• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Damage System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
"I'm trying to find a DDS that doesn't proc on splash attacks."
*facepalm*
Let me rephrase that:
I am trying to find a damage detection system that doesnt proc on attacks.
Good luck with that.

What you could do is trigger the splash damage... not so hard and opens up a lot of possibilities.

Level 8
my unit's splash attacks proc the spell individually for every unit affected by that units attack damage, I need it to get triggered only for the main target that is attacked by my unit and not for those that around. I don't want my spell to behave like this...better?

Do I have to carefully type my sentences just because to make them seem more logical to you? Of course I thought about triggering the splash damage manually but also thought that there might be a way to manipulate the DDS, which obviously there aren't, thank you.

Level 24
The damage detection is supposed to detect damage.
The splash attack deals damage to nearby units, so it HAS to be detected.

What you want is to know the difference between a direct hit and the splash damage.
That however is almost impossible to do... and the only way I know of is really hard to pull of properly.

To do it the best way is still to trigger the AoE effect.

The damage detection is supposed to detect damage.
The splash attack deals damage to nearby units, so it HAS to be detected.

What you want is to know the difference between a direct hit and the splash damage.
That however is almost impossible to do... and the only way I know of is really hard to pull of properly.

To do it the best way is still to trigger the AoE effect.

Has anyone tried combining attack orders with a damage detect system to attempt detecting splash yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.