• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CORE assets release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all, been a while, thought I'd kickstart my activity by releasing a content pack, CORE asset pack #1 - houses

29443874435321488.jpg

This pack includes some of the houses and materials Daskaren and I created for Curse of River's End (you can read about the creation process in a different thread in this forum)

- Uncompiled textures and material files (so you can open them in the materials editor and look at properties etc)

- 5 different houses (saved as prefabs), core_house_large01, core_house_large02, core_house_medium01, core_house_medium02, core_house_small0

- A vmap example map with all the prefabs included

How to install:

1. copy the files in the material folder to \dota 2 beta\content\dota_addons\MY_ADDON\materials

2. copy the files in the prefab folder to \dota 2 beta\content\dota_addons\MY_ADDON\maps\prefabs

3. (optional) copy the core_houses.vmap file into \dota 2 beta\content\dota_addons\MY_ADDON\maps\

You find the download HERE (~13 mb)

Usage:
Regular Steam DMCA rules applies to all items uploaded to the Steam Workshop!
This content pack is intended for Dota2 only, items and models are not allowed to use in any other game. This includes exporting the
meshes to other formats and using them in other engines, modifying and using the tga files for other engines.
As long what you are doing is free (just like Dota2) and you do not make any money directly (i.e. selling the assets or using a pay-wall
to distribute the assets) or indirectly (i.e. charging or receiving money for a map or mod in Dota2) you have our blessing to use them!

Enjoy!

PS. if you have any issues with installing the asset pack please reply to this thread!

Level 3
Sick! Thanks for releasing them, many people will make good use of this. I'll playtest them while I wait for the rest too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.