• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Daily Quest Extension Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey everyone,

I recently was part of a discussion on /r/starcraft where daily quests for starcraft were discussed. I found the idea pretty great and came up with this list:

Kill 20 workers
Build 10 townhalls
Capture 11 watchtowers (or maybe "hold control of a watchtower for 5 minutes")
Mine 100 golden minerals
Review an arcade game
Play a coop mission with a friend
Win a coop mission
Kill 10 critters :(
Walk 42 miles with all your units combined
Build 50 workers
Score more than 20 kills with a single unit

I'd like to make an extension mod that works a bit like the "training" game mode where you have an objective displayed in the top right (one of the above) and can be completed.

This is just out of interest to "feel" how it would be ingame. Preferably you would have to complete the task before your opponent could lose.

Sadly I wasn't able to find a decent tutorial for extension mods...

Feedback appreciated.
regards
celphy

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I myself don't like this idea for one reason. If you cannot play one day or you are busy with other things, then you can never do the quest again and you will have a gap forever.

However, it will make one play more, especially quest hunters and surely raise the playing level.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Review an arcade game
Bad idea. People will just post troll reviews on the same arcade maps they already reviewed just for free gold. Whatever you do with gold...

Capture 11 watchtowers (or maybe "hold control of a watchtower for 5 minutes")
How does one capture a watchtower?! Sounds impossibly difficult and destructive to melee play.

Mine 100 golden minerals
Another very difficult one. Not all maps have gold minerals and not all such games allow you to mine them long enough for any to disappear before the game ends. Mining 100 such patches would take months on average.

Walk 42 miles with all your units combined
What on earth is a mile? SC2 is metric.

Score more than 20 kills with a single unit
Another bad one that would be detrimental to gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.