• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rogue Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Rogue Star Prologue

starcraft://map/1/235497

Rogue Star is tactical RPG set in the Starcraft universe.
Explore dungeons, kill baddies, receive loot, repeat; and try not to die

Release Trailer

The Rogue Star combat demo is currently published on bnet NA and features over 30 abilities and 40 items to be used against an endless onslaught of enemy heretics. Rogue Star is a turn based tactical RPG with dungeoncrawler elements. Dungeons and crawling not yet included.

Alpha v0.500 Gameplay

Alpha v0.400 Gameplay

Alpha v0.300 Gameplay

Alpha v0.200 Gameplay

Alpha v0.100 Gameplay

Upcoming Features
  • Multiplayer
  • Two new classes
  • Hotkeys
  • Combat system overhaul

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Active Time Battle (ATB) system like early Final Fantasy games
I thought that was only introduced at FF4 (middle age final fantasies). I mean FF1,2 and 3 all used turn based fights. FF4,5,6,7,8 and 9 used ATB. FF10 used the same sort of battle system HoMaM 5 used. FF12 sort of used a real time ATB system. FF13 used a variant of ATB that allowed you to use many abilities per turn.

Level 2
You are correct. I didn't fact check :(

ATB is going away next big patch so I can shift the game's focus to tactical strategy

Level 2
But they're fun to design! Is it any better than items can grant skill bonuses like in Diablo 2?

Level 2
Rogue Star Chapter 1 has been released (which is a continuation of the prologue). New items, enemies, and bosses! Coinciding with the new content release I've launched a Patreon- check it out if you're interested in directly supporting the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.