• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Asian Clans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
PROJECT ASIAN CLANS

I'm making a map about 2 asian clans fighting each other. Game concept is open atm, but theme and atmosphere has been invented. Map's name isn't going to be Asian Main Goal is to make a new interesting combat system with an asian touch. More skill involved, more action, more tactics, and it's deadly as hell. Key word is timing and predicting your opponents moves. Stamina is also included and it affects your effectiness in combat, more tired you are, more badly you do. Most of the combat is done in melee. Asian theme, so no magicians throwing fireballs. That is something what mak
es this interesting. In future I might add some ranged badasses, but now Im focusing on how to make melee more exciting. Feels epic, but it's really quite simple.

As the game concept, like what is this map about anything else than fighting, is really open. Give me your ideas, what you would like to see.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things included in this map

-bloody and gory combats
-new intersting combat system (example below)
-reactive wild life
-more things to come as the map progress
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic Combat system

Combat is about timing and predicting your opponents moves. Its all about skill. A normal melee will turn into a very interesting fight when You actually need to block your enemies attacks by your self. Wounds are deadly and in the worst case you can die to a couple of hits.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reactive wildlife

This basically means your movement affects the neutral animals. So by running in the forrest you might scare the birds and at the same time show your opponent where you are.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This information is a bit too little, check the link below for more information.

Did I rise your interests? Feel free to help.

Request and recruitment thread, It also has some pics and more information of the project:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42342
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map is been made all the time, lack of needed doodads make it not so enjoyable. The reason I dont have a map ready, is becouse I havnt decided the game concept yet. What else could this include than ass whuppin. Well to make everyone happy, I will make a test map for you all to test out the combat system after I have tweaked it. So you can tell me what you think.

PROGRESS:

Triggering:

Basic combat system done, needs testing and tweaking
Reactive wildlife
Map idea testing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEAM:
v3Bu: project leader, mapper, skinner
Diehard@Azeroth: triggerer
Credit list:

KiD-X
YoshiRyu
RED BARON
valkemiere

thanks you for helping me out
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments are welcome!

Last edited:
Level 4
Update:

Map for testing the combat is in good progress. I'm trying to include the atmoshpere in it what I'm planning to do for the finished version (although some of it cannot be added, coz I need the doodads). Other things I'm doing is tweaking the skills and planning the movement and turn speeds, Include some sounds: music and combat. I hope I have something to show you soon.

//reply: ok i remeber that next time

almost tripleposted :)

Heres the pics from my early mapping stages...

Pictures:

Attachments

• earlymapping2.jpg
    earlymapping2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 326
  • earlymapping.jpg
    earlymapping.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Level 4
As soon as Diehard@Azeroth has got a couple of triggers done. Beta version will not be released for a long time (becouse the lack of help). Only a map to test out the combat system.

Level 4
Project is in good status. "We" got a new team member Diehard@Azeroth who does most of the GUI triggering. Soon we will be able to release the demo map.

valkemiere +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.