[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Hosted Projects > The Hive Workshop Hosted Forums > Darkwind RPG - A Heros Tale

Darkwind RPG - A Heros Tale Darkwind RPG - A Hero's Tale Darkwind RPG will be a huge RPG that supports singleplayer as well as multiplayer. The aim of this project is to reach the limits of things that can be done with the WC3 engine and lift the rpgfeeling to a new never reached level. It will drag the player into a warforged interactive world where he will have to choose his way.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered User thedeathunterxx
pretty boy

thedeathunterxx is just really nice (277)thedeathunterxx is just really nice (277)thedeathunterxx is just really nice (277)thedeathunterxx is just really nice (277)thedeathunterxx is just really nice (277)
is there a way u can make a custom UI for it ?

like it doesn't have to be complicated, but make the quest log look like a peice of parchment with script writing on it that describes your quest, and using an ability, opens up the quest log. Something along those lines would make it really cool. Though i do not know how possible that may be .
thedeathunterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered User Thyrael
The Dark Side

Thyrael is just really nice (286)Thyrael is just really nice (286)Thyrael is just really nice (286)Thyrael is just really nice (286)Thyrael is just really nice (286)
I planned to create a custom interface for the quests. The text won't be animated but it will look like the thing you spoke about. Kinda WoWish... but who cares if it is well executed^^

| Follow us |
Thyrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:02 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered User Vercas
Still surprisingly alive.

Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)
Can you make a DGUI quest window?
DGUI like your actions bar.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered User Thyrael
The Dark Side

Thyrael is just really nice (286)Thyrael is just really nice (286)Thyrael is just really nice (286)Thyrael is just really nice (286)Thyrael is just really nice (286)
Of course I can, but I won't. don't get me wrong, DGUI can do almost everything but can't catch mouseover events. That can only be done by trackables. And I WANT mouseoverevents like a highlight function for the buttons or quests etc. So I have to create a combination of units for the textures and trackables for the click/hover events. But trust me, it will look good^^

| Follow us |
Old 11-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered User syltman
nitpicker

syltman has a spectacular aura about (136)syltman has a spectacular aura about (136)syltman has a spectacular aura about (136)syltman has a spectacular aura about (136)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrael View Post
Of course I can, but I won't. don't get me wrong, DGUI can do almost everything but can't catch mouseover events. That can only be done by trackables. And I WANT mouseoverevents like a highlight function for the buttons or quests etc. So I have to create a combination of units for the textures and trackables for the click/hover events. But trust me, it will look good^^
However the delay with trackables is huge.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered User Thyrael
The Dark Side

I never encountered problems by using trackables. They are only for the hover events so tooltips etc can be shown up.

| Follow us |
Old 11-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered User Vercas

Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)
I see it very strange to complain about hovering events.
You could use DGUI to make the window on the screen and show a cinematic, or some special animations at the same time.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered User olyvian
User

olyvian has little to show at this moment (23)olyvian has little to show at this moment (23)olyvian has little to show at this moment (23)
suggestions:
1.How about adding some angel wings / demon wings behind the char.
like if you have killed xx amount of demons you'll get angel wings and angels killed visa versa.

2. How about adding somekind of 'rank' overhead a NPC/solider/etc. That you'll know if he is like a weapon dealer etc. The weapon dealer must have somekind of weapon smith overhead.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered User Vercas

2: Text tags?
Old 11-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered User syltman
nitpicker

syltman has a spectacular aura about (136)syltman has a spectacular aura about (136)syltman has a spectacular aura about (136)syltman has a spectacular aura about (136)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyvian View Post
suggestions:
1.How about adding some angel wings / demon wings behind the char.
like if you have killed xx amount of demons you'll get angel wings and angels killed visa versa.

2. How about adding somekind of 'rank' overhead a NPC/solider/etc. That you'll know if he is like a weapon dealer etc. The weapon dealer must have somekind of weapon smith overhead.
The first suggestion is lulsy.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered User Vercas

Too fantasy for the map's style.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered User Thyrael
The Dark Side

I think I'll add kind of icon tags over npcs to make them easier to find. The wingthing won't fit into the concept of the map. but nevertheless the world will change as your char grows. Depending on your actions the behavior of the people will change too.

| Follow us |
Old 11-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered User olyvian
User

olyvian has little to show at this moment (23)olyvian has little to show at this moment (23)olyvian has little to show at this moment (23)
maybe you could add thropies too ^^
Old 11-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered User thedeathunterxx
pretty boy

thedeathunterxx is just really nice (277)thedeathunterxx is just really nice (277)thedeathunterxx is just really nice (277)thedeathunterxx is just really nice (277)thedeathunterxx is just really nice (277)
hey thyrael if you ever need a terrainer u can call on me whenever you want man.although i know you like to work solo. i dont blame you i like to work solo too.

just look at my maps and terrains and tell me if u ever need me. ill be more then welcome to help u out lol
thedeathunterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered User Goldendemon
aka Vitoisimba

Goldendemon is on a distinguished road (84)Goldendemon is on a distinguished road (84)
There's still a terrainer :>

<~ ME, i think ill get it alone but if i need help, we'll contact you
Goldendemon is offline   Reply With Quote