• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #16 - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

tiananmen-square-tank1-18081.jpg

modeling.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
6.png

poll.png

Contest Theme: Tanks

Contestants are to make an armored, ground based, mechanical unit that would logically be considered a "TANK" this vehicle would be used in front line combat.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

Ikillforeyou's Goblin Super heavy tank Revilgaz
Fan's Nightsaber tank
Mr. Bob's Mrs. Bob
Chilla_Killa's Demon Tank
Debode's Infernal Behemoth
General Frank's Ursa Major
Pyramidhe@d's Kerberos Tank
Anarchianbedlam's Prowler
Kitabatake's Beta030
Time-to-die's TTDTank
Infinitynexus chose to withdraw his entry.
judges.png
  • Tell us if you want to judge!
contest%20judging.png

• 60 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • Score shall be taken out of 50 points,
      • 15 points for mesh (verticies and faces)
      • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
      • 10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
      • 5 points for mechanics (how well does this model work ingame)
      • 5 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, particle saturation, etc.)
      • 5 points for creativity.
  • 40 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
  • Final Score = (Judge's Score)*0.6 + (votes/(total votes))*40 = (score)/100
disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited:
Level 12
anarchianbedlam's tank is the best! All bow before the mighty spider tank!
Despite that, please please PLEASE all of you competitors please post your models on the Models section so you can get rep for it! :D Including you, InfinityNexus, whatever you did.

Level 5
My vote goes to Ursa Major. I think it fits the Warcraft style most and has in my opinion the most appealing look.

Level 2
Tough between Prowler and Ursa Major ... General Frank got my vote though. Sounds like Infinity would have won ...

Level 12
Mrs. Bob and the Infernal Behemoth were competing for my vote. The Behemoth is just awesome, but I love the random fuel cell on the back of Mrs. Bob.

Then I saw Ursa Major.

Level 26
Oh, sorry about that, i could have sworn i had put everyone's entry in there, i had kitabatake's entry open, i guess i missed it.... Why did infinitynexus withdraw? :(
I voted pyramidhe@d, custom texture was win.

.... i would also like to encourage voters to look at the entries ingame... lol, i worked so hard making sure that mine didnt have any glitches ( like my Odin did xD rofl )

AS FOR JUDGES
I am hoping to get 3 judges. Right now i have 2 judges

1. HappyCockroach
2. Shamanyouranus

If you would like to judge, just offer, and we'll see what we can do :D. Good luck to all contestants

Level 18
My favourites here are General Frank's, Anarchianbedlam's and Kitabatake's tank.
Can't really decide which one to go for though. I liked all of them. :)

Level 13
Yay poll's made! I vote for the prowlah, cause it's without doubt the coolest and most detailed wc unit I've ever seen.

Oh and to whoever said it reminded him/her of something, it might have been the spider tank from ratchet and clank :p

Level 9
no, not that. If anyone's ever played an old game called Battle Engine Aquila, there is a 4 legged walker that looks just like the prowler, minus a few details.

Status
Not open for further replies.