• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kawaii Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
You doing the spell too, or just the system? For the spell, I'd recommend AuraStruct. You'd place the aura at the center of the 2 rotating orbs and apply the shield to that aura at that aura's layer. From here, when allied units come within range of the aura (inside of the circled formed by the 2 orbs), they will get the shields applied.

I'll try to have TimerTools fixed before you start working with AuraStruct if you do decide to do the cool awesome spell ;D

Level 24
I don't know if someone is already working on this but worths the try
Venom Storm

DDS: N/A
Code Type: GUI/Jass/vJass (Depends)
Spell Type: Hero
Target Type: Target Point
Area of Effect: 500
Number of Levels: 1
Mana Cost: 250
Cooldown: 4 Minutes
In-game Description: Rains Down a storm of venom that tricks any units mind, making them attack each other randomly, reducing 20 of their health every second. Lasts 15 seconds
How the spell works: The caster channels a storm of venom the makes any units(includes allies but not the caster) attack each other and damaging them by 20 every second in a 500 radius.(Use Plague SEffect).Lasts at 15 > (Last Skill)

Level 13
Ion Cannon--finished

• Ion Config
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Attachment point? --------
      • Set Ion_String = origin
      • -------- Damage --------
      • Set Ion_Damage = 1000.00
      • -------- Be sure to check the conditions if you want some units to be immune from this damage --------
  • Ion Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ion Cannon
    • Actions
      • Set Ion_MaxIndex = (Ion_MaxIndex + 1)
      • Set Ion_Caster[Ion_MaxIndex] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Ion_Target[Ion_MaxIndex] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the Ion_String of Ion_Target[Ion_MaxIndex] using war3mapImported\IonCannon.mdx
      • Set Ion_Fx[Ion_MaxIndex] = (Last created special effect)
      • Set Ion_Duration[Ion_MaxIndex] = 7.00
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Ion_MaxIndex Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Ion Int <gen>
        • Else - Actions
  • Ion Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer Ion_CurrentIndex) from 1 to Ion_MaxIndex, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Ion_Duration[Ion_CurrentIndex] = (Ion_Duration[Ion_CurrentIndex] - 0.05)
            • If - Conditions
              • Ion_Duration[Ion_CurrentIndex] Greater than 0.00
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Set TempPoint = (Position of Ion_Target[Ion_CurrentIndex])
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Ion for (Owner of Ion_Caster[Ion_CurrentIndex]) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
              • Set TempUnit = (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to TempUnit
              • Unit - Add Stun (Dummy Stun) to TempUnit
              • Set TempGroup = (Units within 600.00 of TempPoint)
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Set TempUnit2 = (Picked unit)
                  • -------- Put in conditions here! --------
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (TempUnit2 is alive) Equal to True
                      • (TempUnit2 belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Ion_Caster[Ion_CurrentIndex])) Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Order TempUnit to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt TempUnit2
                      • Unit - Cause TempUnit to damage TempUnit2, dealing Ion_Damage damage of attack type Hero and damage type Universal
                    • Else - Actions
              • Special Effect - Destroy Ion_Fx[Ion_CurrentIndex]
              • Set Ion_Caster[Ion_CurrentIndex] = Ion_Caster[Ion_MaxIndex]
              • Set Ion_Target[Ion_CurrentIndex] = Ion_Target[Ion_CurrentIndex]
              • Set Ion_Duration[Ion_CurrentIndex] = Ion_Duration[Ion_MaxIndex]
              • Set Ion_Fx[Ion_CurrentIndex] = Ion_Fx[Ion_MaxIndex]
              • Set Ion_CurrentIndex = (Ion_CurrentIndex - 1)
              • Set Ion_MaxIndex = (Ion_MaxIndex - 1)
                • If - Conditions
                  • Ion_MaxIndex Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                • Else - Actions
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
Edit: Oops.. It currently only stuns for 2 seconds, just go to Object Editor and change to 3

Attachments

• IonCannon.w3x
    31 KB · Views: 258
Level 23
Anybody on for a spell request? Been working at it for hours and I just can't seem to make it work. xD

Impale/Shockwave attack

DDS: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...a-231846/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=looking_for_help
Code Type: GUI/Jass <---Whatever suits you best. As long as I can implement it with GUI or so long as it works.
Spell Type: Unit
Target Type: Passive
Area of Effect: 100 AoE in a maximum of 1000 Range
Number of Levels: 1
Mana Cost: -
Cooldown: Synced with the unit's attack.
In-game Description: Description ain't visible in-game. Given as a default ability to certain units in the OE.
How the spell works: Basically, any unit/hero with this passive spell will have their attacks work like shockwave but will have the impale sfx (spikes on the ground as it travels) not the shockwave sfx. The attack is not homing but will deal damage to units in a line, however, what makes it difficult to make (difficult for me, I dunno about you guys) is the configs and the impale attack effect.

The supposed configs would be:
  • Damage Dealt In line:(Damage dealt by the shockwave. Magical Damage ofc.)
  • Impale SFX (Not every unit will use the same effect so I decided to make this a configurable)
  • Damage Dealt Range (how much the "shockwave" travels before it disappears)
  • Damage Dealt AoE (The thickness of the shockwave in which units in it would be hit)

I gave up working on this last night, but still, posting and maybe one of you guys try and succeed. This is pretty much for creeps in both of my project Heroes Lore and In Memoriam.

Chooeychoco: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=zdh6ry
Chen Storm: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=afo51g
@Chen Storm: Here's Model you requested me..:
untitl90.jpg

Level 8
There is one problem with the spell you made me. Perhaps when a unit is hit by the fireball it is hit again. I want it like when a unit is hit by 1 fireball it cannot be hit by the same fireball again. And maybe like when the fireballs move a special effect is made behind them each time they move. Thanks again :)

Is it ok if I request again?
Inferno Blast

Code Type: GUI
Spell Type: Hero
Target Type: Instant
Area of Effect: N/A
Number of Levels: 3
Mana Cost: 180
Cooldown: 110
In-game Description: Summons 36 fireballs in a circular formation that runs outward that damages and slows each unit that is hit. Each fireball deals 100 damage and slows by 20%/30%/40%.
How the spell works: The caster creates 36 fireballs that move outward in a circular formation up to a 1400 distance. Each of these fireballs can slow a unit and each fireball deals 100 damage.

Please check your spell request, you didn't told that. Okay, i edit it right now.
P/s: I hope next time, please make it complete and detailed.

Level 13
Uhh...
I saw how the spell looks like in game, but in DotA, i think it's using a model that have expanding animation. Without that kind of model, the spell will be very laggy when cast... :/

Yeah, i wanna take this one... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.