• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Daily Peon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
image.php

A year ago a small inactive group with no purpose was created, called The Daily Peon, for the sole purpose of being an advertisement of its creator's project. However he eventually forgot about it. During its original activity a user named Trolman, created pictures of his terrains, with stories in descriptions. Eventually I came along and came to enjoy the idea, so I made them too. We began to make pics on each other's behalf about different humoristic stories and eventually it evolved into a story of our own, based in Warcraft III universe. Soon I had made a comic called Hunt for Tleno, which has drastically increased the interest of people in DP, attracting many new players and the war Trolman declared on me, was the push DP needed to become an active, thriving roleplay. Since then the roleplay has expanded from a small non-existing peninsula in Lordaeron, to all of Azeroth, as well as Outland, Draenosh(planet created from shards of Draenor) and Argus. Will you dare to take the challenge and step into the familiar, but completely new universe and establish yourself, either as a thriving nation, or as a dark warlord?

Description
Daily Peon unlike most roleplays, uses WCIII terrain pictures with added descriptions to show the happening things. Most pics are usually given description by peons. Each player has his own peon, usually with a name, who reports the event in the Daily Peon newspaper that actually exists in the Daily Peon universe. However some pics can be made without any observers.
Also, the players are required to have a force or get it soon after they begin playing. But you should have a main character, preferably your roleplay personification.

Screnshots
160705-albums1970-picture28054.jpg

153782-albums3337-picture31996.png

160705-albums1970-picture30049.jpg

152252-albums2754-picture38811.jpg

160705-albums1970-picture35279.png

158487-albums2392-picture34416.jpg

158487-albums2392-picture34091.jpg

153782-albums3337-picture33572.png

158487-albums2392-picture28221.jpg

Recruitment

To join you need to be able to make decent terrains, be active and try to blend in with the community. And do not break the Rules.

The Rules
1.You cannot break or change Warcraft lore b.D.P(Before Daily Peon).
2.You cannot control the other player's forces unless you have an agreement. You can control small parts of other player's forces for storyline
3.Creating something that is completely alien to Warcraft and DP universe is prohibited
4.Neutral forces can be controlled by players regardless if they are influenced or not by other players
5.You may only use WCIII terrains, terrains from other games or something made completely in paint or something like that is not acceptable
6.Terrain pictures are the only true way of showing something you did in DP
7.You may not create new worlds without agreement from other players
8.Technological level cannot be higher then in WCIII! Using magical analogues is prohibited
9.Hippie lore is prohibited in DP!
10.Always use your common sence.

Other
You can check Daily Peon pics in my profile albums, as well as two of the DP comics. Note, Hunt for Tleno, should not be fully considered canon.
Even though DP used to be humouristic, now it is much more serious, so we expected your forces and actions to fit your role.

Level 9
Vereh interesting Al, and I'm happy to see that you included the Dreamland Ziggurat where a certain alcoholic Darkspawn plotted to kill Calliope!

I'm still interested in joining this little shindig, but as I said, my terrain posts would not be very frequent.

Level 27
Vereh interesting Al, and I'm happy to see that you included the Dreamland Ziggurat where a certain alcoholic Darkspawn plotted to kill Calliope!

I'm still interested in joining this little shindig, but as I said, my terrain posts would not be very frequent.

Between my previous terrain and terrain before it there were two months. Now I might take one more week just to post one more terrain.
So see, if you're a good roleplayer with at least some kind of average avtivity on THW and DP group, you won't get kicked out.

EDIT: Hey you got my terrain too! Cool!

Level 9
Dude, I can't even access my WCIII computer at all pretty much, so terrains are pretty much almost completely out of the question at this point.. sorreh guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.