I think. The Green troll with armor.
Icon: Any troll icon.
Skill: Appear Offline. (Windwalk) If it's possible you could make it so that when Gilles attacks a hero, only that hero can see him, just like Appear Offline works for MSN. I don't see how you could trigger that though.

Please include me. I'm working on a map called Triangle of power. Idea Factory. Title: Genre ? FFA/Team

Hey, stop whining. Why should Pyritie or DeskaladA even consider adding you, a user who has less than 50 rep, less than 50 posts and who joined this month, to a map that contains the well know people of the Hive or wc3c ?
Please stop whining and saying that you're important. You're aren't. Resign with it and let the mapper team in peace. And don't dare to say that I'm wrong with it or start crying by saying that you are important without even showing a freaking prove that you are. Period.

BTW, Pyritie, Werewulf allowed me to use one of her great icons.
I would like to use this icon:

BTNDragonport2.jpg

I hope it's okay for you if somebody is running through the map as a dragon too.

If you want more people...

Name: Gilles.
Unit: Troll warlord I think. The Green troll with armor.
Icon: Any troll icon.
Skill: Appear Offline. (Windwalk) If it's possible you could make it so that when Gilles attacks a hero, only that hero can see him, just like Appear Offline works for MSN. I don't see how you could trigger that though.

brad.dude03 already is using the Forest Troll Warlord model/icon, and Samuraid already has a windwalk-based spell. :p

BTW, Pyritie, Werewulf allowed me to use one of her great icons.
I would like to use this icon:

BTNDragonport2.jpg

I hope it's okay for you if somebody is running through the map as a dragon too.
This is using your draconian, correct?

Level 34
Okay...

Model: Wildkin (No tinting please!)

Spell: Chance to increase attack speed by 200% (if 200 looks lame go with 100) on hit for 10 seconds or four hits!?!

Some issues I've found.
- Kaitech's poison thingy spell is overpowered. I kills target hero instead of poisoning it.
- The AI of Dan van Ohllus does not use his spell.
- Volcano mini-game: Looks more like the volcano avoids to damage victims. I tried to go suicide, but the volcano seems to move it's projectiles away from the orbs.

Some suggestions:
- brad.dude03 can always use a Troll Headhunter or a Troll Witchdoctor if Gilles want a Forest Troll Warlord.
- I think you should replace the custom orbs with in-game Wisps instead to reduce the map filesize a bit, or use one of my gem models at wc3c.

GreyArchon said:
Dont forget there's Ogres with just 1 head, too.

Yes, but besides the amount of heads, they're very much a like.

Some issues I've found.
- Kaitech's poison thingy spell is overpowered. I kills target hero instead of poisoning it.
Already fixed.
- The AI of Dan van Ohllus does not use his spell.
The AI of lots of users don't use their spell.
- Volcano mini-game: Looks more like the volcano avoids to damage victims. I tried to go suicide, but the volcano seems to move it's projectiles away from the orbs.
It's just moving to random rects every 1 second.

- I think you should replace the custom orbs with in-game Wisps instead to reduce the map filesize a bit, or use one of my gem models at wc3c.
Those gems don't really work, and the orbs don't take up much filesize. Besides, the main things that are taking up space are the UI and several custom heroes.

Level 8
Ok I have some questions. (These come from the paired mapping contest version so they might be nulled.)

1. What are those bases in the South West, and North East Corners for?
2. Why do a few turrets leave circles of power behind when killed?
3. I find it strange that the units that are playable are heros yet they can't level up nor gain an ability like an hero.
4. Where do I put the server upgrades? (Or were they supposed to happen as soon as you bought them.)

1) Those are where the "banboxes" will be. Banboxes contain the banned users from each site, destroy the turrets guarding it and they will begin to attack their captor's server. They cannot be controlled, however.
2) They do? Well we were planning to make it so when you make your user walk on a circle of power they'd take control of that turret (as if you garrisoned your user in it) but that idea was scrapped. Too confusing.
3) They're mainly heroes because you can do more things with a hero than a unit. It's mainly a trigger thing. And also because it shows that the named users are stronger than the generics.
4) They don't work yet. You're supposed to buy the upgrades (and the item gets removed), but we haven't gotten around to that part yet.

Level 13
Hey there,
if you still got some space left in your map, you may put a MoCo char on your character-inclusion-list. I'd be very happy :)

He should use the Admiral Proudmore model (if possible with a pirate or ghost-pirate skin).

Ability: Get drunk (the Hero get's drunk, heavily influencing his physical abilities. When drunk, the hero has a 30% chance to miss on his attacks but also a 30% chance, to avoid enemy attacks. Every successful attack of the hero has a 30% chance to make an enemy unit drunk as well.)

Thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Lol I delighbertly made it insane.

Well I am thinking of changing it into a more simple aura but this requires ALL spells to deal magic damage to work.

What it does is add to all allies in the area the ability night elf archers have to reduce magic damage (or the one item ability) but set to 200% reduction (all magic damage heals). You then make one for the enemies but set to -100% reduction so that they take twice as much damage from spells. You then make an aura system that adds them to all allied units in the area. On top of that you can then add a system that simply recasts spells back at enemies that start an effect of an ability within X of my guy.

That should be a lot easier than making 100 exceptions odd and all it really needs is an aura system which can easilly be done via the enter / leave X trigger event. JASS needed ofcourse.

A bunch of screenshots.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_011608_153905_01 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_011608_153905_01 copy.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 174
  • WC3ScrnShot_011608_153926_02 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_011608_153926_02 copy.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 161
  • WC3ScrnShot_011608_153931_03 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_011608_153931_03 copy.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 175
  • WC3ScrnShot_011608_154009_04 copy.jpg