• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

some pictures from my new Orpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello,

im a terrainer and working together with Quetzalcotl
and some othere guys on a new Orpg

I just want you show a bit of our work, plz tell me what you are thinking about the pictures, and which you like most :)
.. i always like good critique

ImageShack - Hosting :: neworpg4tc7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: neworpg1nr8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: neworpg11ve5.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: neworpg6bf3.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: neworpg5lr7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: neworpg13pr4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: neworpg9jd0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: neworpg20oh4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: neworpg14iw5.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: neworpg16oh2.jpg

at the moment we would be glad to have one guy more working on it, which knows about modeling and designing.

:thumbs_up: cya

Level 9
Looks really good for an ORPG, better then most I've seen (whitch aren't that many, but still).

Picture 1: Looks great, how are you handeling pathing on those stairs?
Picture 2: A bit barren perhaps, could need more doodads.
Picture 3: Lovely, I like the fact that it goes around the tree. Empty in the backround though.
Picture 4: Well, there shouldn't be grass growing on the cliff, should there? And the area around the campfire is a bit empty in my opinion..
Picture 5: I love the spiky rock in the middle, but the flowers in bottom-left part of the picture looks oddly placed.
Picture 6: In my opinion the worst picture. I don't like the walls, but I can't think of an alternative for the moment. Why are the barrels tinted red? The door looks odd as well. (Are those bookcases for the floor? If so, I like the idea, no byte-expencive imported models here!)
Picture 7: Again with the tinted barrels. The floor could use a little more variation I belive, and the walls aren't that great. What is the barred hole in the floor made out of?
Picture 8: No complaints about this one, looks great.
Picture 9: Almost no complaints, maybe something under those fishes on a line, or some tile variation.
Picture 10: No real complaints here either though that anvil to the far left look malplaced, the I suppose it would look better if you could see the whole area around it.

Great terrain there. Think about file size though, you seem to be using alot of doodads, and quite a few custom models. When you relese this map, I'll play it, just for the terrain.

Level 5
Hello Argus

@ Picture 1: just use the invisible platforms ->look in bridges/ramps change their height and put some blocker arround
@ Picture 2: ur right but which doodads im thinking about which fits good in a snowy mountain area
@ Picture 4: i`ll work on
@ Picture 6: its not such easy to make a tavern looking from in with nearly no imports but i think i will import something for the walls.
@ Picture 7: the hole is just made with a black ground doodad and bookshelfs where the heights is changet
@ Picture 9: nice idea :)

the file size is at the moment ok its 700 kb and the terrain is i would say 70 % made. i try to keep the file size down but i hate the doodad limits and such limit things -_-

btw still searching a good modeler :gg:

Level 7
Fellow... perhaps u could add that i made most of the map :/
and i say most not everything, ofcourse u helped with lots of things.

Level 5
ok some more informations for you :wink:

it will have 4 basic hero classes
warrior
mage
archer
rogue

the heros will have at the beginning just a few spells, after chosing one basic hero the player can decide which way he wanna go with his hero.

For exampel a warrior can become later a berserker, but only because the player buy berserker spells find maybe rare berserker spells and finding items which are pretty good for a berserker not a tank or a simpel warrior.

There will be many ways to go with the basic heros they can become with a
warrior → paladin, berserker, warrior
mage → priest, warlock, mage
archer → sniper, hunter, archer
rogue → ninja, samurai, rogue

the map will have a lot of dungeons

- custom made spells
- rare drops in the dungeons
- item recipe system
- later some pvp areas where the player gets rare rewards for pvp

all pictures you can see atm in my request thread ->
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/model-skin-request-97659/