• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
feels like the drop rates are too high, and players got maxxed out so fast and now, so few are playing.

how many strongest boss kills u think is necessary to drop the gear u need?

if u ask me, 100x kill the strongest boss is a fine number to get ur char maxxed. Right now, feels like less than 15 strongest boss kills and ur fully equipped already.

Level 7
The current max gear is meant to be quick to obtain. Its just world bosses. They're meant to be quickly farmed to get some decent gear before progressing to the next areas.

When we actually get D4 to run the time it takes to "max" gear our characters will be much much longer.

Level 1
Totally agree with zwieb, i hate games where you gotta grind countless times to even get one piece of gear, just sucks all the fun out of it and will cause players to give up

Level 3
'World First' Warglaive for Nihilum

On June 5th 2007, Nihilum managed to get the World First Illidan Stormrage kill, but they have been really unlucky with warglaives drop rate until 2 days ago, after a whole year of farming, Warglaive of Azzinoth finally dropped off Illidan on June 10th 2008. Congratulations to Cloze and Nihilum, the presence of two former Forte members probably 'helped'.

takes em 1 year to get 1 warglaive, lol.
Also there was some EU guild that got 7 glaives in 9 weeks, haha.

low dropchance means that someone is going to get screwed ridiculously hard. Don't, please. Having a questline that takes a bit is ok, since you can actually see your progress and you know that you'll get what you want in the end, but a low dropchance is just cruel.

Level 6
i never said low drop chance..i said 100 boss kills

i never really liked low drop chance. i believe all drops should be 100% chance. The point is, you make it a recipe. So you can see progress, at least.

Level 3
feels like the drop rates are too high, and players got maxxed out so fast and now, so few are playing.

how many strongest boss kills u think is necessary to drop the gear u need?

if u ask me, 100x kill the strongest boss is a fine number to get ur char maxxed. Right now, feels like less than 15 strongest boss kills and ur fully equipped already.

I'm pretty sure by saying that the droprates are too high right now you imply that you want lower droprates. And having to kill the same boss 100 times is seriously boring. If you don't want people to be maxed on gear so fast, you should solve that with hardmodes and questlines, not low droprates.

i never said low drop chance..i said 100 boss kills

i never really liked low drop chance. i believe all drops should be 100% chance. The point is, you make it a recipe. So you can see progress, at least.

having a boss drop the entire loottable every time will make looting very tedious. If they are all recipes, then at least make the boss drop the reagent and have a vendor sell the recipe. Nobody wants to kill a boss and get a recipe, then grind mats, then get an item some time later, completely seperated from the actual content where the item could have dropped, if it hadn't been a recipe.

Level 1
I remember farming that green well crafted harness armor (can't believe that I can still remember the name lol) for squire for hours on end from those lvl 21 gnolls. The wall has a higher drop chance cause it drops on crows, gnolls and ogres, but it was pretty tedious farming that so you can have the best gear for the class quest. Not to mention that green helmet that drops from lvl 12 gnolls

Status
Not open for further replies.