• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rifleman Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm making an Azeroth Wars type map for those of you who don't know (the pictures can be found in one of my albums) and one of the factions is the Dwarves of course, the only problem is that for the amount of Rifleman-esque units I only have one model of Rifleman. So my request is for someone to take the Rifleman and change a few things about him to make him look different. I want the model to be a unit and have visible team-colours.

I'm not going to tell you exactly what to change but I have a few suggestions:
Head (Mountain King, custom, Paladin, or any bearded unit)
Animations (Probably one of the most distinct things about the Rifleman is his Animations and so changing these would probably make a big difference.)
Gun (Self-explanatory)
Textures (This could work)

These are all I can think of and please try to keep the filesize as low as possible.

Last edited:
Level 29
"Gun self-explainatory" no it isnt. Do you want the same old blunderbuss, or a scoped rifle, or a double-barreled shotgun, or a handcannon with pavise shield to support ?
"Textures (This could work)" Probably 'This' in there was supposed to be a link that is not working.
Actually, what do you want as his body, full battle-plate combat rifleman, or steampunk armored, or leather armored ?

I was listing things to change.

Gun, change his gun. Hence, how it's self-explanatory but I'm not going to tell you what gun just as long as it's different but you don't need to change it.
And no the texture part was not meant to link, I was meaning that if you changed the textures of his chest, arms or whatever then that would probably make him look a lot different.

I want it to fit into the map which is an Azeroth Wars type so Steampunk wouldn't work.
Also I think sticking to leather would be the best.

The basis of my request is a rifleman variant, like how we have hundreds of Footmen variants, except a Rifleman.

I did give a list. I gave a list of things for whoever could take up this request to change, I didn't tell them how to change it but I did suggest what to change. I can't make my request anymore specific, unless you want me to say exactly what to change and what to change it to.

A different looking rifleman sums it up and the OP explains it.

If it helps I'm planning on using the model for Brann Bronzebeard and maybe two or more other units.

This is exactly what should be done if you wanted the model to be created as quickly as possible. Creative process takes way more time compared to the actual editing.

I want people to be inventive, I don't have a definite idea of what I want but I have given suggestions and even said what I'm going to use the model for. I don't care how quickly it will be done or how long the process takes but I do need the model.

On a side note are any of you actually going to take up the request or are you just commenting for the sake of it?

Level 14
Alright, I've tried made 4 basic geomerged rifleman variations with the following head:
- 1 Paladin
- 1 Gyrocopter
- 2 Mortar Team

attachment.php

Hmm, if I can, or andreariona finishes with the head, I could tweak the rifle of the rifleman or his arms so there can be a difference, but I don't know if I can do it.
Then I'll leave the rifle variations to you. ^^

Attachments

• Rifleman Pack-Geomerged.rar
    192 KB · Views: 65
  • GeomergedHead2.jpg
    GeomergedHead2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.