• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachment point hlep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31

Attachments

• HumanFemaleReshape - Copy.mdx
    362.4 KB · Views: 84
Level 11
Rename the "Head - Ref" to "Head Ref". The other names of the attachmentpoints seem correct.

Level 49
Your chest attachment point seems to be attached to Bone Head? Look around in Magos. Give your attachments the right parents - for example, Head Red to Bone Head, Chest Ref to Bone Chest etc. After that is done, remake their co-ordinates. Open the model in Vertex Modifier, select a part of the mesh(e.g., the head, the right hand, the chest etc) and go to Tools --> Center of Mass --> View. Open the model in Magos and write the right co-ordinates for each and every attachment point. If this doesn't works, I have no idea what will.

Level 31
Your chest attachment point seems to be attached to Bone Head? Look around in Magos. Give your attachments the right parents - for example, Head Red to Bone Head, Chest Ref to Bone Chest etc. After that is done, remake their co-ordinates. Open the model in Vertex Modifier, select a part of the mesh(e.g., the head, the right hand, the chest etc) and go to Tools --> Center of Mass --> View. Open the model in Magos and write the right co-ordinates for each and every attachment point. If this doesn't works, I have no idea what will.

No, the chest ref is attached to the chest helper. It's just that in Magos it's put under the other helpers and bones in the hierarchy. If you actually look at the lines, it is connected to Bone_Chest, but just under Bone_Head in the list. :p Also, aren't the way the coordinates in Magos and vertex modifier set up different? The way I normally test to see where a attachment point should go is checking it against what ever bone or helper is closest to where it should be, most often times the helpers. And to make sure I don't get the wrong one, I will test the helper by changing on the coordinates, normally by adding like 100 to the x one and seeing if moved drastically and thus the one I want or not.

Also Thyrael, I don't really think that has any bearing on how the attachment points work, but I did change that for uniformity and such.

Level 31
The coordinates in Magos and Vertex Modifier are different? :S
I really don't think so, I've always used Vertex Modifier and Magos to rig stuff and then animate it in WarForger.

And of course, the "_Ref" at the end just HAS to be added, otherwise it wont work.

Alright, I'll try that out.

And ya got confused again. I'm not saying I am taking out the "ref", thyrael was saying that having a - in it would mess it up and to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.