• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leader of the Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
2yns0n9.jpg

Description: Leader of the Pack is a campaign that takes place after the third war, in the time of World of Warcraft, before the opening of the dark portal. Hogger, leader of the Riverpaw gnolls and the "Alpha Gnoll" of that pack, has made a pact with Edwin VanCleef, and the Riverpaw pack are now mercenaries and lousy peons for the Defias Brotherhood. However, will this situation last any longer?

Team Members:
  • Mr. Goblin: Terrain
  • Zeverens: 2-D Art
  • Debode: Storyline, triggers, gameplay

Features:
  • An eleven stages campaign(2 of them are interludes) in which you play as Hogger, leader of the Riverpaw gnolls
  • Unique models for almost each unit and hero
  • Beautiful terrain made by the epic Mr. Goblin
  • Custom heroes with custom spells

Characters:
Hogger: Leader of the Riverpaw gnolls, Hogger has made a pact with the Defias Brotherhood kingpin, Edwin VanCleef. Now he and his pack are working for the Defias Brotherhood... For a price, of course.

Background: Hogger is considered to be the most dangerous and powerful gnoll alive. He rules the Riverpaw gnolls with an iron fist and takes all of the loot his gnolls acquire from raids on small villages. Hogger is very skilled with various weapons, but his favorite weapons were pillaged from a raid on a small high elven camp in the Second War - dual blades that can be worn on the arms with leather straps, and can cut through the strongest of metals...

Outpost Commander Fefennel: Fedfennel is a Riverpaw gnoll in charge of the Riverpaw outpost at Stone Cairn Lake in Elwynn Forest.

Background: Fedfennel is a muscular gnoll brute, often referred as "The Butcher" - his blade, "Anguish", was forged to him by Riverpaw's best smiths. Not much is known about Fedfennel's past.

Taskmaster Swiftbite: Swiftbite, a Riverpaw taskmaster in charge of the gold mine in southern Elwynn Forest.

Background: Swiftbite was once a lousy runt - but after Hogger heard about his numerous fights with the rest of the runts, and about his commanding nature, he quickly promoted him to the taskmaster, head of all runts. Swiftbite is now in charge of the gold mine in southern Elwynn forest.

Edwin VanCleef: Kingpin of the Defias Brotherhood, he pays to Hogger and his Riverpaw Gnolls as a part of the pact between him and Hogger.

Background: VanCleef was once one of the first men who offered their services to rebuild Stormwind City after it's destruction during the Second War - a master artisan and stonemason, he masterminded the whole rebuilding project. After the rebuilding was completed, the workers, including VanCleef, headed to the House of Nobels for a payment. The nobles refused to pay the workers and, since the workers refused to leave without a payment, exiled the workers out of the city. There, in the wilds of Elwynn Forest, VanCleef led the stonemasons and workers and taught them the arts of thievery and assassination - thus the Defias Brotherhood was formed. Now, VanCleef and the rest of the Defias Brotherhood are working on a huge weapon of destruction - a weapon that will be able to crush the House of Nobles along with the very Stormwind they once were rebuilding...

Morgan 'the Collector': Morgan is a Defias agent in charge of collecting the gold from the kobolds and gnolls that mine the gold in the gold mines in Elwynn Forest.

Background: Morgan has received a special ring from VanCleef himself in order to be recognized as "The Collector". Not much is known about his past.

Screenshots:

Prelude:

Prelude_Screenshot01.png Prelude_Screenshot02.png

Chapter One:

ChapterOne_Screenshot01.png ChapterOne_Screenshot02.png ChapterOne_Screenshot03.png ChapterOne_Screenshot04.png ChapterOne_Screenshot05.png
ChapterOne_Screenshot06.png ChapterOne_Screenshot07.png ChapterOne_Screenshot08.png ChapterOne_Screenshot09.png ChapterOne_Screenshot10.png
ChapterOne_Screenshot11.png ChapterOne_Screenshot12.png ChapterOne_Screenshot13.png ChapterOne_Screenshot14.png ChapterOne_Screenshot15.png

Header by Zeverens, text stylized in photoshop by me.

Leader of the Pack, a Bloodlust Studios production.

Other products brought to you by Bloodlust Studios:

Last edited:
Level 13
i love the story and everthing i just hate hogger is all so if tat changes it will be thumbs up for me but o well seems a fun game in all.

Level 6
It looks like the trees need to be taller. That would make it look better. The durned windmill needs to be bigger. They are usally taller than the farm house.(they are about 3 stories high) But, the terrain is very good. I will like to play this map/campaign.\

Level 49
Hevenblood, I asked Mr.Goblin to aim for a blizzard-ish feeling. I suppose the terrain isn't exactly blizzard-ish, but I definitely wont change it to look even less blizzard-ish. The trees are too big for me, but goblin says it's fine so... (he made them about two times bigger than normal Blizzard trees :< )

L2love, Hogger is the real leader of the Riverpaw pack\tribe by lore, why should I change it? Just because some n00bs in WoW killed him with groups of 40 level 1's?

Level 13
Level 13
Hmm... That's quite awesome, actually. Oh well, I suppose you can join as a helper... If I'll need help with triggers, I'll ask you. Hey, do you have MSN? That could make stuff a lot easier. If you do have, go to my profile under "contact info", there you'll see my MSN... Then add me please.

Doing it...my account name start as pippo...exct...

Level 49
Just wanted to let you all guys know - Pippo is currently finishing Hogger's skills, and as soon as FrIkY is done with a skin we currently need, chapter one will be more close to getting finished than ever! After this one's done, I'll get working on chapter two and finish the interlude. This shouldn't take too much, as the main problem, the triggers, are getting handled by Pippo here. I'll update the thread soon.

Level 13
Just wanted to let you all guys know - Pippo is currently finishing Hogger's skills, and as soon as FrIkY is done with a skin we currently need, chapter one will be more close to getting finished than ever! After this one's done, I'll get working on chapter two and finish the interlude. This shouldn't take too much, as the main problem, the triggers, are getting handled by Pippo here. I'll update the thread soon.

Well, the spells are nearly finished, all leaks and laggs are fixed, only the ultimate spell is (secret:gg:) and incomplete.
Be ready for updates, I'm keeping the work...
Unless you have nothing to do, check my names :grin:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/random-name-generator-1-1-a-147636/

Status
Not open for further replies.