• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

templers curse dark age of light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
the templers last stand has began there last hope for finding the light in the forsaken land has come the undead base has began sieging us we must defend and wait till were strong. then destroy the undead where they stand I only hope we will survive that long

*Mail from your friend Sir Gally*

a idea of a templer fortress that's lost hope and quickly dieing off your man must help defend and survive

what do you think a templer defense map Yes or no? good idea or bad idea?

and your opion

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, first of all, I am a big fan of all maps themed with Light and/or Darkness. Especially hopeless situations give it some taste.

So, your concept sounds really interesting to me.
-> I would love to see a new map that is themed like yours.

Anyway, 'If you have fun developing and creating, then create this map' ( quoting most of experienced map makers). It is not important whether anyone else like it, it is only important that YOU like it and have fun creating it!

But back to your idea, as you wish some feedback to your idea.
I could really imagine a good templar defense/survival map with different classes and/or specializations of Templars. But notice there exist ( as of nearly any kind of map) already some survival maps that are similar to yours. Especially 'Defending the King' or 'Survive the Siege of Undeads' is a regular theme that is often used.
Therefore you would have to spend a lot of time to develop unseen content or create new systems. Of course, story is also important. Most of 'older' gamers wish tensioning stories, secrets and special events.

Result: 'Your idea is good'( Who am I to judge other peoples ideas ?) and I wish you good luck in case you start developing it, but in case want to create a 'superior' map, notice that this will take a lot of time!

I would be glad to see your map one day!

Level 4
looks awsome.

IDEA:Maybe you could have a skill tree of some sorts for example you could have in the around middle of the game you could get skills like Lights Justice:Does 20 damage and you know stuff like that and you could have a hero to run around a does some extra damage and hes the ones that summon the spells hope you like my idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.