• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Older yet not very old games, and have you played them?

Have you played ogre battle, fire emblem, megaman, or harvest moon(O_o)?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • What are you talking about?

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Have any of you people played Ogre Battle, Fire Emblem, Megaman(including classic and legends series), and yes, even Harvest Moon(which might not be that old), and did you like them?

And pm me if you want any of these games on a ROM(emulated game[console game in a computer file], and don't worry, it wil be completely legal)

Level 6
Mega Man and Ogre Battle are some great games.

I just started playing the Mega Man serie the other day (again). I think for every sequel it got a little bit easier. The first one is pretty hard and took some practicing. Before I figured out his weakness, Iceman was pure hell to me. I always messed up when I was getting close to beating him.
It feels like the developers ran out of ideas at some point. I see a bunch of bosses/weapons that are very similar to something done already, or just really weird/unimagineative. They're out of place and the weakness system really doesn't make sense sometimes. The leaf shield was cool. Then came a skull shield. Then a star shield I think? And a flower shield? But overall of course, it's a great serie(1-6).

Ogre Battle (snes/emulator) was great fun. I just wished I had known about the "Charisma" attribute and some other stuff. Couldn't figure out what it was for and how to change it. Still, I killed alot of time on that game.
It did get a bit repetitive eventually.

Then there's the Zelda (Nes, Snes) games, but sadly I haven't played them since childhood, and I don't recall ever playing Adventures of Link.

Does Mario Kart (Snes) count? That game was lots of fun!

Rock N Roll Racing was one of my favourites back in the days. Where did that cartridge go? I miss it. Such simple mindless fun.

I'll wrap this post up with Super Mario Bros (1 and 3, Nes) and Super Mario World. True classics that haven't died off like most games. The most replayable game that I can think of is Super Mario Bros. You can just sit down and play it over and over!

Status
Not open for further replies.