• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 Beta Key Give Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
/rolls on the floor laughing

are you sure that it was a good idea? its like puting a little child between catholic and evangelic priest

and also...most of the keys will get wasted to people like me...which will launch SC2 three-four times and then put it away >.>

Level 14
/rolls on the floor laughing

are you sure that it was a good idea? its like puting a little child between catholic and evangelic priest

and also...most of the keys will get wasted to people like me...which will launch SC2 three-four times and then put it away >.>

... or it will be given to people who deserve it - like me, who will not only test it and report every tiny bug they can find but also enjoy it alot.

Level 10
Nice work Ralle; I see that you're actually dedicated to keeping a site alive and healthy, and I hope you continue on the same route.

Excuse my language, but how the fuck did you get 100 beta keys?
Most people would kill just to play on a friends key, and YOU get 100?

Blizzard fansites and big gaming sites have been receiving BETA keys this month. Most notably Team Liquid with 500, and CVG with 1500. Also, many of the gaming stores offer BETA keys if you pre-order off them.

Excuse my language, but how the fuck did you get 100 beta keys?
Most people would kill just to play on a friends key, and YOU get 100?

I think it's quite obvious.

ralle said:
Good news! Blizzard has accepted us as a SC2 community. And.. that comes with benefits!

I received 100 SC2 beta keys today

Level 8
>_<
Ralle, you have no idea what kind of hoops i will jump through to get a BETA key for Starcraft II. Excuse my horrible language but... I will eat eyeballs, no wait, i will eat raw cow testicles to get one of those BETA Keys, litterally eat them.
disgusting, i know ><, but dozens of others here will do the same im sure...
if i do happen to "win" one of these contests, i will immediately get the beta and play faithfully as a mascot of Hive, representing you fully and reporting all advantages/disadvantages of every unit... somewhere on hive...
>_> so whens the next contest coming? :p

Level 22
Hehe I knew Blizzard wouldnt miss the biggest mapmaking website. Just as I thought they were waiting for the month when GE will be out, which will be important for all here, and at this month of the awesome GE coming, they decided to give out for THW. Gl and bring life to the custom games list, cause atm some lame hosts that host/think they host but they cant melee games that I would say - better play melee in ladder.

Level 5
Man I wish I had a Beta Key, Tho I admit that I'm more of a fantasy player than a science fiction. I would like to see if my laptop can handle SC2

If my laptop has no trouble with WC3 i hope SC2 isn't a problem(it isnt a gaming laptop)

I can't paly online due to port blockers...but i love single palyer campaigns.

(I also admit that i'd probably only buy SC2 to play custom games)

I won a key yesterday, and I instantly dled & tested.
I must say, the music is sometimes really good, sometimes really bad.
The graphical design is fantastic.
The UI and the whole game is noobfriendly, but there is no mod to play against vs computer, neither to play singleplayer. (So I lost a round because of rush)

Anyway, I will really wait for the GE to come out, since I don't really like the SC II melee theory without heroes and items.

Level 6
I won a key yesterday, and I instantly dled & tested.
I must say, the music is sometimes really good, sometimes really bad.
The graphical design is fantastic.
The UI and the whole game is noobfriendly, but there is no mod to play against vs computer, neither to play singleplayer. (So I lost a round because of rush)

Anyway, I will really wait for the GE to come out, since I don't really like the SC II melee theory without heroes and items.

Most SC players hated Heroes and Items, so, don't suggest it on the Beta Forums. Also, that's why they are out of Melee. They WILL rip you apart as I've seen many, many, many, many WC3 players have been. Just a friendly word of warning there.

Anyway, even with the Galaxy Editor, if you're not into melee, you may not want to be in Beta because that is what they are primarily testing for.

Also, you can play against the computer, just click on "create game" and then "+AI" above your player slot. Be sure to drag the Computer down to the other team if you're playing a 2v2 map. Anyway, you can test builds that way.

Level 22
Aegis, you should see TeamLiquid forums. For them SC is a religion, War3 is like what they need to hate the most. They would come to WCR to say how better RTS SC1 is (LOL). As for Blizzard forums - I visited them until I got in beta. I never visit those forums, lots of trolls/flammers, it's a heaven for them. And since I hate such, I bashed, got banned from the forum twice, dont care, got in beta, again would never visit those blizzard forums. However when I got in beta and won a pre-order, I gg-fied them with that news.

Beta forums are a little different, they cant flame or they will get banned but they can still troll in a mannered way. Anyway since my suggestions for melee improvements made lot of point, no1 even tried to troll me, knowing I was right. I wouldn't use those forums anymore, though.

Level 6
Very true. I was just pointing something out as a friendly warning. I like Warcraft 3. But I also like Starcraft evenly. So, I have no qualms. However, I don't want Heroes/items in Melee. :/

Level 15
Who cares about DotA? That has nothing to do with this thread...

I have to admit that 3 years ago i was obssesed with DotA that's until i got 2nd in my country's tournament.

I was dissapointed so much...(so many hours, all those games..) and they just forgot us(me and my team).

They only cared for the first ones...since then i never played DotA again.

Level 20
Right, when will be seeing the first ones?

I don't mean to sound pushy, but we don't know when the beta will end, if they haven't given out all the keys in a couple of weeks, some may go to waste :/

Amazon.com has declared their pre-order keys will go 'through' till may 17th, this may be an assumption/prediction, but it get's my point across.

And if it's normal contest timing, that would render the winners with... 5 days at best?

Level 25
At first I thought I'd be able to wait for StarCraft II's release and not care for a BETA key...

Then I found out that BETA testers get their greasy hands on the long-awaited Galaxy Editor! Now I really want it... how ironic. If I get BETA access, I'd likely be modding a SC2:WoW mod for it more than actually playing the game online. So if you want to see what SC2:WoW would look like, you know who to send it to. :wink:

Oh and I'll still love you Ralle if I don't get a piece of beta key cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.