• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
These past two months have been completely horrible, first I had the unfortunate dishonor of announcing that we had been getting hacked, and after lots of pain staking nights, I managed to fix that. Shortly after my eyes were slightly opened to the situation going on on the site with Rui, I had the unfortunate dishonor yet again of confronting him and having to let him go. I still care about him and I won’t forget what he has done for the site.

The Rui situation had shaken me up quite a bit, finally allowing me to open my eyes to a much greater problem that has been plaguing the site for many years, I am mostly at fault because this all got past me, even though staff members have been getting reported for a long time, I have constantly given them chance after chance, and after so long I just decided enough was enough, we are extremely close to hive 2.0 and the site deserves better than most of the staff that it had. I could not have done it without a close friend of mine, The Dark Wizard who I would like everyone to welcome to the staff, please give him the respect that he deserves. Below are the staff changes that have been implemented recently.

Promoted:
The Dark Wizard: Community Moderator
Vengeancekael: Chat Moderator

Those who resigned:
Joe-Black-5
Billy The Cat
M0rbid will be resigning when a replacement is found

Demoted for being detrimental to the site’s health and well-being.
Rui - Former Administrator
anarchianbedlam - Former Moderator
DonDustin - Former Moderator
Dr Super Good - Former Moderator
Pyritie - Former Moderator

There will most likely be more resignations over the coming days, I encourage everyone to do what they feel is right, but I also have to do what I feel is right and my decision will not be overturned. This is not the end here though, we are already looking at new possible candidates for staff positions, and I will be considering the amount of staff required to run the site, one of the other main reasons for this happening for so many years, besides people abusing my leniency is that our current system requires too many users to properly function. I will be shifting the site to a smaller staff policy, and please do not contact me or any other site staff member that you want to be promoted or feel that you are best for the job, I will instantly reject you. If you get an invitation from me, we will discuss it more then.

~Keep on Mooseing,
Ralle

PS: If you feel that a staff member has stepped out of line and wronged you please do not continue further engaging with the individual in question and immediately contact me by using admin contact or if you prefer something more private, you may use the contact us at the bottom of the site or send me a PM directly,. Screenshots or other types of evidence will help greatly, do not be afraid if it’s an administrator or moderator, just come straight to me. Help me, help you make this the community we all want it to be.

PSS: This thread will stay open but if it falls down hill like the Rui announcement it will immediately be locked. Let us keep this civil ladies and gentlemen, for a greater more brighter future.

Last edited:
Level 22
Joe-Black was a nice guy but I saw how many spammy threads and crap slipped through him in the offtopic. Good choice for the less staff, it always felt like too many ppl are some moderators and admins. Still don't understand DSG's demotion again.

Whenever you put moderators and stuff there needs to be people who are into the thing, not just 'Hey let's put Kwah as moderator of SC2's section because we need a person there' - some guys like Joe Black and Kwah never ever touched that game and were moderating some SC sections - never seen them even posting there after sc2 beta. Speaking of which Kwah I think is doing nothing and barely shows up, imo needs to be in that list.

And DSG was the only one that really knew his thing in SC2 section, do you realize that there is no other person helping with the SC2 editor if DSG quit doing that, hello 0 replies threads and people moving elsewhere where enough people can help them with their problems.

So all hope that he will still continue helping, for those who use THW to get help, I pretty much use other place, so it's not about me. /Drama

Last edited:
Level 35
DSG is one of the few ones that I actually understand, but you and DSG are very much alike, I do believe, so perhaps your misunderstanding can be understood

DSG was problematic in fields such as dealing with people

When it came to the actual work, I've heard he was very good, but he wasn't great when it came to actually talking to people and not coming off as a bit of a problem in that respect

But that does leave the question, who else will take care of the Starcraft 2 section? Well, we did have a new user from SC2Mapster who is actually a moderator there, but I somehow doubt that they would want to be a moderator in two sites, as being a moderator on one site could be difficult enough

Level 22
So Pyritie is also on the 'unhealthy-for-thw' list. I know why, back then I talked to Ralle about his actions towards me and global ignore is harsher than any ban. I know I wasn't very nice either but still, Py refused to answer me when I asked him. So Ralle seems to have taken actions eventually, I'm sure Ralle had that in mind when deciding about Py. The thing is, pwnies came, around Py's thread I became a brony and I started liking Pyritie for keeping up the bronies around, I even saw him as the Brony Admin under whose wings we all bronies get protected. Now you see why Friendship Is Magic.

I am saying Wazz, as a result of FiM I would have prefered Pyritie to stay around for keeping us bronies, so I am not bad-mouthing, just the opposite, no need to overreact, no one is bashing anyone. And No I didn't feel I should post again just to answer you.

Pyritie wanted to leave long time ago, it's just formality now.

Now just to make it clear, I don't try to protect anyone or stand for someone, message is directed to you users.

Guys please, all those people you disrespect now and speak bad about them, they just don't deserve that. They sacrificed their time, had big responsibility and pressure on their shoulders just for 1 thing, to improve this site to better one, the point is that the way they did it after some time become different from what Ralle wanted/needed/still need.

You cry because admin replayed to your message with 1 line of text. Guys understand that we get over 10 messages a day, all over forum, sometimes we can't spare enough time so we reply as fast as possible with the basic info you need to know. And those are just messages, simple questions, where are other things.

It's really sad to see this, now when I think about it, after everything I do will become useless as soon as staff take off my powers.

Level 26
Ralle said:
PS: If you feel that a staff member has stepped out of line and wronged you please do not continue further engaging with the individual in question and immediately contact me by using admin contact or if you prefer something more private, you may use the contact us at the bottom of the site or send me a PM directly,. Screenshots or other types of evidence will help greatly, do not be afraid if it’s an administrator or moderator, just come straight to me. Help me, help you make this the community we all want it to be.

Hello community. As many of you have noticed, there were a couple of demotions lately. The leader of the staff did not wanted you, the people of the hive workshop, know anything about it.
But in my opinion this is wrong. It is wrong that the "thw goverment" is hiding information from you. You usually only notice incidents like this in corrupt countries, in nations, that are suppressed by a dictatorsship.
I always hoped that thw would work with a democratic system. In this system the "peons" should have the opportunity to explain their issues and give advice and suggestions. And that "peons" also get the chance to become part of the staff, if they work hard, if they care about thw, enough for it.
In wc3 the workers ALWAYS were the foundation. Without the worker, you could not build new buildings for better units, without builders, there would be no farms, meaning a low population of units.
The purpose of the other units wasfighting and instructing. They also specialize into certain fields, like magic, support, dmg, etc. The purpose of the heroes was leading the fights and turning the tides.
The Hive Workshop also works in that way, but the hero forgot 1 thing in the last 2 days: he needs the units to cover him and take the dmg. If he sacrifize them, he will die.
The thw staff is a really dirty place.To some degree I can understand that information should not distributed to the community, like concrete information about thw2 or even pctures of the possible design.
Not to keep it away from you, but to keep the tention, to keep the surprise. On the other hand I CANNOT understand why information about the demotion of certain mods should stay in the mods lobby. You, the community, is not dumb. You see when a mod is demoted and it natural that questions occur. You want to know why the mod, who helped you with your mapping, modeling, drawing, etc problems got demoted, because he always seemed to care about you.
Rui got demoted, because Ralle said, that he cannot trust him anymore. The Rui case is, that he was a problematic person sometimes, with his own ideas how to treat a certain problem and caused some discussion under the staff, because not everybody agreed on his opinion. 1 case I still remember is: ike_ike created an icon of the troll face meme and calle it btndebode and an icon showing a flag called BTNfag. Rui removed those icons without telling ike any reason plus it was not even his section. You may say Rui acted in self justice, because it would be the job of an icons mod to remove it and to state a reason. But on the other hand Rui also saw an offense in it and acted for the good of thw. You may say that Rui had his own head how to treat issues, but he still always cared fot thw and for its users.

But now back to the main issue: the corruption and the lack of trust of the leaders into their moderators.
yesterday I got this email from Ralle:

Ralle said:
Hello DonDustin

I am contacting you today because over the time of your career on The Hive Workshop, you have been reported, for being rude/power abusing/not handling situations when you are supposed to and instead fueling the fire. This is partially my fault for always being busy but I am back now, and I expect you to behave in accordance with the rules, one more report and you will be demoted without warning but I do hope it won’t come to that because I believe in you.

~Keep on Mooseing,
Ralle

and this was my response:

DonDustin said:
errrrr.....how many centuries ago did I get that report??o_O

I think I got reported once on the forum around 3 years ago, when we got just another discussion about the legalisation of wow models. And around 3 reports/kicks/bans on the chat room for posting funny pictures 2 times and writing C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER.

but now the story continues with a long chat conversation:

[21-54-21] Devine has joined the channel
[21-54-34] Devine: Rui is out?
[21-54-37] Devine: lol
[21-55-02] Joe-black-5: Devine, we are not allowed to talk about it, else, we'll follow
[21-55-12] Joe-black-5: sooooooooooo, let's not ;_;
[21-55-59] Devine: What the fuck? Lol.
[21-56-10] DonDustin: Devine, basicly: every mod who got reported at least once in his thw history is about to get demoted once he gets a report again for certain reasons....
[21-56-12] Devine: let's /w
[21-56-34] Devine: DonDustin, you got reported my dear lad?
[21-56-50] DonDustin: Devine, i guess like 4 years ago
[21-56-54] DonDustin: once
[21-57-14] DonDustin: and ralle wrote a rage mail to any mod who got reported once
[21-57-18] Devine: I've been a member of this forum for almost 5 years and the highest rank I ever had was minimod.
[21-57-28] Devine: got demoted for saying penis in the chat : (
[21-57-42] Vengeancekael: how DARE you
[21-57-45] The Dark Wizard: DonDustin, Should you be talking about that in public?
[21-57-45] Devine: DonDustin, haha you got one?
[21-58-13] DonDustin: The Dark Wizard, i really dont care, I don't see why our community should not to be allowed to know that
[21-58-38] Dratz: DonDustin, <3
[22-00-50] Vengeancekael: Could we please stop discussing this
[22-01-06] Joe-black-5: yus
[22-01-10] Devine: Question arises: why?
[22-01-16] Joe-black-5: things are unstable right now in hive
[22-01-26] Joe-black-5: Devine, because you'll get banned and get us banned with you DX
[22-01-43] Kuhneghetz: It's been unstable for a long while.
[22-01-43] DonDustin has been banned by The Dark Wizard for 24 seconds.
[22-01-43] You have been banned from this channel

[22-06-23] DonDustin: wat [22-01-43] DonDustin has been banned by The Dark Wizard for 24 seconds.
[22-06-25] Rejoining
[22-06-28] Joined
[22-06-28] GhostWolf: [23-01-41]DonDustin has been banned for 24 seconds by The Dark Wizard
[22-06-28] GhostWolf: What now?
[22-06-28] HINDYhat: I don't really know, lol.
[22-06-32] DonDustin: wat
[22-06-32] The Dark Wizard: I don't understand
[22-06-34] DonDustin: [22-01-43] DonDustin has been banned by The Dark Wizard for 24 seconds.
[22-06-38] DonDustin: neither do I
[22-06-48] The Dark Wizard: I have no idea what happened
[22-07-15] Joe-black-5: DonDustin, I am still scratching my head, I don't drink and might be drunk
[22-07-23] DonDustin: Reason: For discussing moderator stuff and telling people he got a rage PM from Ralle
[22-07-33] DonDustin: for some reason you were able to ban me D:
[22-07-59] Joe-black-5: dunno if it's moderator's stuff

[22-10-10] DonDustin: so ye
[22-10-24] DonDustin: now that I got chat banned it will be my last day as a thw mod
[22-10-37] DonDustin: always was a pleasure to do that job
[22-10-54] DonDustin: I hope they can find a good replacement for me
[22-10-57] DonDustin: but I doubt so
[22-11-34] DonDustin: and thank you for that ban the dark wizard
[22-13-22] DonDustin: NOW REALLY RALLE
[22-13-34] DonDustin: AWESOME THAT YOU USE SOME UNDERCOVER DUDE FOR CHAT
[22-13-42] DonDustin: INSTEAD OF TRUSTING YOUR STAFF
[22-13-46] DonDustin: HAVE FUN
[22-13-51] DonDustin: WITHOUT ME IN FUTURE
[22-14-22] DonDustin: INSTEAD OF GIVING SOME GOOD DUYS LIKE VENGEANCEKAEL THE NEEDED POWERS YOU JUST ADD SOME UNDERCOVER GUYS
[22-14-33] DonDustin: AWESOME THAT I CANNOT TRUST ANYBODY AT THW ANYMORE
[22-14-37] DonDustin: THANK YOU
[22-14-42] leet.firefox: IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY
[22-14-48] DonDustin: REALLY THANK YOU FOR ABUSING MY TRUST
[22-15-05] Vengeancekael: DonDustin, Could you stop now
[22-15-16] DonDustin: TIME TO BAN THE DARK WIZARD FOR POWER ABUSE
[22-15-20] Joe-black-5 backstabs Dondustin with a knife
[22-15-26] DonDustin: instead of just talking to me
[22-15-27] DonDustin: -.-
[22-15-54] The Dark Wizard: DonDustin, ?
[22-16-50] The user The Dark Wizard has been reported.
[22-17-11] DonDustin: ok, as I am a good mod who cares for the users I have only written a report
[22-19-11] Joe-black-5: DonDustin, report the incident, I'll support you

The Rui case discussed:

[22-24-12] Magtheridon96: We lost him. Rui is banned from the entire chat, the entire forum, and now we have no way of contacting him.
[22-30-47] Asomath: Magtheridon96, Wait woah what, he was banned? I thought he was just demoted
[22-31-09] Vengeancekael: Asomath, Please do not discuss it here
[22-31-39] Asomath: Vengeancekael, right
[22-32-01] Vladadamm: Asomath, seems as if he's banned

[22-34-23] Joe-black-5: DonDustin, oh god, hope you keep joining chat D:
[22-36-05] DonDustin: Joe-black-5, i better take that conversation to private before I get a perma ban
[22-36-22] DonDustin: yes, I will keep joining chat and thw forum
[22-36-45] DonDustin: but I decided that I won't add any effort into this site to keep my section clean

[22-38-28] DonDustin has been banned by The Dark Wizard for 0 seconds.
[00-03-19] You are banned from this channel
[00-03-19] Reason: I was told to ban him by Ralle for 0 seconds
[00-03-19] Time left until unban: Never
[00-03-19] Not allowed to join channel

tl;dr: O got permabanned from chat for telling my fellow Devine what happened to Rui, because he got a right to know it.
Additionally Ralle spitted on the trust of us mods by installing his own spy chat mods along the "normal" users without even telling us.
I can understand that it was a good idea to have peons with chat powers and maybe not revealing their names, but he should have at least told us about that addition, because een the chat mods did not know anything about it.

And that proof of mistrust brought me to the decission to resign from my postion as a models and packs mod. How can I trust our leader if he does not trust me?
But the story continues:

Ralle said:
Hello DonDustin
You have been demoted today, because you have greatly stepped out of line, I had instructed to not everyone discuss staff related material outside of our area and yet you preceeded to tell users about my moderator warnings and even tell them that they were rage mails. Please don't bother responding back to this because this decision won't be overturned. You said that I did not trust the staff, that is why I had spies. Me having a secret user was completely justificed and that was proven today by your actions.

~Keep on Mooseing,
Ralle

and my response:

DonDustin said:
Are you serious, Ralle? I really don't see why the community is not allowed to know this. During WW2 or in dictatorships the folk also suffers from lack of information. I always hoped that THW acts in a democratic way, but you just proved me wrong in the last 2 days.

~Keep on Suppressing
DonDustin

To sum it up for you:
Chancellor Palpatine revealed himself as Darth Sidius. All I wanted was bringing the community the truth about all the mods drama and an excuse from Ralle.
All I've got is a perma ban from chat and some bad feelings about the future of the hive workshop.

And now to end it:
There are many awesome mods still around. You can trust them, they do an amazing job and I'm sure they will keep trying to help you with your problems.
I am also sorry for Frankster, who has to take care all alone now for the models and the packs section.
And I am sorry for all the models maker whose models I cannot moderate any longer. Don't be discouraged from creating your awesome stuff. I will try my best to still review it and tell my advice anf suggestions.

The Dark Knight said:
Batman: You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I can do those things. Because I'm not a hero, not like Dent. I killed those people. That's what I can be.
Lt. James Gordon: No, no, you can't! You're *not*!
Batman: I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be.
[cut to Gordon at Dent's funeral]
Lt. James Gordon: A hero. Not the hero we deserved but the hero we needed. Nothing less than a knight. Shining.
[Gordon is shown on top of Gotham Central. An axe is in his hand. He is being watched by an assortment of reporters and police officers. The next lines are heard in voiceover]
Lt. James Gordon: They'll hunt you.
Batman: You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me. Set the dogs on me.
[Gordon takes the axe to the bat light]
Batman: Because that's what needs to happen.
Batman: [Alfred is shown burning the note from Rachel] Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more.
[We see Lucius Fox type his name into the sonar machine. The machinery around him sparks and the sonar screen fades out. Lucius smiles and walks away]
Batman: Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

got permabanned from chat for telling my fellow Devine what happened to Rui, because he got a right to know it.

I was permanently banned from the Chat for mentioning the name of the admin that was demoted at first, and I'm not saying the name ever again because it seems that his name has become this unspeakable term that you will be punished for saying.
The moderator that banned me even claimed to have warned me before, but I was not addressed at all.
I don't have the logs to prove it, but I don't care if you believe me or not.

Level 22
Where is takekenjiii he was talking about ILLUMINATI! Omg he's right! They do exist, in HiveWorshop! Whisleblower, Whilseblower! Send the Men In Black to deal with the whistleblower! :D

On a serious note

I think older members should have certain privileges towards newer ones, especially the oldest ones. I am not talking about access to Staff Drama - I have been global mod at some very big forum for all Blizz games that died several years ago and there was Staff Only forum there as well. Meaning whatever is for staff only, should remain staff only discussion.

So I support the need to keep some staff discussions only in their private forum, I don't really care or need to know about these things and I am sure many don't need to either.

I am talking about some other info like Hive 2.0 and stuff, I don't like to be treated equally with newer members!

Ok and furthermore, I am telling you, sometimes some Admins need to be related to the game they do:

Pyritie was doing lots of brony stuff
Rui was doing the SC2 related news

DSG was the ONLY one helping in the SC2 Editor section. If he stops doing that, the place becomes dead. I assure you - no one else will help with the threads there, all because no one else was willing to do like some of us did and became lazy to learn smth that is not Quantum Physics such as the new editor... And no one else knows as much as DSG about the editor and the guys at SC2Mapster know times more than DSG, so you get the point - all because no one even tried to get into this game, no need to make an illusion, there is no sc2 mapmaking here, Hive 2.0 without people to do the stuff won't change a thing. And contrary to what some clueless persons such as Riot say that ther is no mapmaking in sc2, go see sc2 devoted sites please... don't judge by THW and UDMOD..

Which is why my critics to doing a mapmaking on a game that... no one follows outside Hiveworkshop. I like war3 I've been 7 years into it, but it's time has come. Forget that some Asians coming here to make maps cause I saw majority are Asians play war3 cause they can't buy 1 game and do so in Garena. This is no criteria of war3's activity.

SC2 is the new war3. Quit fantacizing with War4 and things never even mentioned just misunderstood. My offer is change the focus to sc2, forget about the 'lost souls' that still play war3, that's no criteria, the game needs a change. That much I will say and offer.

Level 35
That does seem pretty unfair, getting permanently banned for mentioning another user that got permanently banned (i would like to say that goes with common sense, but it usually doesn't, and there's often more to it than that).

But perhaps there is more to that. I'm sure Ralle would be more than willing to discuss this with us in a well-mannered fashion, but if we allow ourselves to be aggressive about it, we won't get anywhere.

Of course, if we maintain a lack of aggression and Ralle still chooses not to speak to us about it, there is not much we can do other than leave the site and watch the community dwindle.

@eImtoR: You are treated equally with new members because we are all the Peons of the hive. It doesn't matter if you've been a Peon for 7 years or 7 days, a Peon is a Peon, and it doesn't make users any more qualified on various matters just because they have been here for longer.

Level 35
It's not even so much about older users being treated 'down' with the newer users, but more so about the newer users being treated equally among the rest of us so they can find their place in the community and contribute in their own way.

Even if they don't contribute anything other than adding to the community, that is still a contribution in its own right, and hopefully the community will continue to flourish.

Back to the original topic, I did sense a shift in power was required in some aspects, but didn't think it would be one of this size. However, this opens up the doors for newer users to become staff members, too, which would be great in some regards, but very difficult in others.

Level 22
@eImtoR: You are treated equally with new members because we are all the Peons of the hive. It doesn't matter if you've been a Peon for 7 years or 7 days, a Peon is a Peon, and it doesn't make users any more qualified on various matters just because they have been here for longer.

Hah, I disagree. Whether it would be removing that silly peon Icon, cause I am a Spectre, not a peon or multi repping which for some reason I never could do, or custom title color or some bigger file size avatar, getting INFO about Hive 2.0 - for example seeing things that other members do not - some forums do it, they give older members more than new ones, and it's normal to do so..

I disagree with this because if you are a noob, you will feel noob. Why don't I feel bad when I am new to a forum and others can do things I can't? I am an Elitist but that's because I see people can do better but they prefer to be lazy and dumb.

Level 9
this sounds like dreaming about some new world order wherein people don't say badwords and people love each other and they don't make each other realize that each and every one of us are idiots.

This "Moving Forward" is trying to get away from reality and is similar to some historical movements (Mao Zedong's "Great Leap Forward") that ended up looking wrong, the leaders actually fucking up the active community, liquidizing prominent people (another commie reference: Stalin). Though it's very understandable since the Hive was an Autocracy in the first place.

Despite me posting enough material that could get me banned for eternity, i'm going to keep clean for awhile to see if this new "Hive 2.0" utopia is really existent.

though if I get banned and/or this post get deleted, i'm taking screenies!

Level 35
While you might disagree, what gives you more right than a new user to have the same privileges? Other than being here for a long time, obviously, which is not a reason in its own right.

Anybody could make an account, not do anything for up to 8 years, come back and demand that they get special privileges.

While there are things that should be kept in Staff Discussion, users being banned for mentioning things that are typically left to staff discussion is sketchy. Of course, perhaps DonDustin was an exception, as he was a staff member talking about such matters in the public channel (whether or not he was a moderator at the time is information that I do not know), but even so, it's not going to look too good if you're banning users for 'talking too much'.

ANYWAY, we have not heard much from Ralle recently, so perhaps he could be given a chance to say his side?

(what was this post originally about i just want to get back to my modding)

this sounds like dreaming about some new world order wherein people don't say badwords and people love each other and they don't make each other realize that each and every one of us are idiots.

This "Moving Forward" is trying to get away from reality and is similar to some historical movements (Mao Zedong's "Great Leap Forward") that ended up looking wrong, the leaders actually fucking up the active community, liquidizing prominent people (another commie reference: Stalin). Though it's very understandable since the Hive was an Autocracy in the first place.

Despite me posting enough material that could get me banned for eternity, i'm going to keep clean for awhile to see if this new "Hive 2.0" utopia is really existent.

though if I get banned and/or this post get deleted, i'm taking screenies!

4charlimit

Level 22
While you might disagree, what gives you more right than a new user to have the same privileges? Other than being here for a long time, obviously, which is not a reason in its own right.

Did you read the part saying many forums do it, and the examples I gave above, I've been here for year after year and I certainly don't like being like any new member. It is commonly done on many forums older members to be able to do more things than newer ones, you are defending that because you are... new. Old School forever!

As I said good luck making this a sc2 place, a new hive won't do without people for it, I am especially against the demotion of DSG
DSG was the ONLY one helping in the SC2 Editor section. If he stops doing that, the place becomes dead. I assure you - no one else will help with the threads there, all because no one else was willing to do like some of us did and became lazy to learn smth that is not Quantum Physics such as the new editor... And no one else knows as much as DSG about the editor and the guys at SC2Mapster know times more than DSG, so you get the point - all because no one even tried to get into this game, no need to make an illusion, there is no sc2 mapmaking here, Hive 2.0 without people to do the stuff won't change a thing. And contrary to what some clueless persons such as Riot say that ther is no mapmaking in sc2, go see sc2 devoted sites please... don't judge by THW and UDMOD..

Which is why my critics to doing a mapmaking on a game that... no one follows outside Hiveworkshop. I like war3 I've been 7 years into it, but it's time has come. Forget that some Asians coming here to make maps cause I saw majority are Asians play war3 cause they can't buy 1 game and do so in Garena. This is no criteria of war3's activity.

SC2 is the new war3. Quit fantacizing with War4 and things never even mentioned just misunderstood. My offer is change the focus to sc2, forget about the 'lost souls' that still play war3, that's no criteria, the game needs a change. That much I will say and offer.

I forsee, this thread will be closed, anyway post before Ralle comes, say what you have to say! Now fun has been doubled!

Level 9
Did you read the part saying many forums do it, and the examples I gave above, I've been here for year after year and I certainly don't like being like any new member. It is commonly done on many forums older members to be able to do more things than newer ones, you are defending that because you are... new. Old School forever!

I forsee, this thread will be closed, anyway post before Ralle comes, say what you have to say!

As I said good luck making this a sc2 place, a new hive won't do, I am especially against the demotion of DSG

that goes against this site "Moving Forward".

giving you more privileges since you're old? ha. what an elitist.

not only is this place a cronyism, it's also an Elitist society after that.

Level 22
that goes against this site "Moving Forward".

giving you more privileges since you're old? ha. what an elitist.

not only is this place a cronyism, it's also an Elitist society after that.

I said on the previous page, I am an Elitist you are correct, but elitism makes you objective, a lot of good things and most importantly - a NON-Retard. Example:

I do not think sc2 sucks because the editor annoys me or modeling is harder - instead I try to learn and improve it
I do not call better players than me 'nerds' and esports bad, just because I suck and am not as good as them. Instead I shut up and try to get better.

Away from games:

I do not think life sucks because I am not as happy as I would be if all I wanted was here, instead I try to achieve it, Life is a Competition

Same with the forum - Someone can do forum things I can't? Try to become like him - ACHIEVE IT! Life is a Competition. And similar to threads in SC2 Blizzard forums - I can't PLAY PLS NERF RACE whatever... Instead of nerfing race, try getting better and beat it???

And noobs - they only whine and want everything to balance for them instead of them moving their asses. So tell me Elitism is bad.

In before DRRRRAMARAMA /Closed

Level 22
Good. So let's stay with war3 for another 10 years or hope than one day War4 will come... because someone JUST STARTED war3 or is Asian who only Plays War3 so let's all play war3 because of that, or someone else is die hard and was or in their mother's womb 10 years ago... The thing is with removing those two guys and DSG specially they removed basically the one person that could help with the editor.

If you haven't paid attention this site states 'warcraft 3 AND Starcraft 2' mapmaking site unless this is just a big lie or an illusion because no wonder no one felt its presence. So far few people decided to take a challenge and learn a new and harder thing such as the new editor and the Staff so far did nothing to bring it more SC2 oriented, Rui did start doing some things but he got removed, now remove the only other person doing anything in that section.

Level 7
War4 will probably never come, or at least it'll have an really obscure story because of the things that happen in WoW (pretty much everyone in the main cast (of War3) is dead... i think. I don't follow the story that well (or at all)). I think the best is to just rush somehow into SC2 or go check out other forums with SC2 development threads etc. and learn from them. To keep up, the only option is not to abandon SC2, War3 just looks less professional and more like a hobby. It's 2012, and we yet can't figure out an editor that came out 2 years ago.

Level 28
Good. So let's stay with war3 for another 10 years or hope than one day War4 will come... because someone JUST STARTED war3 or is Asian who only Plays War3 so let's all play war3 because of that, or someone else is die hard and was or in their mother's womb 10 years ago... The thing is with removing those two guys and DSG specially they removed basically the one person that could help with the editor. So good fucking luck.

You're not the only one disappointed on DSG being demoted, I'm actually wanna try SCII and was supposed to ask help from DSG but I thought he will still help people on SCII section since he is not banned but this statement just killed it.

It is not my problem anymore.

Good. So let's stay with war3 for another 10 years or hope than one day War4 will come... because someone JUST STARTED war3 or is Asian who only Plays War3 so let's all play war3 because of that, or someone else is die hard and was or in their mother's womb 10 years ago... The thing is with removing those two guys and DSG specially they removed basically the one person that could help with the editor. So good fucking luck.

You can leave if you don't like it, but over the majority here supports Warcraft 3, still. We might move onto Starcraft 2 at some point, but I see that highly unlikely.

Level 22
I love eimtor and his rant.

At least it makes him feel special. even though he's not.

And I love how you are so new and acting already as if you know everybody to be talking snap about me. Yes I am more special than anyone newer here and I am not talking about anything unusual and specially for me but for everyone older, as I said it is done on other forums. As for what happens here and will you do more sc2 as well as the offer for more options for older members such as already done on other places, I COULDN'T CARE LESS to be a rant it was just a suggestion for Moving Forward and last call for it. Last one, yes. So don't mess in things that are not your concern, kid.

Level 28
Knowledge is not always good. I shouldn't have read this. The Hive is... going down in my eyes now. I can't really decide on which side to stay, cuz Ralle may be right and the recently demoted moderators may be right too. I can't know if you former moderators ever offended someone, but from what I can tell, it seems people liked you and never said anything against you. And Ralle, well he does act like Darth Sidious but it could be for the good of the Hive. Even if I'm a silly deceived peon, I wanna stay in the Hive, cuz man... this is the place for Warcraft III, one of the best games ever. There is no better community for this. So I think I'll act like Anakin and join the "light" side. I hope new moderators are cool, like you were guys (names I won't say, cuz well they kinda lead to a bann). I just don't understand why Joe-black-5 left and why M0rbid will be leaving soon too.

eImtoR, everybody is special. Everyone is unique, not only in the Hive. But you shouldn't try to prove it to them, people can see it from your actions and... reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.