• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i am working on a new unit training system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
the system involves training a unit into another unit but i am completely out of ideas as to how i shall create it. another idea i am planning to use is to make building build inside another building and then drill onto the battlefield. they are both part of the outlaw faction so if anybody can help me figure out how to program them i am grateful.

Level 21
i need something that functions like warwind 2.(clicking on an icon on the building then selecting the unit, the unit then walks over to the building and stays in a certain animation for a while before it becomes the new unit.) i managed to create it in warcraft 3 so it should be possible in starcraft 2 as well.

Level 12
You could probably load it up into building, and then have some kind of timer (don't quite know how to do Timers purely in Data, so you might need to do triggers), and when the timer expires you morph the unit and unload it. You should also be able to charge resources before or after it, and in either case you just don't morph the unit and unload them then trigger the usual Not enough resource message. (I don't remember how you can do that, but I'm pretty sure there's a way to trigger those specific messages using Data)

Level 21
that would make it more like battle realms and not like warwind 2. in warcraft 3 i created it by using channel and then switch out the unit when it was done channeling. regarding the building thing: i think i remember seeing something drill up from the ground in starcraft 2 but i am unable to remember what it is. maybe i could use that for the building construction if i knew what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.