• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turin's Tinkershop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Turin's Tinkershop:

So a while ago I was playing around with some model editing, and i decided to buy milkshape (25 euro is cheap enough). And after some tinkering I made this model.

135153-albums8019-picture95399.jpg

Basicly its a simple reconstrution of a footman with a new shield, weapon, scabbard and head. I picked the paladin head because I was to lazy to create a new unique head.. (and damnit, helmets are hard to make!)

Now for the problem:
Since I made the model in milkshape it doesnt have any bones. I have managed to make some bones but attaching the vertexes doesnt seem to work properly, i just can't make them work right. And the frustrating thing is, I basicly just want to use the footman animations anyway!

So my question:
Is there an easy way to rig my model onto a skeleton and make it use the footman animations?

Further:
If I can fix this problem in the future I will probably make some more like minded models. Basic units, i think there are already plenty of hero models, that can add more variety to large strategy maps.

Attachments

• SwordsmanReal.mdx
    59.8 KB · Views: 77
Level 10
I have thought about it, but i'm not adept enough with milkshape (yet).

im keeping the modeling casual, and from what i gathered its quite alot of work to make the animations look good. I've seen alot of examples of decent models with shocky (crappy) animations which makes them useless for ingame use...

Status
Not open for further replies.