• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

I've been attempting to contact the creators for Ominous Horizons and The Great Trolls War for several months to no avail. The last contact they seemed to have authorized some other people to post their material so unless I read otherwise I'm going to add their material in the next week.

If anyone knows a current way to contact TerranUp16 and Tijil let me know.

I'll see what I can do. It looks like both the project leaders for WotTH have some recent activity so there is a good chance I can talk to one of them.

I'm also looking at the Creep Rebellion however SantoRayo[iP] hasn't been active since 2006.
Edit: I see that according to Tim. at Wc3c.net CR is an open source project so it will definitely be uploaded here.

Level 16
I have some GTW models from Norin. I can try to get the premmision from him but i don't think there is anyone left who worked on that mod beside shiik so i don't know how it will be there with the premmisions.

As far as permission is concerned I have been operating under these rules when unable to find active members:

1. Did you make a substantial effort to contact any known members?
2. Have you allowed sufficient time for them to reply? (Minimum one month)
3. Do you have proper documentation of who was involved and to what capacity?
4. Has the mod been inactive for a substantial period of time? (years)

If all of that is satisfied I would say that it is ok to post here, however I am not an admin and if they tell me to remove something I will.

If you can contact someone that worked on it they should be able to tell you whether the original team would have wanted their material distributed.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

How about all of the resources from Wc3:WoW?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I don't mean wow rips, I mean the models, textures, etc... from the (previously) hosted project Wc3:WoW.

Also WoW rips are allowed now.

Technically I have permission to post DoC from several years ago. However, I would rather have a more current and specific response.

If anyone can contact a team member for me and ask them to contact me I would appreciate it. Attached is what I consider permission.

Attachments

• DoCOkSorta.jpg
    DoCOkSorta.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Hey Kam, do you have a warcraft II gnomish inventor mod? If you have it can I use it?

Please direct your request at Beepo and/or Rommel. See the attached model card.

Update on DoC. I will be posting it later tonight.

EDIT: Dawn of Chaos added.

Attachments

• inventor.jpg
    inventor.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Level 8
Holy shiet, Dawn of Chaos and WC3:Wow?! too bad i am retired from Warcraft and all my warcraft models, skins, and maps are deleted because of virus.

Level 4
so I'm currently in the process of trying to get the models from DoC to work.
Ran into a problem though, I appear to be missing a texture called Mud.blp for the Orc Buildings, but I cant find this texture anywhere in the mpq. Any help?
On another note, have you considered perhaps getting Project Revolution?

I was also unable to find that texture. The solution I came up with was to take a screenshot in game and convert it to a .blp since it's a rather simple texture. I have not had a chance to yet, so feel free to.

As for Project Revolution, do you have a contact for their team? Their project has been inactive for many years.

Level 4
I was also unable to find that texture. The solution I came up with was to take a screenshot in game and convert it to a .blp since it's a rather simple texture. I have not had a chance to yet, so feel free to.

As for Project Revolution, do you have a contact for their team? Their project has been inactive for many years.
Do you mean just take a screenshot of a mud texture and use that for the texture?
And no I dont know anyone who worked on Project Revolution.