• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invisible Impale model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Simple edit in magos - I just set the material alpha to 0.

Attachments

• ImpaleHitTargetInvisible.mdx
    5.8 KB · Views: 91
  • implalle.jpg
    implalle.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 203
Level 25
Attached removes the blood splat etc. The rest of the effects you can remove on the spell itself.

As for the different heights, that's something you could play around with yourself:
1. Get magos war 3 model editor
2. Open the model
3. Window -> Node Manager
4. Right click "Bone dummy move" and select edit node
5. Click Translation
6. Play with the numbers

Attachments

• ImpaleHitTargetInvisibleNoFX.mdx
    3.8 KB · Views: 105
Level 6
Attached removes the blood splat etc. The rest of the effects you can remove on the spell itself.

As for the different heights, that's something you could play around with yourself:
1. Get magos war 3 model editor
2. Open the model
3. Window -> Node Manager
4. Right click "Bone dummy move" and select edit node
5. Click Translation
6. Play with the numbers

sir, can u check ur personal message? thx

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Lol, I need this exact thing a little while ago for a "Hand Cannon" ability I was toying with; single-target explosion-in-face that would launch the enemy up. Thought I was sooooo clever. : )

The "sucking underground" thing sounds cool, but I wonder if A) it would work and B) if the user could even really see it/tell.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
That's the thing, it's not "Impale" the ability, per se. It's the SFX behind it, the "model" that is actually just an attachment point in motion.

Actually, I've thought about doing this for other "abilities" like this; take Cyclone for instance (Druid of the Claw spell); it grabs a unit & spins them in the air. Simply move the vertices of the attachment point down to the ground & you have a whirlpool! At least, I think it should work.

That's the thing, it's not "Impale" the ability, per se. It's the SFX behind it, the "model" that is actually just an attachment point in motion.

Actually, I've thought about doing this for other "abilities" like this; take Cyclone for instance (Druid of the Claw spell); it grabs a unit & spins them in the air. Simply move the vertices of the attachment point down to the ground & you have a whirlpool! At least, I think it should work.

Actually it is impale xD, well Ive tried with triggers but doesnt work. If someone can make a reverse impale it would be awesome, specially for making an ability like noob saibot to go underground and appear from the ground going up *w*... I wanted to do that with the Avatar of Vengeance on my duel of gods so to make a different kind of blink ability while on vengeance but.. well.. I cant :C

Status
Not open for further replies.