• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

screens of a little big german project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi fellas. Im bored just again, so i thought i post here another time and show you some screens.
They are all of a 3rd Person RPG, so they are made to be playable and they are.

Attachments

• Berge_02.jpg
    Berge_02.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 304
  • Indoor01.jpg
    Indoor01.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 308
  • Schamin Kloster17.JPG
    Schamin Kloster17.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 288
  • Schamin Kloster18.JPG
    Schamin Kloster18.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Wald 04.jpg
    Wald 04.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 320
  • Wald 05.jpg
    Wald 05.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 290
  • Wald 06.jpg
    Wald 06.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Wald 07.jpg
    Wald 07.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 267
Level 36
This terrain is EXTREMELY beutifull, but i HAVE to ask, where did you get those rocks that you use to make mountians from? Its a fucking GREAT idea. and the grass? Dont look like anything from UTM unless its the orange one repainted green or somerhing? :p

Level 25
Ah, I remember seeing the impressive gameplay video of this project. I look forward to its release.

The terrain isn't exactly a marvelous piece of work, but it is good. Some areas actually remind me of the old Play-4-Free MMO, Shadowbane. Not really sure if you can count this as a flaw, but it wouldn't hurt too much to give your trees a small roll value so when they are placed on hills, they are tilted. Just a small suggestion, as seeing a bunch of trees standing at 90 degree angles with no tilting looks a little fake to be honest.

So far so good though. :wink:

~Craka_J

Level 34
Meh, the contrast between the doodads is too much for me. I'd prefer to stick to my cartoony models. What is that ashenvale tree doing in there?

Your use of doodads is very good though, and the terrain is nice, it's just those damn models. I still don't se the appeal of the high-res. It makes me think of those crappy free mmos that Craka mentioned.

Good to see you posting Craka! I haven't seen you in a while. [/offtopic]

Level 5
first i have to excuse me of my bad english, i try to explain that in the best way as i can.
the rocks are a modificated version of the goldmine, modificated by xXm0rph3usXx (i dont know if i wrote it right, but they who know him, they will remember ^^). so i downloaded it and changed the uvw map, so it has the skin of the rock-tile. then i modificated the model a little bit for my own. i uploaded it for them who need it.
i (re)started this rpg when born²modificate uploaded the aventurien (or real texture) pack, so many people started rpgs with realtextures. i tried to stay at the cartoon style, but then i found morpheus goddamned awsome house models and i coundn't hold off to use them ^^ so it has a contrast cause of the low-res and high-res models, but to have only high-res models it needs too much work and only low-res it hasn't the vantages of the high-res models anymore like the enabling of the use of indoor-rooms.

@Craka_J
Do you mean the trees on the rocks or the others? if you meant the others, i never thought about. and it doesnt looks bad. thanks for it, finally the region of the rpg lies in the border of the lithosphere, so there are many earthquakes etc.
it really doesnt look so bad, does it? ^^

Attachments

• SteinLords4b.mdx
    11.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Angle.jpg
    Angle.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 215
Level 25
I meant for all trees actually. Don't give the trees a roll value that makes it tilt on flat terrain though. That'll just look unnecessary. Just give it a roll value that will make it tilt when placed on a hilly type terrain. Will look great in the long-run compared to what you had before. So far, the new changes to the terrain are very good and it looks much better. Though, the yellow leaved trees mixed with the green grassy terrain is a bit unstable. However, it looks good enough since you helped blend it all in by adding that Ashenvale tree in the background. Though it seems sort of out of place, I like it there. :smile:

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.