• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Square Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I would like a square aura. I would like it to be orange, if not possible then yellow.

The aura is meant to be a slowing aura, so any effects that come to mind as an addition are welcomed.

Nothing too serious, though i won't reject your hard work if you want to put it in.

Level 10
Assuming you meant a spell and not a model, this trigger will add units within a square region with select size around a unit of your choice to a unit group and slow them by half. It will also default the movement speed of units leaving the aura.

• Events
    • Time - Every 0.25 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set aura_unit = (Picked unit)
    • Set aura_center = (Position of aura_unit)
    • Set aura_region = (Region centered at aura_center with size (width, height))
    • Set aura_victims = (Units in aura_region)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in aura_victims and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Picked unit) Not equal to aura_unit
            • (aura_region contains (Picked unit)) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to ((Default movement speed of (Picked unit)) / 2.00)
          • Else - Actions
            • Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Picked unit))
            • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from aura_victims
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_aura_center)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_aura_victims)
But seeing as you specified a colour (among other things), you probably wanted a model (though I found it amusing the idea that an orange aura may not be possible :xxd:)

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

No I meant a model. I want an aura that is square model, with color of orange/yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.