• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Push Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey.

I'm requesting something pretty simple. I need this for a boss event and I don't seem to find a way to do it. The player has X amount of units, and there's a wisp. The player can move the wisp by pushing it with units.

The code should be made with GUI so that I can edit it further.

Rep and credits for the maker.

Test map attached.

Attachments

• MOVE BALL.w3m
    15.6 KB · Views: 53
Level 25
Here's a simple method:
Give all units Permanent Immolation, and set its targets to only target he ball (make it mechanical or something)
Then for the trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - Ball takes damage
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set angle = angle between (position of (damage source)) and (position of (ball))
    • Unit - move ball instantly to (position of (ball)) offset by 10 towards angle

Level 37
Destination is like I told in the fifth post: "The idea is that there are two wisps which you must push to close to each other and then they'll merge."

But of course that I can do. I just want the push trigger, I think I can do everything else.

And once again: I want it that when you put a unit near to wisp it starts to move.

Level 2
I can confirm that ruler's proposed system will work. Also it's probably one of the easier systems to trigger and can easily be done in GUI. Giving the wisps high regeneration will make it appear as if they weren't taking damage.

Level 37
Yes yes, I know it will work but I don't want it to work that way.

What I want is that when player's unit comes close to the wisp it will move. I think that way is better and simpler, as player don't need to attack anything.

However, if there are more than 1 unit then... Perhaps the wisp doesn't move at all? And if there's pathing it won't go over it.

Level 5
Aero, ruler's idea does exactly what you are asking, you don't have to manually attack to ball, thus the passive immolation spell on your units he was talking about.

Level 25
Yes, but the campaign doesn't work that way. There are some things...

Isn't there another way?

There are many other ways, but this one is really simple and quick to make. I suggest you stop trying to argue about it, and just try it for yourself.

You can further make it look better by removing the art from the permanent immolation effect.

Please, explain what is preventing you from using this method? Is there some damage system conflicting somehow?

Level 37
Heyyyy,

I'm having really hard time choosing which one I'll actually use. Both of your works are excellent and does the job. At the beginning I was requesting what ThisPOT made, but defskull's creation is so awesome I'm now also thinking to use it. But maybe I'll use ThisPOT's because, argh. This is too hard.

Anyway. Thanks so much guys for the help. Rep and credits well deserved. Also thanks to rulerofiron99 and the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.