• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seth's Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31

197699-albums4412-picture60795.png

Seth's Reign is egyptian mythology myth interpretation based single player RPG by APproject. Map's story is based on an interpretation of The Legend of Osiris myth.

Take a role of Egyptian Sorcerer and dive into the adventure of gathering Osiris' body parts and dealing with Seth himself for his cruel and wicked tyrony over the people of Egypt.

One of the main features: 12 chooseable hero spells classified into three types - Ra, Horus and Seth, and 6 specialization spells classified as well. Possibility of up to 729 spell combinations. (Updated)

Map is fully voice acted. Certain spells were made by defskull. Map also contain 5-6 egyptian-like unique music tracks. Up to 6+ voice actors. Plenty of items. 10+ optional quests with increasing difficulty. Many boss and lesser-boss fights. (Updated)

I would not want to reveal too much about the map, it remain to be seen.
Expected release date: December 2012. (Updated)

Progress: 84% Map Completed. (Updated 2012-11-01)

I decided not reveal about map anything else except terrain and short descriptions of it, except for that one gameplay video. (Updated)

Short preview cinematic of the project:
(Seth's model may be replaced with PROXY's one which is under development no more - COMPLETED)

17827148.png

clipboardc.png

tomb1.png

tomb2g.png

tomb3z.png

57410524.png

23872328.png

18971002.png

44683467.png

31338417.png

72457002.png

86651649.png

82955825.png

69830953.png

83761787.png

76728000.png

63049883.png

srsc1.png

srsc2.png

99700123.png

78583123.png

191gc.png

16106829.png

42600811.png

39224872.png

92360402.png

92230664.png

24224317.png

13928988.png

70877637.png
attachment.php

attachment.php

117986d1348318153-seths-reign-2.png

Last edited:
Level 25
You took huge risks mixing such different things together (bright/dark colors; Moria/ruins doodads), but it turned out extremely well. I love the bright and vivid colors of the outside area. Definitely looking forward to seeing the gameplay in action :thumbs_up:

Level 31
You took huge risks mixing such different things together (bright/dark colors; Moria/ruins doodads), but it turned out extremely well. I love the bright and vivid colors of the outside area. Definitely looking forward to seeing the gameplay in action
Thank you. Well that's only 1/3 of map terrains, currently I am moving forward to another third of map and I may try making something different, already came up with some ideas.
Thanks. :)
Oh and hey, if you need some models, or maybe 1 or 2 big ones (meaning in time of work) on't worry to contact me, I will tell you if I have time! :)
Really? I could really use a modeler just for one model - Seth. There are no models that would look like Seth, except for HappyCockroach's Son of Anubis and yet it is four-handed and with swords. I asked eubz about it but he seemed to refuse it as he would not reply to me anymore. Let me know if you would be interested, I have some pictures.

Edit: Quick terrain update.

57410524.png

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@APproject
I'm sorry to tell you that that's not true.

I was feeling the exact same way when I was working on Dualism. The terrain seems to be a much bigger part of the project than what it actually was. What is going to take most of your time is your main systems and most of all your content.

Anyhow, I'd love to see this getting finished so I'll type something here every day to keep you motivated.

Level 31
Hehe, there is no need to post here by force though.

The map is actually simple, no complex systems installed, so it goes sligthly faster than in any other project I think. The most time consuming I believe will be balancing, as there will be now 18 abilities and 729 (3^6) hero ability combinations, all unique style and it gonna be pain the butt to balance these. Terrain / environment at some point is pleasure for me.

This is a bomb little area, good eye candy!...

Great theme application!

Level 31
Haha, yeah, statue seem to have a clown's face, but it is supposed to be Sobi mask. But face fit the headdress I think. Thanks. :)

Edit: A short preview cinematic have been uploaded. Seth's image by HappyCockroach may be replaced with PROXY's one which is currently under development. Hope you guys would like this short cinematic.

Last edited:
Level 12
This project looks very promising. Looking forward to play it. :D Since I have a little free time, I made a banner and a sig for the project. I'm sure it'll add some eye-candy to the thread. But if you think it's not suitable, it's okay. Maybe you can give me some details and I'll make it next time when I'm free. :wink: Good luck with the project. :thumbs_up:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Seth's Reign Banner.png
    Seth's Reign Banner.png
    328.2 KB · Views: 1,279
  • Seth's Reign Sig.png
    Seth's Reign Sig.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 154,955
Level 4
This project looks very promising. Looking forward to play it. :D Since I have a little free time, I made a banner and a sig for the project. I'm sure it'll add some eye-candy to the thread. But if you think it's not suitable, it's okay. Maybe you can give me some details and I'll make it next time when I'm free. :wink: Good luck with the project. :thumbs_up:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Hey, the banner is so cool! APproject will really like it but Can I ask a question. How do you create a banner? Where did you get those font style for writing the word "SETH's REIGN" cuz it looks cool. I know this is not the time to ask cuz it has no relation with the project but pls... answer my quesion... pls...

Level 31
Cool looking forward to this game....
Good job APproject! I have no doubt that this will be a top map for a very long time.
Thank you. :)
This project looks very promising. Looking forward to play it. :D Since I have a little free time, I made a banner and a sig for the project. I'm sure it'll add some eye-candy to the thread. But if you think it's not suitable, it's okay. Maybe you can give me some details and I'll make it next time when I'm free. Good luck with the project.
Woah, this looks amazing, great job, I love it. :) I may surely use it, this banner would be a great preview image. Credits goes for you, AL0NE, and I didn't even need to make a request, thank you.

I may also update the thread with more info about the gameplay, more screenshots and perhaps I'll give a description focusing on abilities, items and quests when I'll have free time.

Thank you for all your support, guys, it means much to me.

Level 12
I'm glad you like it. =) having difficulty finding a suitable symbol. but the horus-like symbol looks fit to me. (Not really understand the mythology, so I apologize for any mistake I said. ^^" ) Good luck with the project. Hope to see more screenies to keep me drooling. :D

Level 31
Horus sign is perfect, as Horus will be one of the Good characters going against Seth. :) It can be understood like the light of Horus (The yellow bright) may banish the the shadows and chaos of Seth, so *Seth's Reign* is in shiny egyptish yellow. It is really well done. :)

Level 14
Woah, is the desert tile that you're using the one that I created? If so, I'm pretty glad it found use for SUCH a bad-ass project.

On the topic - if you need a voice actor, I am willing to try. I haven't voice-acted for games before, and I haven't voice-acted in English (that is, for an audience, though I've practised), but I'm sure I can pull it off.

I have a slight Balkan accent (Bulgarian), and I'm currently living in Scotland. I speak English quite fluently, so I guess I can be of use. ;)

Level 31
Of course, you can send me the pictures and I may edit first post adding the pictures. You may also post them with a post to notice visitors. I am really looking forward the new model, it gonna look epic. :)

Yes, it is not, it is probably because I saved picture and uploaded it into imageshack and used it from there. How to make it transpirant? :eek:

Level 12
You can upload it somewhere to your album. =) that way u can ensure the sig won't be deleted or something like that. ;)
and thanks for the explanation of the banner. Didn't thought it would fit so well. :D

Level 31
Model looks outstanding in my opinion. It also could have slightly longer arms for more realistic look I think, what do you think, PROXY?

Updated first post with Seth's images.

Team color spots are good.

Edit: Quick terrain update.

44683467.png

Last edited:
Level 12
Wow! Amazing screenie! @@ the light ray is from UTM rite? Looks familiar. But overall its very good. The models looks wonderful. Loving the terrain. Hope to see its release by the end of the month. :D

Level 31
Thanks. :) Rays are called Ceiling Rays by Tranquil. Well, project itself goes slightly slow even though I work 8-10 hours per day, I even usually forget to eat, hehe. I may finish the project by the end of this month if I am not going to the vacation to Latvia this month. If I am, more than a week goes away and it might be finished on september.

Level 4
Thanks. :) Rays are called Ceiling Rays by Tranquil. Well, project itself goes slightly slow even though I work 8-10 hours per day, I even usually forget to eat, hehe. I may finish the project by the end of this month if I am not going to the vacation to Latvia this month. If I am, more than a week goes away and it might be finished on september.

WOW! It will be finis in September!? Wow! That's a great month for me.....that's my birthday! Looking forward for Seth's Reign!

Level 31

I was mapping and when I pushed Save File, window appeared representing saving progress bars and electricity went out, I thought it would ruin the file but luckily it was alright.

Yesturday accidently PC fell onto ground, breaking screen's plug and electricity flow plug / unite, PC went out, I was afraid it would not be all the damage and hard drive would lose all its memory because of hard crash into the ground, but luckily it was alright.

I don't know if I am lucky person or not, probably both. This one scared me.

Status
Not open for further replies.