[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Town Hall > Latest Updates and News

Latest Updates and News All news and announcements regarding the site and its activities will be posted here to inform our community.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User Rui
the Homophobic titan

Rui has a brilliant future (1434)Rui has a brilliant future (1434)Rui has a brilliant future (1434)Rui has a brilliant future (1434)Rui has a brilliant future (1434)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
Blizz News Awaiting patch 1.5 and MLG Championship — SC2 action!

For those of you who enjoy watching e-sports occasionally but have not kept updated, the MLG Winter Championship is here. Without further detours, here is the MLG live page, from which you can watch great StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty action given to you by many of the best players on the world!

Patch 1.5 is being prepared for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.

Quote:
Blizzard Quote

This patch represents the first steps towards the release of our first expansion for StarCraft II, Heart of the Swarm, and will include numerous upgrades and fixes throughout the game. One of the most significant additions will be the all new Arcade feature which includes improved custom game visibility, ratings, reviews, game instructions, screenshot support, and more. Patch 1.5 will also include significant improvements throughout the overall user interface, streaming support, antialiasing, editor and modding upgrades, new art tools, and more. Well go into further details about these features in future developer updates. In this update, I would like to provide some insight into the thinking and motivation behind a few of the upcoming changes.

Read everything here.

EDIT: And yes I know I'm late and this isn't too complete, but Archian had posted the Diablo III news and I didn't want to trample over it. Also, I'm in a hurry right now.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Vengeancekael
Hi!

Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2121)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2121)Vengeancekael has a reputation beyond repute (2121)
Merit Badge: Level 1: Community's Excellence: Reflects ideal social skills and a bonding power that would bring peace even among the Horde and the Alliance. Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. User of the Year: 2012 
Yay patch 1.5! :D Although you're a bit late.
(oh and y u no remove signature)
Old 03-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Darklycan51
War3/DotA2/SC2/TwoA/Gaias

Darklycan51 has little to show at this moment (38)Darklycan51 has little to show at this moment (38)Darklycan51 has little to show at this moment (38)Darklycan51 has little to show at this moment (38)
finally good stuff in sc2 patch
Old 03-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Deolrin
Heavy... And metal.

Resource Moderator

Deolrin has a brilliant future (1893)Deolrin has a brilliant future (1893)Deolrin has a brilliant future (1893)Deolrin has a brilliant future (1893)
Wooo! Art Tools! :D
Old 03-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User Rui
the Homophobic titan

Rui has a brilliant future (1434)Rui has a brilliant future (1434)Rui has a brilliant future (1434)Rui has a brilliant future (1434)Rui has a brilliant future (1434)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
I don't know everything that could be done with Magos, but wasn't it mostly animation transference and simple model edits? To accomplish the dream of many of making an universal WarCraft medieval mod, we're going to need more than just simple model edits.

DRG(Z) vs Marineking(T) coming up on MLG!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Darklycan51 has little to show at this moment (38)Darklycan51 has little to show at this moment (38)Darklycan51 has little to show at this moment (38)Darklycan51 has little to show at this moment (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ınᴚ View Post
I don't know everything that could be done with Magos, but wasn't it mostly animation transference and simple model edits? To accomplish the dream of many of making an universal WarCraft medieval mod, we're going to need more than just simple model edits.

DRG(Z) vs Marineking(T) coming up on MLG!
yeah but remember that after they release art tools most programers will start making programs like the art tools but more complex since they already got the basics.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User Miss_Foxy
Don't Mess With The Fox

Miss_Foxy is just really nice (318)Miss_Foxy is just really nice (318)
It really sounds great, hehe Blizzard's making awesome progress lately!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User andreasaspenberg
User

andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (73)andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (73)
i hope that the patch gets to the european servers soon.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Statharas
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (438)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (438)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (438)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (438)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (438)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (438)
new art tools, and more.

The hive dying? Blergh, it's getting reanimated.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User Dr Super Good
Imperial Good

Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3234)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3234)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3234)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3234)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3234)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3234)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. User of the Year: 2010 
Some release date for the patch would be good. Many people are starting to grow impatient.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Super Good View Post
Some release date for the patch would be good. Many people are starting to grow impatient.
XD i check battle net every fcking day! xD, omg but really... we need a release date , i hope to see a life of a peasant and warcraft melee maps , even a dota like map that is understandable unlike sotis and those maps, in sc2 after patch.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User skrab
I'm just really nice.

skrab is a name known to all (676)skrab is a name known to all (676)skrab is a name known to all (676)
Modeling Contest #11 - Winner: Azgathoth 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statharas View Post
new art tools, and more.

Same here.