• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Glideon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Due us speaking about it in the chat I tried it out.

I only played it alone for testing. So my experience was obviously worse than those who play together.

[I didn't read the quest log because I was too lazy]

There is way too much to take in at once. I managed to figure out the menu fairly easy but once I got ingame I was super confused. I was like: "How do I play" I tried using arrow keys and that were on spot.
So I ran.. for 2 seconds.. and ran into a wall and got stuck. It took me 15-20 seconds getting out from that place. By running into the wall so I got knocked back on track.
Right after that I picked up a box, no display what so ever of what I got. Maybe a floating text telling me which item or whatever I got from it.
I later noticed that there were items in my inventory, but heck, I don't got time to read that in the middle of a race. Same goes for the buttons/abilities, I didn't have time to read about those at all.

The collision also seemed very bugged in various ways. I just found the angle I was knocked towards when hitting a wall was completely off. And as said I got stuck at one point and some invisible wall prevented me from getting back. (I actually got stuck there two times, but I knew how to get out the second time)

Another suggestion would be to use the third person camera system from the spell section because that prevents the camera from going through terrain.

TLDR; The map is way too fast paced for its own good. I have to focus 100% on my 'driving' because if I look away for one second I am running into a wall and lose all my speed.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
@Chaosy

Thanks before :)

I only played it alone for testing. So my experience was obviously worse than those who play together.
You know you can play with AI right? ;)

[I didn't read the quest log because I was too lazy]
The quest log is empty as well, at least in the last version. :p

There is way too much to take in at once. I managed to figure out the menu fairly easy but once I got ingame I was super confused. I was like: "How do I play" I tried using arrow keys and that were on spot.
So I ran.. for 2 seconds.. and ran into a wall and got stuck. It took me 15-20 seconds getting out from that place. By running into the wall so I got knocked back on track.
Right after that I picked up a box, no display what so ever of what I got. Maybe a floating text telling me which item or whatever I got from it.
I later noticed that there were items in my inventory, but heck, I don't got time to read that in the middle of a race. Same goes for the buttons/abilities, I didn't have time to read about those at all.
Obviously, you need to give it another try. None can learn a game just in single shot (except for flappy bird and it's kind). If you got stuck, you can use boost ability to help you get out of there. But I also have added "unstuck function" in the next update as well.
Every item has distinct icons. You will remember it better as you play it more. This game can be played completely lonely, no AI no other players. You can take as many time as possible to learn everything: reading tooltips, learning the control, using abilities and items, etc.

The collision also seemed very bugged in various ways. I just found the angle I was knocked towards when hitting a wall was completely off. And as said I got stuck at one point and some invisible wall prevented me from getting back. (I actually got stuck there two times, but I knew how to get out the second time)
It's hard, really, to deal with collision. First because the pathings are square-shaped, and can't be more precise than 32 pixel. This why sometimes you can hit invisible wall. I will take more time to work around these issues and try to add better collision, as in the previous versions, I'm afraid heavier codes will cause worse FPS, but I shouldn't worry about FPS after the last update.

Another suggestion would be to use the third person camera system from the spell section because that prevents the camera from going through terrain.
Believe me, it's even harder to play this game when the camera is zooming in and out all the time :)

I have to focus 100% on my 'driving'.
Something's bad about that? :p

Thanks for testing out the map ;)

Kazeon

Level 33
Okay tested it yesterday and my fps improved from 9 to 45-50 fps.
Good!

And I have a hard time with the controls. HAHA
Alright! Some people have same opinions about the control (whereas for me the control is perfect already). So, do you think the control is too fast/slow? Is it about the turn rate or what?

And FYI, in the last version I uploaded here I miscalculated the max speed, it should be 55/2=27.5, but in the map the max speed is 35, which is causing imbalance between the speed and the turn rate. And it will brake the AI as well. I'm sorry for careless update, you know my math skill.

Kazeon

Level 33
Updated to Beta v0.2.7.
(Changelog)
- Fixed bug where ready players are still able to click lobby buttons
- Leaving players are handled correctly now
- Added camera modes
- Added unstuck function
- Improved ability usage restrictions
- Elimination mode is enabled
- Added spectator mode
- Fixed miscalculation of max speed in previous version
- Improved collision
- Race reward is now based on total laps
- Improved in-game instructions
- Balanced gravity factor
- Fixed AI unstuck function bug around the finish line

Kazeon

Level 33
The making of "Dragon Stepway"

1. Basic shaping
wip1.png
2. Indicating the track
wip2.png
3. Basic snow masking
wip3.png
4. Starting on the "temple"
Wip4.png
5. The "temple" has done
Wip5.png
Wip5b.png
6. Final snow masking and decorating - Finished
wip6.png

Kazeon

Level 33
Updated to Beta v0.2.8.
(Changelog)
- Better water placement
- Standarized distance calculation (px to m)
- Distinct icons for different potion sizes
- Decreased potion items' drop rates
- Improved intro cinematic camera
- Wider booster area
- Added wall collision
- Reduced elimination reward restriction
- Booster effect is /temporarily/ disabled
- Improved Read Me
- Balanced some tiles' frictions
- Lap counts are changed to 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10
- Added water splash effect
- Added loading screens (Media Install-ed only)
- Adjusted ricochet z height, no longer floating in air
- Medals is now updated after buying gears/points
- Fixed a bug where certain item is automatically used after acquiring another item
- Fixed braking bug in finish
- Fixed bug where I can't use Rocket 3 item
- Fixed appearing wrong way message when spectating
- Fixed lobby room bug where click sound isn't played on certain conditions
- Fixed undestroyed circuit visibility after race
- Fixed pass event bugs
- Fixed bug where Deg. Gauge can exceeds zero (less than 0)
- Fixed wrong reward calculation
- Fixed on finish fps drop
- New circuit: Dragon Stepway

Status
Not open for further replies.