• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer fantasy/ Warhammer 40k players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
[color=#][/color] Hey all players of fantasy and 40k,
I am a player seeing how many people are out there who like to play Games workshop games, so if you like warhammer(any type) feel free to reply and we can talk about warhammer stuff! :!:

Level 2
Well, I for myself am going for 40k- my Necrons are about to be done quite soon and thus ready for the field

Else, I planned to collect Chaos and/or Dark Eldar after I played a couple of games with my Necrons

Level 11
I play 40K quite a bit. I have three armies. Tau, necrons and tyranids(Have you seen the new ones?)

Its fun to do but it takes a lot of dedication. Between assemble and painting of the models theres a massive rulebook you have to undrstand as well as about an hours worth of preparation in order to get a game started :)

Something I noticed after playing firewarrior on ps2 was that if you can fire a pulse carbine twice per go on the board game, and on the game you can fire a pulse carbine twice every second or so on ps2, then an entire six-turn tabletop battle equates to about six seconds of real time battle :D

Level 3
Old topic, but I have to jump it. I have an immense Tyranid army; then mediocre-sized Necrons, Dark Eldar and Space Wolves; and recently began Fantasy with High Elves.

Level 3
Oh, about 2500. I played 4 full-sized squads of genestealers :twisted: and have 3 carnifexes and even three Hive tyrants (even though Ican only play two.. meh). Red terror and a side helping of Raveners, and then a pair of mediocre gaunt squads. meh, it's delightfully fun to stomp through things. They've seen about 50 battles over the three years they've evolved, and solo, they have yet to lose :>

Level 3
Necrons are sweeet. I found a retired veteran player of Necrons; sold me:

Nightbringer
20 Warriors
3 Destroyers
4 Scarab Swarms

For 50 bucks :> I wsa quite happy. And it was pretty well-painted too, naturally I had some touchups of my own to apply, but hey, I was happy.

Get at minimum a single squad of Destroyers. They are the ultimate bane of all space marines. I took out 2 tactical squads (one in turn one and the second in turn two) and lost only one of the Destroyers for it. It was lovely.

Level 3
Oh yeah, and the $50 set I spoke of also came with two lords! I chopped one of em up and the other as well, and created an uber lord, manufacturing a customized Staff of Light (made up of an Eldar Shuriken cannon tip, an old Tyranid Warrior Bone Sword and a Dark Eldar Ravager scythe-bit), also an entire custom hood and flowing cape... it looks quite sweet. My Necrons are the same as yours, fella - they, too, are undefeated when in my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.