• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Bug] Direct Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Regarding performance: I did not have gamebreaking lag issues, that being said 99% of players will have an inferior system. It seems to be a CPU bottleneck.
when CPU reaches 25% usage (on a quad core) it will lag. This is because the process is heavily limited to one core ( did not check to confirm but I know SC2 engine is retarded and high-performance stagger ).

Gameplay issues:-sometimes cannot tap the pheromon because it will instead tap the creature's on it. Temp workaround, use energy to rpelace with other one far away and tap it.
-the keepr's hand is sometimes hard to access I just randomly spamm whats said in tutorial but its unconsistent. edit: well I cna spawn an other in an open erea and tap it as a workaround.

AI issues: some creatures stack on top of one hatchery when the other is 9 blocks away (~4 in diagnoal lenght) and they die of hunger. Some spawndie from bedhealingdrone hundred times before they live because their revive status is deadly (out of combat situation of course)
The drones could be automated to do the most accessible action (keep mining if treasury too far). this should be one of the simplest solutions ( I do not code)* player can just cancel some actions to get what he wants.
- drones in combat: drones should be able to attempt revive in middle of combat; add a toggle option.

Performance and AI: even though there is no fps lag everything becomes inactive. you have dornes doing nothing next to a wall commnaded to pbreak or that should get creeped. (nothing blocking it)

I'm a visionary (ENTP) and I won't bombard you with endless realistic effecient ideas to improve gameplay since its still in Beta and you're probably working to fix which is way to go.

Last edited:
Level 7
Sorry for the late answer, I needed a bit of time to write all down.

At the moment I have no idea on how to improve Hive Keeper performances, unfortunately the editor is limited and I have to work with what I have.
The pheromone has a bigger click area then creatures but somehow it's still harder to click, I'll have to increase it furthermore.

What do you mean about the hand inconsistency? If you are referring to the fact you can't click on creatures covered by walls I fixed it but could not upload it on NA server due to the arcade contest going on.

Creatures look for the closest hatchery, not the one with most feederlings. Make sure that each hatchery is big enough for the creatures it will serve.

Explain better the spawndie thingy please

Having drones that won't bring minerals home is a lot worse then drones not digging everything instantly, trust me ;)

The AI total freezing happened to me sometimes in earlier versions and only in multiplayer. If you were able to reproduce it again please send me a replay so I can try to identify the cause. This bug is caused by too many triggers running at the same time, however I have to identify wich one is causing the issue.

Level 2
If the drones mine as a priority, you can cancel the mining to make them get minerals if you have problems. But you cannot cancel the mineral gathering. Either ways are not perfect.

there was a bug I have no idea how to reproduce it, the creatures would revive with a stack of hunger/sleep, and would die right after they spawn.
But they die next to a drone and their bed and so they revive..then the process repeats. It's not a big deal, but I mentioned it.

Usually you can deal with the bugs as a form of skill, but people don't like that and blame the game instead. But I'm not a stubborn rager lol.

Level 2
Not anymore

I don't have the replays anymore. I can do bug reporting in the future. I will assume I can upload the files here.

Oh btw,the gas traps can be heard across the map, it gets very annoying. It's continuous noise and volume (most annoying ''bug'' so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.