[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III > WarCraft III Tutorials > General Mapping Tutorials

General Mapping Tutorials This board contains tutorials that provide generic mapping information.
Read the Rules before posting.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User HammerFist132
Hater

HammerFist132 is a glorious beacon of light (451)HammerFist132 is a glorious beacon of light (451)HammerFist132 is a glorious beacon of light (451)
Man I have problem i have world edit and knowledge but i have no brain can someone help me xD

If you think that you are smarter than others you life empty life.

If you live empty life it means you are just robot made of meat who thinks that he is needed for this world, but trueth is that this world would be better place with out you.
HammerFist132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User Arisato
Roughly Online

Arisato is a jewel in the rough (168)
Weekend Mapping Madness - Winner: Aerial Attack 
dafuq did i just read
Has something you submitted ever been rejected? Do you wish that you could still share it? Just click the banner and enter a site where nothing is rejected where you may submit all creations. Just register and join in on the fun. Note: The models in the banner are available there. And yes I have permission to do this from the Hive Site Moderators.
Arisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User eubz
just that...

eubz has a brilliant future (1268)eubz has a brilliant future (1268)eubz has a brilliant future (1268)eubz has a brilliant future (1268)
Is there a need for passive abilities to cooldown?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User WaterKnight
User

WaterKnight has much of which to be proud (982)WaterKnight has much of which to be proud (982)WaterKnight has much of which to be proud (982)WaterKnight has much of which to be proud (982)WaterKnight has much of which to be proud (982)
Merit Badge - Level 0: Shadow Dancer: This user has been effectively reporting material that was proved to be useful for the moderating team. 
Sure, especially to require skill and not just having permanently boosted stats or random and unreliable proc-chance.
WaterKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User defskull
ϟƘƦƖ|ןΣ✘

defskull has a brilliant future (1384)defskull has a brilliant future (1384)defskull has a brilliant future (1384)defskull has a brilliant future (1384)
Zephyr Contest #9 - Winner: Stringed Shuriken: An assassin is always working like a trickster. This entry proves the theory, as defskull managed to integrate the fictional lore of the human legacy into a single, virtual ability. Strike fast, die instantly! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubz View Post
Is there a need for passive abilities to cooldown?
You obviously does not play many types of custom map just yet (especially AoS-type which include this special features and add unique gameplay to the map)

On Thread
When I first enter this thread, I was hoping that when my unit walks about 500 range away, it will trigger this ability itself and has its cooldown (judging by the thread topic name...)

But, it's truly misled me as this only occurs when it's onAttack by referring to WaterKnight

Can you please change the title as to avoid further confusion for newcomers

Something like: Making a passive ability with a cooldown (attack-based) ?
SYSTEMS: Custom Stats | Rank | Timed SFX | Income Generator | Spell Power | Item Weight | Jump | Item Bound | Item Durability | Squad Formation | Decelerating Knockback | Lightning Handling | Temporary Ability | Personal Inventory

There are A LOT of differences between Spell Eye-candy Contest and Spell Functionality Contest.
defskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User Adiktuz
Engr. Shana, ChE

Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1366)Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1366)Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1366)
@eubz: Once of the popular maps that has it is DotA, Nerubian weaver's Geminate attack uses this kind of mechanic...

@OP: And again and again, we want you to rename this thread please...
Adiktuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered User sonofjay
†‡Đằňğ؇†

sonofjay has a brilliant future (1261)sonofjay has a brilliant future (1261)sonofjay has a brilliant future (1261)sonofjay has a brilliant future (1261)
very useful
Darkness Call
A 3 Player ORPG
Current Version: 0.2.02

sonofjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User Arisato
Roughly Online

Making a passive ability with a cooldown (attack-based)

That's better
Has something you submitted ever been rejected? Do you wish that you could still share it? Just click the banner and enter a site where nothing is rejected where you may submit all creations. Just register and join in on the fun. Note: The models in the banner are available there. And yes I have permission to do this from the Hive Site Moderators.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Forum Moderator PurgeandFire
ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ

Resource & Tutorial Moderator

PurgeandFire has a reputation beyond repute (2142)PurgeandFire has a reputation beyond repute (2142)PurgeandFire has a reputation beyond repute (2142)PurgeandFire has a reputation beyond repute (2142)
Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. 
Sorry for the lateness to review. I have checked this out and it seems like a workable technique. I changed the title to "Passive ability with a cooldown (attack-based)", hopefully that is okay. Usually you don't have to have the "Making a..." part since it is implied. (since the thread is a tutorial)

However, you should make a note at the end, preferably looking something like this:
Quote:
Notes:

The icon will appear to be darker than the actual icon. To fix this, you should import a custom version of the icon and make the regular icon have a path prefix of "DISPAS" and make the actual DISPAS have a path prefix of "PAS". For example, if you have a custom version of an icon named "MyPassiveAbility.blp", then you would make the normal PASBTN have a path of:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASMyPassiveAbility.blp

And make the other disabled version have a path of:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\PASMyPassiveAbility.blp

Then in the object editor, assign it to the icon with the path:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\PASMyPassiveAbility.blp

Note that this may appear as green when the game is paused. (I'm not positive about this, but I assume that would happen) However, the problem where it is darkened will be fixed.

Also note that this technique as a whole is subject to whatever bugs/quirks the orb abilities already have.
You can actually just use that text directly if you want, and I'll approve.
PurgeandFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered User Arisato
Roughly Online

Done : )
Old 06-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered User mckill2009
SSJ99999 Pinoy!

mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)
orbs doesnt have cooldowns coz it triggers on each chance, so the title is misleading,
a real passive cooldown however is triggered with timers, but this is very useful indeed...

I believe in miracles as I've seen them all come true
mckill2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User defskull
ϟƘƦƖ|ןΣ✘

defskull has a brilliant future (1384)defskull has a brilliant future (1384)defskull has a brilliant future (1384)defskull has a brilliant future (1384)
Zephyr Contest #9 - Winner: Stringed Shuriken: An assassin is always working like a trickster. This entry proves the theory, as defskull managed to integrate the fictional lore of the human legacy into a single, virtual ability. Strike fast, die instantly! 
Quote:
orbs doesnt have cooldowns coz it triggers on each chance
Data - Chance to Hit Heros (%): 100.00
Data - Chance to Hit Summons (%): 100.00
Data - Chance to Hit Units (%): 100.00

Or I just misunderstood you ?

Well, it is called as cooldown because it will trigger each time you ordered an attack.
Just like spell, when you order it to cast, it will fire but can't be re-fired when it is in cooldown, same as for the orb.

For first ordered attack, it will trigger it, but for the next (while on cooldown), it will trigger.
SYSTEMS: Custom Stats | Rank | Timed SFX | Income Generator | Spell Power | Item Weight | Jump | Item Bound | Item Durability | Squad Formation | Decelerating Knockback | Lightning Handling | Temporary Ability | Personal Inventory

There are A LOT of differences between Spell Eye-candy Contest and Spell Functionality Contest.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered User mckill2009
SSJ99999 Pinoy!

mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)
Quote:
Well, it is called as cooldown because it will trigger each time you ordered an attack.
it will trigger on each chance, chance it triggered by attack ofc...
the cooldown is from the 'EffectAbility' (chain lightning), not the orb itself...

I believe in miracles as I've seen them all come true
mckill2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered User defskull
ϟƘƦƖ|ןΣ✘

So why do you said that the title is misleading, at first (yes it was) but then again, it was improved to (Attack-based), meaning that this cooldown will proc via Attack (ordered), it seems that it leads us to the right place.