• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model (Small)] - Tiki Torch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
BOOM-Shakalaka!

Welcome! I am looking for a simple little model: A "Tiki Torch".

Basically
59511_luau_tiki_torch.jpg
but shorter (hand-held) modelled to look like this
Inv_torch_lit.png
(or this
Inv_torch_unlit.png
, and ultimately this
inv_torch_thrown.png
).

This is meant to be an Attachment (though if it turns out nicely I'd love an accompanying Missile), and for reference, feel free to position it for jigrael's excellent Troll Ravager... For no particular reason. :p)

The biggest parts about this (and why I can't use the existing Doodad torch) are the size of the head (wide-mouth, lots of fire :p), the texture (in-game if at all possible, though since I might be using the above as an icon, you could use that...), and the size/shape of the torch (thicker, stubbier, hand-held for swiping).

Thanks!

Attachments

• JT - Ravager Torches.png
    JT - Ravager Torches.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 247

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
So you mean, a torch with a blade, like the third icon, and how long is it anyway
Um... Sounds cool, but no? I don't see the blade. All 3 icons (and linked google image, and MSPaint-image) show just torches. Are you talking about the "whooshie air effects" of the third one (which is "Torch Thrown")?

And as stated in the OP, it's meant to be handheld (rather than full-caster-staff-length); see MSPaint image for a rough image (& imagine "hand-held and throwable").

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Holy cow this forum goes fast... Already half-way down the page, and with only 1 poster.

Well, if it helps, I recently found this model (a wooden club) that could be used as an excellent base, if you're not all that hot into making it from scratch & instead prefer to model edit (get his permission first, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.