• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Medieval Life (RPG / RTS)

Project Information:

Name of project​
Medieval Life​
Project Version​
Beta 1​
Project Genre​
RPG / RTS​
Status​
Started​
Current development​
Gathering ideas, founding a team and such..​
Team​
Credits​
eleljrk, -Peper-, EternalWow2010, Lightskin, chilla_killa, Diehard@Azeroth, JargalHurts...
Anachron, Sunchips, Mr. Bob, Dionesiist, Kitabatake, Vermillion Edict, Goolygot, ikillforeyou, Rondo, Forgotten_Warlord, dansaDisco, tee.dubs, Zanekok, Diehard@Azeroth, Vexorian, UnholyDobry, Soul Theft, kola, Tonberry, Scythy Dervish, Amigurumi, debode, paladinjst, Thrikodius, MistAssass, ZIR, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, Fan, olofmoleman, Gar'nogal​
Development Thread

Project Tasks:

(Available Tasks: Green / Unavailable Tasks: Red)

Terrain Designers
Triggering
Creating Units
Creating Buildings
Creating Items
Creating Spells / Abilities
Beta Testers
Add eleljrk as friend in Northrend
Feedback & Ideas
Music Editors
Story
2D Artists
3D Artists
You are of the human race. No other races will be available in the first version of the game.​
You can only be one kind of human, at least for the first version. There may come some "types" of humans that you as player can chose to be at the game start.
[Viking, Chinese, British, Greek..]​
All the villagers will use same models, even with different jobs. The map will contain many attachment models which will be used on the villagers to make them more unique.. However, males and females will not use same models. Either will babies, children and adults do. So there will be some different models in the map.​
All players will have one hero. They chose if it should be a male or female in the game start. You can customize your hero with attachments. This hero will have some spells that can be teach trough level. Some will be introduced at game start. The hero is also the only unit in the game that can build, but actually his useless without villagers with the job "Builder". The hero can only build foundations, after that the builders has construct the buildings that's going to be on the foundation.​
You can build many towns, not only one. These towns can either have a full size community or just be a military outpost. These towns will be self-expanding as long you got all the requirements for a town. If you do something wrong, you can kill all your villagers.​
You're not alone in the game. As much as eight other players will be playing with you! That means a full house is nine players! That's pretty much in my opinion!​
Enemies

You can fight against the other players, but there are other dangers lurking in the grass. There are as much as three different enemies around in the map. These enemies may sound weird, but their well thought out.

Dinosaurs
The humans in year 5152 has finally created a time portal. As they test it out, they create a uncontrollable room in time.. They rewrite the history as they move the dinosaurs over to the Medieval Age. Now the dinosaurs are confused and angry, as they lost their own homes. They rage at the humans and the other creatures in the Medieval Age. It's your task to win over the Dinosaurs so that the scientists in 5152 can create this time portal in the future.
Aliens
The creatures from space has finally found a planet with life. They are so excited to kill the life on the planet as they fly towards it. They'll soon crash into the surface of the earth. They've never flied in so strong gravity as the earth got. Many dies as they crash and just the strongest survives. Everything they had is destroyed, they're just left with a lot of metal and what they can find on earth. They'll have to create new weapons.. You have to stop them before they create a Nuclear Bomb and destroy the earth!
Animals
The animals was very peaceful. That time has passed as the humans begins to build where the animals has lived in many generations! They are now PISSED OFF! You'll better slaughter then being slaughtered, so defend yourself against the mad animals.
The humans has never been friends with everyone! Every player can create alliances and make peace with each other. If peace don't work for you, just declare war! Chose your side in the epic battle!​
You can no longer just hit a button and train a unit. As a children become a adult, that adult will chose his own job and create a family. There are some jobs only for females and some only for males.​
Villager Information:

Every human have a set life time. Only the hero will last forever!

A villagers life time:

Baby (Last 40 seconds)​
Child (Last one minute)​
Adult (Last five minutes)​
At game start every player got one hero and a beginner town. The beginner town got 4 villagers, two males and two females. These villagers got the following jobs: Builder, Farmer, Lumberjack and Gold Miner. You will also have a castle, two houses, a school and a shop. This is the beginning of your empire. This little town could also last forever as it got the requirements for a living.​
You can't control your own villagers. You can only control and use your hero and buildings. This makes the game much easier since you may get hundreds of villagers.​
The babies are just a blind time for the humans, but when they become children it becomes more serious. If the child don't get a spot at a school it simply dies as it becomes an adult. That's why it's important to create schools!​
When a child become an adult, the life of the person really begins. He / she finds a job, a partner and a house. If a person don't have a job or house, the person will die instantly as it becomes a adult. The only thing a person isn't required to have as it becomes a adult is a partner, but all people in your empire will have a partner in it's life time..​
As the founder of the empire, you have to make sure everybody got work, house, school and even more! If you don't expand the city, the population would not keep expanding.​
The hero can create foundations, but to build constructions on the foundations you need Builders. The more builders available, the better and faster can the construction be built.​
All adults can in fact have unlimited numbers of children. The only limitation is the house. Every house can only contain a certain number of people at the same time.
Example: If the house can contain three persons, it's for two adults and a child. This means the parents can get three persons every five minutes. That's a maximum. This number will increase as you add one size to the house. A house for five will be able to produce nine persons every five minutes!​
Jobs:

Research & Technology

Scientist

Sex: Male & Female
Office: Research Center
Description: Uses the human mind to research new technology used for equipments and buildings.
Alchemist

Office: Laboratory
Description: Uses the human mind to research new technology used for consumables and weapons.
Building & Sale

Builder

Office: Construction Office
Description: Uses the human body to build constructions.
Blacksmith

Office: Blacksmith
Description: Uses the human body to create equipment.
Gather Resources

Gold miner

Office: Goldmine
Description: Uses the human body to obtain and collect gold.
Lumberjack

Office: Forestry
Description: Uses the human body to obtain and collect lumber.
Stonemason

Office: Stone Cave
Description: Uses the human body to obtain and collect stone.
Hunter

Office: Slaughter House
Description: Uses the human mind and body to hunt and track animals to obtain food.
Farmer

Office: Farm
Description: Uses the human body to obtain food.
Fisher

Office: Fishery
Description: Uses the human body and patient to obtain food.
Transport & Travlers

Sailor

Office: Port
Description: Uses the human body and mind to sail a ship for transport.
Rider

Office: Stable
Description: Uses the human body and mind to ride a horse for transport.
Business Manager

Office: Shop
Description: Uses the human mind to sell stuff.
Survival

Soldier

Sex: Male
Office: Military Camp
Description: Uses the human body and mind to fight against enemy units.
Nurse

Sex: Female
Office: Hospital
Description: Uses the human mind and consumables to heal and cure sickness.
Doctor

Office: Hospital
Description: Uses the human body and mind to repair human bodies.

Development Thread

Last edited:
Level 9
Other tasks that are not required, but would be nice to have.
  • Model Creator
  • Music Creator
  • Feedback & Ideas
  • Map Testers

Maybe you got something that's not listed, but you want to do for us! Just post a replay or send a PM if you are interested. Not-listed tasks will be considered.

Level 11
WEW,what a read lol.Well,sounds like you got a pretty big idea here man.Sounds REALLY intresting (the REALLY was not sarcasm).I'd like to apply for Terrain Designer,Item creator,Building creator Ability creator (If I have to do a trigger'd spell give me an easy one).Again,this is really interesting,even if I don't get accepted into this project I will FOR SURE be playing this when its released!

Level 13
i have some iteas for jobs
# Blacksmith
# Lumberjack
# Gold miner
# Military Unit
# Traveler
# Trader
# Stonemason
# Builder
# Teacher
# Office Worker
# Hunter
# Farmer
# Fisher
# Sailor
# King
# Mage
# Thief
# Bandit
# Priest
# Hunter
# Fisherman
# Queen
# Wizard
# Militia
# Paladin
# Cultist
# Alchemist
# Carpenter
# Brawler
# Organizator
# Messager
# Knight
# Decorator

Level 9
EternalWow2010, Most of those units are "Military Units".. Thought, you gave me a idea..! You can add spells that will come along with the weapon.. ;) These sounds ok: Thief, Alchemist, Organizer (Commander?).. Other I got from wc3c: Scientist.

Assassins-Creed, Yessir.. I'm not into other peoples type of triggering.. I got a long experience anyway, so no worries.. (Will also use a lot of systems and MiscData.txt to make everything from Terrain to Triggering easier..!)

Level 9
The kind of spells I'm thinking of isn't that much work.. More like digging holes and making foundations for walls etc.. The spells units will have is more like Healing, Auras and Buffing.. Maybe some auto-casting spells too. Other then that, I don't really need a spell creator unless he / she creates awesome spells with fancy effects.

Level 13
proof? i can make unit fly,change scale,change color,put unit only stay in 1 animation,etc
and how may i terrain witout changing things and imorting models and use theme?witout object manager?ask deskull about his map and he will tell you wat i can and can't do :-| and i told you this :''i can make items and i can make and spells so i can work with both :)''
whene i told that i ment i can do items for real and ides for items and at spells i only have ideas i don't now how to make custom spells :-\

Level 11
proof? i can make unit fly,change scale,change color,put unit only stay in 1 animation,etc
and how may i terrain witout changing things and imorting models and use theme?witout object manager?ask deskull about his map and he will tell you wat i can and can't do :-| and i told you this :''i can make items and i can make and spells so i can work with both :)''
whene i told that i ment i can do items for real and ides for items and at spells i only have ideas i don't now how to make custom spells :-\
It means go create a map proving that you can object edit,terrain,spell make,etc.

Level 9
Eternal, you just said that the Object Manager is the Import Manager..? I'm afraid i need better proof then that. I can give you a simple task.. Spells Creator. However, it may happen I wont need help creating spells. You'll still get credit thought.. :)

Add you to the list tomarrow, and be ready for anything. I may ask for help, even in a year from now.. :p

Level 9
Then Item creator.. ;) I need some people working with items.. Remember; I'll make a "Tooltip Template" before making any items..

EDIT:
I added you as Building Creator as well.. It's almost the same as Item Creator.. Tooltip, tooltip, tooltip and then the other stuff as icons / models / stats.. ;)

Level 9
I let everybody wait until it's time for them..
Atm I'm not working on the map because the WE is f**ked up.. >.<
(I'm on Ubuntu.. Working on fixing it!)

And, the Reputation count does indeed count! It shows how much people respect you and your work.. ;) (And I saw your models & icons before I accepted you.. So ok, it does not do everything for you..)

Still, I would need some new models for Dinosaurs and Aliens.. I'm not sure, but I think the Hive lack what I need of that.. :p

If you want (and can) do a lot of work, I would just delete all my models and request it all from you to get it as I want.. Still, it's around 100-200 models I'm talking about.. :p

Thanks

Level 9
Yea ofc i remember you elejrk ^^ I updated the system more since you are planning to use it for your map, just some efficiency fixes. Btw thanks for the compliment on the physics engine, its really not much physics ^^

Great! :)
I'll add you latter on "Triggering".. Would always accept you there.. :p (Could also need some help on something..)

i can make skins
No you can't.. :p

(You got -1 rep since you just recolored a skin and posted it, that's not called "I can make skins".. It's called "I can't make skins"..)

Status
Not open for further replies.