• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tiles Don't Work In Editor, Only In-Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Yes, even Terrain Moderators can use some helpful assistance. I am trying to prepare my map - Stormwind for Wc3:WoW - to take screenshots of it, but there's only one problem, the damn custom tiles won't show in the editor; only shows in-game. Instead of showing my custom tiles, it shows the regular WC3 tiles which I am replacing. A couple custom tiles work, but not all of them. Tiles I am trying to replace are:
  • Lordaeron Grass tile
  • Dalaran Brick tile
  • Lordaeron Rock tile
Any possible solutions?

~Craka_J

Level 25
Unfortunately, this is something I cannot do since all tilesets are to be replaced completely, eventually. I must choose the tiles wisely.

[EDIT]:
Ah ha! I've found the solution! When I first start up the World Editor, a map is instantly created. A blank one of course. This loads in the Lordaeron Summer tiles and since the tiles that were not appearing were replacements for the Lordaeron Summer tiles after I load the Wc3:WoW campaign, I had to go to "File"->"Close Map", then go into "Preferences" and check-box out the "Create a new map on start-up". After this, I exited the World Editor and reopened it and then loaded the Wc3:WoW campaign. The textures which were not showing now show again in the editor! W00T! I just noticed how poor the new tileset for Stormwind city is... going to replace it with the old brick tile in Dalaran for now until I get a texture artist who can redo it the way I want/need.

Taking screenshots now... prepare yourselves!

~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 25
Stormwind WIP Screenshots

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Work-In-Progress screenshots of Stormwind. I've done all this in a day. Imagine what I can accomplish in a week if I manage to avoid being interrupted by the annoyances of my personal life.

I know they're not great - especially the outdoor one by the entrance - but like I said, these are all Works-In-Progress. I am still looking for models and textures that I can use to help myself create Stormwind.

~Craka_J

Attachments

• Stormwindwip1 copy.jpg
    Stormwindwip1 copy.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Stormwindwip2 copy.jpg
    Stormwindwip2 copy.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Stormwindwip3 copy.jpg
    Stormwindwip3 copy.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 376
  • Stormwindwip4 copy.jpg
    Stormwindwip4 copy.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 286
Level 34
The custom doodaded gate for the Stormwind entrance I made was better. :p

The models sure make it easier. The inside is awesome, although I would make the city tighter for a more packed feeling. Unless you're going to fill it with people.

Level 25
Well remember, its a playable map with a chase camera. I don't want the camera to go through objects. However, I will most likely begin assigning the triggerer Saitek009 to make objects become transparent when the camera comes in the way of objects. Will be difficult, but we must do it.

~Craka_J

Level 34
Well remember, its a playable map with a chase camera. I don't want the camera to go through objects. However, I will most likely begin assigning the triggerer Saitek009 to make objects become transparent when the camera comes in the way of objects. Will be difficult, but we must do it.

~Craka_J
Possibly a bit too much work. As well I'd rather see that come in later.

It would be nice though. Although I would never use it. I like the camera to be at an angle and out a ways. Not birds eye, not 3rd person.

Status
Not open for further replies.