• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Youtube: Catherdral Making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I was wondering that too raid; I guess it's his own model. How many customs did he use for this? Anyone count? I only noticed that one off hand.

Level 19
lol i need to know how he moves the doodads in mid air without losing their height
like in 2:51 and 4:16 +rep to who tells me ^^
3:48 omg he used the calculator to calculate the angles LOL

Level 19
nvm i found out (u still get rep :D)
i would like to know if i can change pitch and roll angles just with teh keyboard.
or if i can keep the doodad height if i CnP

Level 28
lol i need to know how he moves the doodads in mid air without losing their height
like in 2:51 and 4:16 +rep to who tells me ^^
3:48 omg he used the calculator to calculate the angles LOL

You go to Advanced and uncheck the last item.

After that, you raise the doodad and press a Numpad Number (example:Numpad8).

Level 19
it should be posted a sticky with all teh keyboard commands and stuff to make doodad terraining easier :D

Level 34
it should be posted a sticky with all teh keyboard commands and stuff to make doodad terraining easier :D
Look under Preferences, they should all be there.

And to answer your previous question, no there is no way to change pitch and roll with short cuts. Perhaps a third party program could do it though. Vexoriaaaaaaan where are you?

Level 25
Time to criticize the cathedral. Though it was well made and done rather quickly, I don't like the interior or the choice of trees. Palm trees and cathedrals simply do not mix. He should have added models from the Church Model Pack which can be found at Wc3Campaigns resource section within the cathedral. Would have enhanced its cathedral look way more. Overall though, for the amount of time it was done it, it's a good start, though I don't like terrains too much that aren't complete and because the surrounding environment was not finished, the atmosphere was off. I mean, it was just a cathedral in the middle of, what looked like, an oasis. Made no sense, though, for a demonstration of terrain skills on the other hand with making buildings and such, it was good. :smile:

PS: I'm too lazy to read posts, like the rest of the Hive Workshop users. :wink:

~Craka_J

Level 21
Time to criticize the cathedral. Though it was well made and done rather quickly, I don't like the interior or the choice of trees. Palm trees and cathedrals simply do not mix.
I personally think the palm trees give an interesting touch. You might also not know where exactly the map takes place...

Overall though, for the amount of time it was done it, it's a good start, though I don't like terrains too much that aren't complete and because the surrounding environment was not finished, the atmosphere was off. I mean, it was just a cathedral in the middle of, what looked like, an oasis.
There's a reason it's called "Cathedral Design", not "Cathedral in leet environment". And I think it's really supposed to be playable (since he's advertising for his map "Adventure of Fishing"), which makes it all the more interesting.

Level 36
i will sound quite noob but "how to rotate doodads"?

don´t say that im noob, just never used it

Click the doodad of choice. Hit the CTRL (or Shift) dont remember right)) and right or left click (again dont remember) in the desired location of the doodads facement, notice, though, that some doodads are tricky to rotate, as the front of it might not be the front, bah, you get what I mean when you stumble over it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.