• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi! I've got some terrain in one of my maps (that whont I realease in a while)
and I just want some tips on how to improve them.

Attachments

• ggg.JPG
    ggg.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 177
  • ggg2.JPG
    ggg2.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 161
  • ggg3.JPG
    ggg3.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 158
  • ggg4.JPG
    ggg4.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 174
YEAH!! a goblin village!!! (sorry) well.. they are pretty good.. but!

1# screenshot = you put to mutch shrubs ... and they are pretty tall ... shrink them by double-clicking on them and changing the ''Z''...

the tileset variation is good... but you didnt used the best tilesets to be variate.. like Grass don't really work with Roots.. for example...

2# Screenshot! = nice work

3# Screenshot! = same problem as the first

4# Screenhot! = you did a pretty good job! but the road could be less... strait...:D

Level 34
Your doodad placement is too random in the forests. Your town is decent though, I like it. Good use of hills in it.

Level 7
Well I can change some of the cliffs in the first screenies but the shrubs are tall because you shall be able to hide in them from enemies. All the heroes in the game are wery greenish and mix good with the terrain.

Level 5
hm
the truth? i dont like the screens.. i know its in game terrain but
first i would take some more tilesets more different textures.
maybe you find also better doodads fitting in because they are most like ugly blizard doodads and then dont put them randomly in the environment.

the last picture i do like more then the first 4 ;)
keep on working on the terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.