• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] [A Tiny World]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
VK8cF0R.png

EWqRHmr.png

During all the great wars between Orcs, humans, elves, dwarfs and the others creature of the nice and quiet World of Warcraft, many are those who forgot about all the other living creatures of this world...

"A Tiny World ®" is the story of the insects of Warcraft (only about those who lives right behind the Maclure Vineyard in The Elwynn Forest... third tree on the left)

You are one of the billion who swarms on the surface of the world.
Make your way through 4 epic chapters !
Gather ressources to purchase powerful items or hire mercenaries to the "Black Ants Corporation". Keep your eyes open and let the words of the "Undead Poets Society" be your guide when you feel lost. Defeat many enemies and rivals to reach your objectives.
Fight corruption to restore the living world's balance...and become.. the Hero of
"A Tiny World ®"
(Wich is better than nothing right?)

Screenshots

7jONZeR.jpg
jMtkDbr.jpg
NvqKLOB.jpg

uFWvNnj.png

Here is the list of the availables heroes you can embody for your journey. Most of them are multi-purposes and can be built in different ways. Be wise in your choice, the adventure is waiting for you !
(You can only see the passive and primary abilities here)

Magma Ant (Intelligence based)

ewlnRv5.png
wQwoWmQ.png

nSLfYHk.jpg

Rectorius (Strenght based)

Y6AzKNG.png
nhBCXos.png

Coming..

Cafardeur (Agility based)

yNF5KXH.png
vz0ZbCZ.png

Coming..

Flesh Digger (Agility based)

1ULcrpd.png
OrpKcQA.png

Coming..

Shell Crusher (Strenght based)

nlzaLUz.png
erQTIC8.png

Coming..

Spore Master (Intelligence based)

5tJM2FB.png
DW9c3Tf.png

Coming..

Crypt Spider (Intelligence based)

H3jrP4p.png
3VzrDiS.png

Coming..

Creepy Bug (Agility based)

Ds5sBI8.png
Hhsq4iI.png

Coming..

Cristal Mantis (Intelligence based)

fCvpaId.png
i1MPhB6.png

Coming..

Scorpal (Strenght based)

TS5t5CQ.png
lVJd38n.png

Coming..

Northrend Wasp (Agility based)

KuqaLhJ.png
X6zVaWq.png

Coming..

nJ7qObD.png

Coming..

Current version of the map : [Beta 1.5]

[Note 1] : The availables Heroes are (Cafardeur, Magma Ant, Rectorius, Crypt Spider, Creepy Bug, Scorpal and Shell Crusher) The other ones are not ready yet so .. don't pick them or you're gonna have a shitty time ^^
[Note 2] : I really need feedbacks about the gameplay of the heroes, please send me your ideas and feedbacks via Mp.

Attachments

• [A Tiny World] Beta 1.5.w3x
    18.3 MB · Views: 8,277
Last edited:
Level 6
Thank you ! I hope this game will provide a good alternative to the real life for many many hours :p

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Looks great :)

But two things, firstly, in single player it is nearly impossible to play with any main attr except Strength, secondly, map is too huge for Multiplayer, isn't it ? You should either think about removing A LOT of the custom resources or make it for singleplayer.

Level 6
The companion has been balanced and can now gain levels (he doesn't have experience but every 15 kills nearby him you can unlock a skill to be more tanky or deal more damages)

The map will be playable by 2 but only on Garena I'm afraid. I don't want to low the graphics because it would affect what I try to have here... a Tiny world means big doodads means... good looking doodads.

Now, If anyone has ideas about the companion I would be happy to hear them.

New version uploaded

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

[Note 2] : I really need feedbacks about the gameplay of the heroes, please send me your ideas and feedbacks via Mp.
I hope I didn't understand something wrong as I don't know what you mean with Mp.

Short review of Tiny World 1.5:

Sadly I got stucked at baricadtroi with Rectorious when I tried to 'blink' in the area.

Hero: Rectorius
Lifes: 20 ( up to including slave master)
Easy Difficultly

Successfully did Carot Quest

Bugs/Mistakes/...

• tooltip loading screen is wrong, showing 1.2 beta, it confused me a lot
  • 'speechless', the name of the first quest means rather being speechless because you are surprised, I don't think it can be used to express the not existing communication due to language differences
  • Item sell button is wrong, every item has 'drop item here to sell it' in its description and that makes no sense
  • Quest log header is wrong ( = loading screen mistake)
  • Living roots are destroyable
  • please fix food display
  • what is 'No ent.' ?
  • still big unbalance between strength of creep groups
  • Aggressive Blood damage increase was not applied
  • big problem at third pollen when you attacked the bottom creep group before cinematic, they wipe out trader and warrior easily while cinematic
  • slaves model is sometimes shown after they were killed, attacking your former position
  • baricadtroi uses demon gate portait
Suggestions

• Add Messages if a player finds a secret area + number of secret areas
  • Increase size of pathing doodads: doodads that are between your path and future areas
  • Add a tooltip/tooltips to inform the player about level and bought mutations
  • make slaves neutral, but turn them hostile if you attack them
Basics, Things I noticed

• Early gameplay is way too hard, you can barely kill a unit before you have to run back to pollen for healing
Items, Trader

• Epic Goods A uses stomp effect
  • Rare Gleaming Egg: strange combi, atk speed and str, but maybe matches a hero
  • The Three Eyes: you have only one primary attr: either str, agi or int, no plural
  • -> In General: Items need huge rework balance, I didn't really looked over them, just some things I noticed while trading
  • bag is sometimes more favoured than hero of trader
Hero: Rectorius

• Brutal Dash Speeds only apply if he gets no iussed order, may add an info to the tooltip
  • He seems rather agility than str, look and ability meaning
Note: This review is supposed to have a neutral tone, any rude or unpolite tone is not intended and I excuse for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The map is quite cute. :D

It looks really promising. I gave it a shot and it seems like fun (but I couldn't play very long, it is 4 AM at the moment).

Some small bugs:
- DISBTN of custom icons were all green. If you can, try fixing them:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2d-art-tutorials-281/my-icon-green-game-why-13372/
I know it will take up space, but it makes the map more polished.
- I played as carfardeur -- his vibrating wings ability always gave my opponent anti-magic shell, so I wouldn't be able to attack him for a moment. Is that intentional? I didn't see anything about it in the tooltip.

But good luck on your map! I might try it out again later and give more feedback. I like the idea a lot.

Level 6
Thanks Ardenian, great feedback as usual :)

to "PurgeandFire": Yes most of my icons are still green even tho I imported the DISBTN
icons .. I'm gonna have a look at your link !

About Cafardeur, this ability was unwanted at first but I'm thinking of keeping it to force players to use it as a cricial moment (like a finish or to save your ass) I will change the text thought.

If you are to try my map, please download the little text attached to this thread:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/insects-rpg-needs-beta-testers-260576/
It would be very helpful for me :) (or sending a replay if you are lazy to write ^^)

Great map theme, If you finish it I think it will be a big shot
I wanted to make something similar but I quit so let me give you an idea of mine
If you know modeling you can make attachment parts and give them to the insects. For example, make upgrades like Grow Limb or something like that. Bigger Claws, similar to Spore. Darkspore is dead unfortunately :(

Level 14
Your terrain is looking awesome. It really captures the feeling of a tiny world. You could think about adding things like junk laying around and scale them up to seem like they are towering over everything.

Level 6
Great map theme, If you finish it I think it will be a big shot
I wanted to make something similar but I quit so let me give you an idea of mine
If you know modeling you can make attachment parts and give them to the insects. For example, make upgrades like Grow Limb or something like that. Bigger Claws, similar to Spore. Darkspore is dead unfortunately :(

I was thinking of this too but .. maybe later or for some armor set. I'm working on the gameplay mostly now, I need achievements ^^

Thanks Veritas, this version is looking much better than the first one for sure ! And I must thank Approject for this ;)

I will try to release another version soon, I'm constantly reworking my heroes !

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

About Beta Tests and Reviews, shall we post them into this thread or just PM them to you ? Just got a bit confused now.

Level 10
Awesome, fun idea! Great work, keep up the awesome work, good luck and God Bless!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Either way, is this single player?
Yes, it was supposed to be multi player, but the creator Molaf added such an amount of custom stuff to make his map look as great as it looks now that it is his only opportunity to make this game single player.

Level 6
So yes originaly the map was meant two players but as I'm still not sure if the two players mode will be available due to the size of the map, I decided to focus on singleplayer without excluding the possibility of playing it two players in the triggers.

That's why in single player its recommanded to play in easy mode.

I will be releasing a new beta with 3 more areas and a lot of updates as soon as I come back from Korea !

Ps: I still need a 3D artist to create a few models. it doesn't have to be ultra low poly but I need smooth animations so a certain level is requiered. mp me ! :)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Cool idea.

I think you over-complicate the heroes but that is your thing.

IMO, they need to be unique but you don't have to follow the standard 4 abilities per unit formula.

Level 6
The heroes are not that complicated but I didn't want to have only strenght/agility/intelligence heroes. I wanted hybrids and different ways to build my heroes.

There is actualy between 5 and 6 abilities for each. and every heros can be built in two different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.